A comprehensive phlebotomy technician program, approved by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), is offered at Atlanta Technical College. To enter the program, students must fill out an Intent Form and can register for the PHLT 1030 course, which involves an overview of venipuncture, if they have completed the required prerequisite courses and the HOBET-V exam. Tuition is $85 per credit hour. Medtech College is another school in Atlanta offering classes and courses in phlebotomy, with detailed instruction in safe and sanitary blood draws, proper hand washing techniques and venipuncture. There is a mix of in-class and hands-on training to complete the program, which is offered on a monthly basis with both weekday and weekend schedules. Other schools outside of Atlanta include Central Georgia Technical College in Macon, Dalton State College in Dalton, Health Tech of Georgia in Robins and Georgia Piedmont Technical College in Clarkston.
Phlebotomist Salary Trends in Atlanta
Phlebotomists in Atlanta often go on to work in hospitals, laboratories, physicians' offices, blood banks, public health clinics, pharmaceutical companies and home health care agencies. The local market is expected to grow from 10 to 20 percent in the next decade, due in large part to the fast-growing older population segment. The Bureau of Labor Statistics points out that the median pay in the U.S. for phlebotomists is 29,730 per year, with a job outlook projected to grow by 27 percent by 2020. This is faster than other occupations. The Atlanta metro area ranks as the sixth highest employment level for phlebotomy, with an hourly mean wage of $14.23 and total employment of 1,410.
- Keiser University Online
- Offering 100% online programs for undergraduate and graduate degrees at Keiser!
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification