The phlebotomy training offered in Chicago varies a bit by program. But in general, students will learn what they need to know in order to be successful at collecting and analyzing human blood samples. Some of the skills that are obtained in the program include taking blood samples, taking vital signs, performing a urinalysis, analyzing samples under a microscope and with other lab equipment, and obtaining and EKG. These skills will be needed to pass the certification tests and become licensed in the state.
The courses general incorporate some reading work with hands on practice in each skill area. Students are given preparation materials for the tests they will need to take. Also, the students are given the soft skills they need to work with patients in addition to the hard skills of performing sample collection.
How Long is Phlebotomy Training Chicago?
Phlebotomy training Chicago can be completed in a matter of months. However, the length of the program should not be the only thing that determines which school a student chooses. Since the ultimate goal of the program is to be well prepared for the certification test, students need to consider how comprehensive the program is in addition to the length.
Do I need Phlebotomy Certification in Chicago?
In order to work in phlebotomy, students need to become state certified. Most of the programs of study in Chicago are accredited by the state to act as a certification board. This means that by passing the course of study at your institution, you become certified to be a phlebotomist in Illinois. Note that students must pass a rigorous assessment at the end of their training course. This includes the demonstration of techniques learned throughout the course as well as proficiency in written knowledge and soft skills. Students who don’t meet the standards of the program may be asked to take additional courses. Students also need to maintain high attendance throughout the program in order to be considered for a certificate.
How to Become a Phlebotomist in Chicago
The process for becoming a phlebotomist in Chicago is fairly straightforward. Students need to enroll in one of the many phlebotomy training programs in the city. The coursework will take several months to complete, so students need to be mentally and financially prepared to take on the program. Once the student has completed the course and successfully demonstrated his or her skills, phlebotomy certification Chicago is the final step. The effort put into this program is certainly worth it for students who want to enter the medical field in a fairly simple way.
For more information and examples of programs in Chicago, visit the following link
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
Orion College is a post-secondary vocational school offering Associate Degree programs in Business Administration, Medical Assisting and Healthcare Management.. By utilizing online learning, students have the flexibility to continue their education from the convenience of their own home. Our virtual classrooms will enable students to attend classes and communicate with instructors and classmates. Students can complete some programs without leaving their current employment or sacrificing family time.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing Specialist
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)