The phlebotomy training offered in Chicago varies a bit by program. But in general, students will learn what they need to know in order to be successful at collecting and analyzing human blood samples. Some of the skills that are obtained in the program include taking blood samples, taking vital signs, performing a urinalysis, analyzing samples under a microscope and with other lab equipment, and obtaining and EKG. These skills will be needed to pass the certification tests and become licensed in the state.
The courses general incorporate some reading work with hands on practice in each skill area. Students are given preparation materials for the tests they will need to take. Also, the students are given the soft skills they need to work with patients in addition to the hard skills of performing sample collection.
How Long is Phlebotomy Training Chicago?
Phlebotomy training Chicago can be completed in a matter of months. However, the length of the program should not be the only thing that determines which school a student chooses. Since the ultimate goal of the program is to be well prepared for the certification test, students need to consider how comprehensive the program is in addition to the length.
Do I need Phlebotomy Certification in Chicago?
In order to work in phlebotomy, students need to become state certified. Most of the programs of study in Chicago are accredited by the state to act as a certification board. This means that by passing the course of study at your institution, you become certified to be a phlebotomist in Illinois. Note that students must pass a rigorous assessment at the end of their training course. This includes the demonstration of techniques learned throughout the course as well as proficiency in written knowledge and soft skills. Students who don’t meet the standards of the program may be asked to take additional courses. Students also need to maintain high attendance throughout the program in order to be considered for a certificate.
How to Become a Phlebotomist in Chicago
The process for becoming a phlebotomist in Chicago is fairly straightforward. Students need to enroll in one of the many phlebotomy training programs in the city. The coursework will take several months to complete, so students need to be mentally and financially prepared to take on the program. Once the student has completed the course and successfully demonstrated his or her skills, phlebotomy certification Chicago is the final step. The effort put into this program is certainly worth it for students who want to enter the medical field in a fairly simple way.
For more information and examples of programs in Chicago, visit the following link
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Dental Assisting Certificate
- Medical Insurance Billing Specialist
- Veterinary Assistant
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)