Many students who are interested in getting into phlebotomy are curious about the process to becoming certified. This article will show you the basics of becoming a licensed phlebotomist in Arkansas.
What Happens in Phlebotomy Training?
A phlebotomy course is a mix of scientific study and health care skills preparation. Students will spend a lot of time in the lab learning about different ways to analyze urine and blood samples. Entrants into the program should be comfortable with basic science and procedures, especially in chemistry and biology. The other portion of the course will teach students how to be effective in a health care setting. They will learn how to take blood samples, how to take vital signs, and how to manage their spaces with care.
Students should be sure to pick a program where they will have frequent access to a supervisor. This usually means choosing a program where the student to instructor ratio is low. Since the skills needed can be life saving and each skill is very important, it is crucial that students get good feedback and learn the skills well. Students in this professional education program are expected to have a high level of motivation and be comfortable with self study. Much of the material needed for the national certification exam is based on memory, so students will largely be responsible for their own success in learning the material.
Can Anyone Enter the Training?
Most interested students can enter a phlebotomy training program. However, there are a few guidelines. Students must be over 18 years old and possess a high school diploma or GED. Students need to be able to meet the physical and mental requirements of the program, which may include vision requirements. Students need to be able to pass a criminal background check. Finally, most programs and employers require individuals to have updated immunizations for several of the most common communicable diseases, including hepatitis.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Arkansas
Phlebotomy training is currently somewhat in demand in Arkansas. As populations shift, more people are moving out of the rural areas of Arkansas and into the cities. As a result, some people may be needed to staff the harder to reach areas and more rural health care offices. The starting salary for a phlebotomist in Arkansas is around $25,000, with a slightly higher salary offered in the more in demand facilities. Students graduating from a phlebotomy program can work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, laboratories, pediatric centers, and private health care institutions.
Steps to Become a Certified Phlebotomist
The process for getting into phlebotomy has a few steps. The first is to find an accredited program in the state of Arkansas. Suitable programs can be found in Little Rock, Fayetteville, Bentonville, and other major university hubs throughout the state. Next, the candidate must complete their phlebotomy training and pass for a national certification test. Once successful, the new phlebotomist has many opportunities awaiting him or her in this dynamic health care profession.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
More Phlebotomy Classes in Arkansas
|Phillips Community College||1000 Campus Rd Helena-West Helena, AR 72342,||http://www.pccua.edu/alliedhealth/Phlebotomy.htm|
|Black River Technical College||1410 Arkansas 304 E Pocahontas, AR 72455,||http://www.blackrivertech.org/prospective-students/academic-programs/phlebotomy|
|Arkansas State University - Newport||7648 Victory Blvd Newport, AR 72112,||http://www.asun.edu/programs/|
|Arkansas Northeastern College||105 S Main St Leachville, AR 72438,||http://www.anc.edu/allied_health/phlebotomy.htm|
|Arkansas State University-Mountain||1600 S College St Mountain Home, AR 72653||http://www.asumh.edu/programs/certificate-of-proficiency-in-phlebotomy-(cp).dot|
|North Arkansas College||1515 Pioneer Dr Harrison, AR 72601||http://www.northark.edu/academics_programs/degree_plans.aspx|
|Southeast Arkansas College||1900 S Hazel St Pine Bluff, AR 71603||http://18.104.22.168:8900/academics/phlebotomy.php|
|UAMS AHEC Southwest||300 E 6th St Texarkana, AR||http://ruralhealth.uams.edu/ahecsw/chrp/phleb/CourseInfo|
|National Park Community College||101 College Dr|
Hot Springs, AR
|South Arkansas Community College||300 SW Ave El Dorado, AR 71730||http://www.southark.edu/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=323&Itemid=552&lang=en|
|Petra Allied Health||2212 Malvern Ave; Hot Springs National Park, AR||http://www.petraalliedhealth.com/?page_id=114|