The phlebotomy training offered in Chicago varies a bit by program. But in general, students will learn what they need to know in order to be successful at collecting and analyzing human blood samples. Some of the skills that are obtained in the program include taking blood samples, taking vital signs, performing a urinalysis, analyzing samples under a microscope and with other lab equipment, and obtaining and EKG. These skills will be needed to pass the certification tests and become licensed in the state.
The courses general incorporate some reading work with hands on practice in each skill area. Students are given preparation materials for the tests they will need to take. Also, the students are given the soft skills they need to work with patients in addition to the hard skills of performing sample collection.
How Long is Phlebotomy Training Chicago?
Phlebotomy training Chicago can be completed in a matter of months. However, the length of the program should not be the only thing that determines which school a student chooses. Since the ultimate goal of the program is to be well prepared for the certification test, students need to consider how comprehensive the program is in addition to the length.
Do I need Phlebotomy Certification in Chicago?
In order to work in phlebotomy, students need to become state certified. Most of the programs of study in Chicago are accredited by the state to act as a certification board. This means that by passing the course of study at your institution, you become certified to be a phlebotomist in Illinois. Note that students must pass a rigorous assessment at the end of their training course. This includes the demonstration of techniques learned throughout the course as well as proficiency in written knowledge and soft skills. Students who don’t meet the standards of the program may be asked to take additional courses. Students also need to maintain high attendance throughout the program in order to be considered for a certificate.
How to Become a Phlebotomist in Chicago
The process for becoming a phlebotomist in Chicago is fairly straightforward. Students need to enroll in one of the many phlebotomy training programs in the city. The coursework will take several months to complete, so students need to be mentally and financially prepared to take on the program. Once the student has completed the course and successfully demonstrated his or her skills, phlebotomy certification Chicago is the final step. The effort put into this program is certainly worth it for students who want to enter the medical field in a fairly simple way.
For more information and examples of programs in Chicago, visit the following link
Northwestern College is a special place. Focused programs. Flexible schedules. Supportive faculty. Externship opportunities. But you probably know all of that. What you may not know is what’s behind it. Our history, our mission, our whole philosophy really. Simply put, it’s about preparing people well and quickly for a lifetime of opportunities.
- Medical Assisting Certificate
- Dental Assisting Certificate
- Coding Specialist Certificate
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner