Phlebotomy, also called venipuncture, is the discipline of drawing blood from a patient using medical needles for the purpose of analyzing the blood’s components. Physicians will use this information as part of an overall workup to help determine a patient’s medical condition, assess nutritional deficiencies, or identify genetic markers. As such, drawing blood is one of the primary skills that all doctors and nurses learn in their training programs. A trained phlebotomy technician, also called a phlebotomist, is able to relieve doctors and nurses by performing this important task for them.
Phlebotomy training programs in Wyoming follow standardized protocol set by the American Medical Technologists association. Coursework in phlebotomy can be pursued through vocational programs, community colleges, or teaching hospitals. The trainee must have at least a high school education to be employed in the field. They will complete a six week course in towards a basic certification that allows them to proceed with a 15 week training program after which they may pursue a diploma in the field if desired. A phlebotomist can work in a variety of settings including hospitals, medical offices or laboratories.
If you are in high school and interested in a career as a phlebotomist, contact your guidance counselor to see if there is a certified vocational program you can attend. If you are a high school graduate, contact your local hospital or nearest community college about certification and training programs in your area.
Requirements for Certification and Training
Most phlebotomy training programs in Wyoming follow the same basic coursework for certification and training. Coursework involves taking a lecture based class followed by a hands-on practicum experience. Typically the program can be completed within one semester.
Employment Opportunities for Phlebotomists in Wyoming
Increased demand for phlebotomists in the medical field has created strong employment opportunities. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that phlebotomists earn between $13.00-$16.00 per hour nationally. In Wyoming, the average salary can vary by region but sources put it somewhere around $34,000 annually which makes it a competitive career for people to pursue.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
More Phlebotomy Classes in Wyoming
|Casper College||125 College Drive, Casper, WY 82601||http://www.caspercollege.edu/medical_lab_tech/index.html|
|Central Wyoming College||2660 Peck Avenue, Riverton, WY 82501||http://www.cwc.edu/healthcare-training|
|Northwest College||231 West 6th Street, Powell, WY 82435||http://www.northwestcollege.edu/nursing/courses/detail.dot?id=202abdf4-bcc9-474d-a021-49347a764eb7|
|Western Wyoming Community College||2500 College Drive, Rock Springs, WY 82901||http://www.wwcc.cc.wy.us/|