Phlebotomy, also called venipuncture, is the discipline of drawing blood from a patient using medical needles for the purpose of analyzing the blood’s components. Physicians will use this information as part of an overall workup to help determine a patient’s medical condition, assess nutritional deficiencies, or identify genetic markers. As such, drawing blood is one of the primary skills that all doctors and nurses learn in their training programs. A trained phlebotomy technician, also called a phlebotomist, is able to relieve doctors and nurses by performing this important task for them.
Phlebotomy training programs in Wyoming follow standardized protocol set by the American Medical Technologists association. Coursework in phlebotomy can be pursued through vocational programs, community colleges, or teaching hospitals. The trainee must have at least a high school education to be employed in the field. They will complete a six week course in towards a basic certification that allows them to proceed with a 15 week training program after which they may pursue a diploma in the field if desired. A phlebotomist can work in a variety of settings including hospitals, medical offices or laboratories.
If you are in high school and interested in a career as a phlebotomist, contact your guidance counselor to see if there is a certified vocational program you can attend. If you are a high school graduate, contact your local hospital or nearest community college about certification and training programs in your area.
Requirements for Certification and Training
Most phlebotomy training programs in Wyoming follow the same basic coursework for certification and training. Coursework involves taking a lecture based class followed by a hands-on practicum experience. Typically the program can be completed within one semester.
Employment Opportunities for Phlebotomists in Wyoming
Increased demand for phlebotomists in the medical field has created strong employment opportunities. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that phlebotomists earn between $13.00-$16.00 per hour nationally. In Wyoming, the average salary can vary by region but sources put it somewhere around $34,000 annually which makes it a competitive career for people to pursue.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Associate-Medical Billing and Coding
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
More Phlebotomy Classes in Wyoming
|Casper College||125 College Drive, Casper, WY 82601||http://www.caspercollege.edu/medical_lab_tech/index.html|
|Central Wyoming College||2660 Peck Avenue, Riverton, WY 82501||http://www.cwc.edu/healthcare-training|
|Northwest College||231 West 6th Street, Powell, WY 82435||http://www.northwestcollege.edu/nursing/courses/detail.dot?id=202abdf4-bcc9-474d-a021-49347a764eb7|
|Western Wyoming Community College||2500 College Drive, Rock Springs, WY 82901||http://www.wwcc.cc.wy.us/|