In addition to attending courses in Baltimore, many major cities in Maryland offer excellent training programs in phlebotomy. Columbia, Germantown, Silver Spring, Ellicott City, Annapolis, Rockville, and Ocean City offer opportunities for phlebotomy training, as well as many other cities throughout Maryland. Students can attend courses in a variety of settings, including community college, universities, and colleges throughout the state.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Baltimore
Students who are interested in phlebotomy in Baltimore must be at least eighteen and hold a high school diploma or GED. All immunizations must be current in preparation for an internship which will involve drawing blood from patients. Coursework generally takes four months to a year. It begins with instruction in the classroom with a focus on the human anatomy, the proper procedures for blood removal, the effective treatment of patients, and use of equipment. The second portion of training involves a practicum in order to ensure that students are successful in all aspects of phlebotomy.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Baltimore
When looking for viable employment in the future, the healthcare field continues to hold great promise. The demand for phlebotomists in Baltimore is expected to grow. Students can expect an average salary of $28,000. However this figure can be as high as $36,000 depending on the position and if students have earned national certification by taking an exam.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Certificate
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Fortis Medical Assistant Program
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.