Those looking to get their phlebotomy training in Colorado may become overwhelmed with the various opportunities that are offered throughout the state. The first step in getting trained as a phlebotomist in Colorado is to pick an approved program that is both affordable and well managed. Here are some of the basics for phlebotomy training in Colorado.
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in Colorado
Colorado is one of the best states for phlebotomy training because there are so many options for programs. Most of the major universities in the state offer phlebotomy training programs, but some private institutions and smaller facilities also have their own training programs. Students should be sure that any program they choose is accredited, so that they can become licensed within the state.
Any school in Colorado should teach a basic curriculum that provides students with the skills they need for a profession in phlebotomy. The skills will include managing bodily fluid samples as well as analyzing them in the lab. Students must also master some of the soft skills necessary for interacting with patients effectively. A program in phlebotomy takes a few months and prepares students to work in a variety of health care settings.
Career Outlook for Phlebotomists in Colorado
Phlebotomists and other health care professionals are currently in demand as the national health care structure continues to favor easier access to care. According to indeed.com, the average salary for a phlebotomist in Colorado is around $25000 per year. Those with more experience can expect to be paid a bit more and work in nicer facilities. Beginning phlebotomists may find their salary to be slightly less than this average. Compared to the cost of living in most parts of Colorado, the salary for a phlebotomist is manageable. Learn more about average salaries for phlebotomists across the country by visiting the following link: http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Phlebotomist-l-Colorado.html
Meeting the Requirements for Phlebotomy Certification
Students must make sure that their program meets the needs of the state certification requirements. Talking with a program official, one can find out if the program is accredited and if it provides all of the skills and training necessary to apply for certification. The national certification exam will also be a part of the process for becoming certified, so students should be sure that their institution’s graduates have a high level of success on completing this test. When done properly, a training course in phlebotomy can be an interesting few months of study that easily leads to a steady career path.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Associate-Medical Billing and Coding
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- And more...
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Dental Assistant (Grand Junction)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
More Phlebotomy Classes in Colorado
|Accent Learning Systems||1450 S. Havana #232 Aurora, CO 80012||http://www.accentlearning.com/medical/phl.html|
|Arapahoe Community College||5900 South Santa Fe Drive Littleton, CO 80120-1801||http://www.arapahoe.edu/catalog/phlebotomy-certificate.htm|
|Emily Griffith Technical College||37835 Astra Way Watkins, CO 80137||http://www.egos-school.com/health/blog-entry/20081218214252|
|Front Range Community College|| Larimer Campus-4616 S. Shields Street Fort Collins, CO 80526 ||http://www.frontrange.edu/Academics/Fields-of-Study/Phlebotomy-Certification/|
|Front Range Community College||Community Learning Center- 800 S. Taft Loveland, CO 80537||http://www.frontrange.edu/Academics/Fields-of-Study/Phlebotomy-Certification/|
|Colorado Mesa State University||1100 North Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81501-3122||http://www.coloradomesa.edu/healthsciences/PhlebotomyTechnician.html|
|Morgan Community College||920 Barlow Road Fort Morgan, CO 80701||http://www.morgancc.edu/academics/programs/#!prettyPhoto|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Centennial Campus (south)-5675 South Academy Boulevard Colorado Springs, CO 80906||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Rampart Range Campus (north) - 11195 Highway 83 Colorado Springs, CO 80921||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Falcon Campus (northeast)- 11990 Swingline Road Falcon, CO 80831||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pima Medical Institute|| Colorado Springs-3770 Citadel Drive North Colorado Springs, CO 80909||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pima Medical Institute||Denver-7475 Dakin Street Denver, CO 80221||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pueblo Community College|| Pueblo Campus- 900 W. Orman Ave Pueblo CO, 81004 ||http://www.pueblocc.edu/Academics/AreasStudy/HealthProfessions/PhlebotomyTechnician/|
|Pueblo Community College||Fremont Campus-51320 W Highway 50 Canon City, CO 81212||http://www.pueblocc.edu/Academics/AreasStudy/HealthProfessions/PhlebotomyTechnician/|
|Red Rocks Community College|| Lakewood Campus-13300 West Sixth Avenue Lakewood, CO 80228||http://www.rrcc.edu/health/phlebotomy.html|
|Red Rocks Community College||Arvada Campus-5420 Miller Street Arvada, CO 80002||http://www.rrcc.edu/health/phlebotomy.html|
|Stillwater College||4155 E Jewell Ave #316 Denver, CO 80222||http://www.stillwatercollege.net/PhlebotomyTechnician.php|