Those looking to get their phlebotomy training in Colorado may become overwhelmed with the various opportunities that are offered throughout the state. The first step in getting trained as a phlebotomist in Colorado is to pick an approved program that is both affordable and well managed. Here are some of the basics for phlebotomy training in Colorado.
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in Colorado
Colorado is one of the best states for phlebotomy training because there are so many options for programs. Most of the major universities in the state offer phlebotomy training programs, but some private institutions and smaller facilities also have their own training programs. Students should be sure that any program they choose is accredited, so that they can become licensed within the state.
Any school in Colorado should teach a basic curriculum that provides students with the skills they need for a profession in phlebotomy. The skills will include managing bodily fluid samples as well as analyzing them in the lab. Students must also master some of the soft skills necessary for interacting with patients effectively. A program in phlebotomy takes a few months and prepares students to work in a variety of health care settings.
Career Outlook for Phlebotomists in Colorado
Phlebotomists and other health care professionals are currently in demand as the national health care structure continues to favor easier access to care. According to indeed.com, the average salary for a phlebotomist in Colorado is around $25000 per year. Those with more experience can expect to be paid a bit more and work in nicer facilities. Beginning phlebotomists may find their salary to be slightly less than this average. Compared to the cost of living in most parts of Colorado, the salary for a phlebotomist is manageable. Learn more about average salaries for phlebotomists across the country by visiting the following link: http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Phlebotomist-l-Colorado.html
Meeting the Requirements for Phlebotomy Certification
Students must make sure that their program meets the needs of the state certification requirements. Talking with a program official, one can find out if the program is accredited and if it provides all of the skills and training necessary to apply for certification. The national certification exam will also be a part of the process for becoming certified, so students should be sure that their institution’s graduates have a high level of success on completing this test. When done properly, a training course in phlebotomy can be an interesting few months of study that easily leads to a steady career path.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Billing and Coding
- Degree - Medical Billing and Coding
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Associate-Medical Billing and Coding
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
- Veterinary Assistant
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
More Phlebotomy Classes in Colorado
|Accent Learning Systems||1450 S. Havana #232 Aurora, CO 80012||http://www.accentlearning.com/medical/phl.html|
|Arapahoe Community College||5900 South Santa Fe Drive Littleton, CO 80120-1801||http://www.arapahoe.edu/catalog/phlebotomy-certificate.htm|
|Emily Griffith Technical College||37835 Astra Way Watkins, CO 80137||http://www.egos-school.com/health/blog-entry/20081218214252|
|Front Range Community College|| Larimer Campus-4616 S. Shields Street Fort Collins, CO 80526 ||http://www.frontrange.edu/Academics/Fields-of-Study/Phlebotomy-Certification/|
|Front Range Community College||Community Learning Center- 800 S. Taft Loveland, CO 80537||http://www.frontrange.edu/Academics/Fields-of-Study/Phlebotomy-Certification/|
|Colorado Mesa State University||1100 North Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81501-3122||http://www.coloradomesa.edu/healthsciences/PhlebotomyTechnician.html|
|Morgan Community College||920 Barlow Road Fort Morgan, CO 80701||http://www.morgancc.edu/academics/programs/#!prettyPhoto|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Centennial Campus (south)-5675 South Academy Boulevard Colorado Springs, CO 80906||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Rampart Range Campus (north) - 11195 Highway 83 Colorado Springs, CO 80921||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Falcon Campus (northeast)- 11990 Swingline Road Falcon, CO 80831||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pima Medical Institute|| Colorado Springs-3770 Citadel Drive North Colorado Springs, CO 80909||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pima Medical Institute||Denver-7475 Dakin Street Denver, CO 80221||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pueblo Community College|| Pueblo Campus- 900 W. Orman Ave Pueblo CO, 81004 ||http://www.pueblocc.edu/Academics/AreasStudy/HealthProfessions/PhlebotomyTechnician/|
|Pueblo Community College||Fremont Campus-51320 W Highway 50 Canon City, CO 81212||http://www.pueblocc.edu/Academics/AreasStudy/HealthProfessions/PhlebotomyTechnician/|
|Red Rocks Community College|| Lakewood Campus-13300 West Sixth Avenue Lakewood, CO 80228||http://www.rrcc.edu/health/phlebotomy.html|
|Red Rocks Community College||Arvada Campus-5420 Miller Street Arvada, CO 80002||http://www.rrcc.edu/health/phlebotomy.html|
|Stillwater College||4155 E Jewell Ave #316 Denver, CO 80222||http://www.stillwatercollege.net/PhlebotomyTechnician.php|