A comprehensive phlebotomy technician program, approved by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), is offered at Atlanta Technical College. To enter the program, students must fill out an Intent Form and can register for the PHLT 1030 course, which involves an overview of venipuncture, if they have completed the required prerequisite courses and the HOBET-V exam. Tuition is $85 per credit hour. Medtech College is another school in Atlanta offering classes and courses in phlebotomy, with detailed instruction in safe and sanitary blood draws, proper hand washing techniques and venipuncture. There is a mix of in-class and hands-on training to complete the program, which is offered on a monthly basis with both weekday and weekend schedules. Other schools outside of Atlanta include Central Georgia Technical College in Macon, Dalton State College in Dalton, Health Tech of Georgia in Robins and Georgia Piedmont Technical College in Clarkston.
Phlebotomist Salary Trends in Atlanta
Phlebotomists in Atlanta often go on to work in hospitals, laboratories, physicians’ offices, blood banks, public health clinics, pharmaceutical companies and home health care agencies. The local market is expected to grow from 10 to 20 percent in the next decade, due in large part to the fast-growing older population segment. The Bureau of Labor Statistics points out that the median pay in the U.S. for phlebotomists is 29,730 per year, with a job outlook projected to grow by 27 percent by 2020. This is faster than other occupations. The Atlanta metro area ranks as the sixth highest employment level for phlebotomy, with an hourly mean wage of $14.23 and total employment of 1,410.
- Dedicated to providing career training since 1975.
- Has 13 campus locations in Southern California and a campus in Morrow, GA.
- Provides flexible class times including weekends.
- Offers curriculum that ranges from 8 month diploma programs to 16-month Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- Has admissions professionals available to help students decide which diploma or degree program they should pursue.
- Gives job placement assistance strengthened by relationships with local employers.
- Medical Assistant (8-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (8-Month Diploma Program)
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Dental Assistant(Diploma)
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding (Diploma)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Dental Assisting
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
- Veterinary Assistant