The phlebotomy training offered in Chicago varies a bit by program. But in general, students will learn what they need to know in order to be successful at collecting and analyzing human blood samples. Some of the skills that are obtained in the program include taking blood samples, taking vital signs, performing a urinalysis, analyzing samples under a microscope and with other lab equipment, and obtaining and EKG. These skills will be needed to pass the certification tests and become licensed in the state.
The courses general incorporate some reading work with hands on practice in each skill area. Students are given preparation materials for the tests they will need to take. Also, the students are given the soft skills they need to work with patients in addition to the hard skills of performing sample collection.
How Long is Phlebotomy Training Chicago?
Phlebotomy training Chicago can be completed in a matter of months. However, the length of the program should not be the only thing that determines which school a student chooses. Since the ultimate goal of the program is to be well prepared for the certification test, students need to consider how comprehensive the program is in addition to the length.
Do I need Phlebotomy Certification in Chicago?
In order to work in phlebotomy, students need to become state certified. Most of the programs of study in Chicago are accredited by the state to act as a certification board. This means that by passing the course of study at your institution, you become certified to be a phlebotomist in Illinois. Note that students must pass a rigorous assessment at the end of their training course. This includes the demonstration of techniques learned throughout the course as well as proficiency in written knowledge and soft skills. Students who don’t meet the standards of the program may be asked to take additional courses. Students also need to maintain high attendance throughout the program in order to be considered for a certificate.
How to Become a Phlebotomist in Chicago
The process for becoming a phlebotomist in Chicago is fairly straightforward. Students need to enroll in one of the many phlebotomy training programs in the city. The coursework will take several months to complete, so students need to be mentally and financially prepared to take on the program. Once the student has completed the course and successfully demonstrated his or her skills, phlebotomy certification Chicago is the final step. The effort put into this program is certainly worth it for students who want to enter the medical field in a fairly simple way.
For more information and examples of programs in Chicago, visit the following link
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Northwestern College is a special place. Focused programs. Flexible schedules. Supportive faculty. Externship opportunities. But you probably know all of that. What you may not know is what’s behind it. Our history, our mission, our whole philosophy really. Simply put, it’s about preparing people well and quickly for a lifetime of opportunities.
- Medical Assisting Certificate
- Dental Assisting Certificate
- Coding Specialist Certificate
- And more...
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration