Those looking to get their phlebotomy training in Colorado may become overwhelmed with the various opportunities that are offered throughout the state. The first step in getting trained as a phlebotomist in Colorado is to pick an approved program that is both affordable and well managed. Here are some of the basics for phlebotomy training in Colorado.
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in Colorado
Colorado is one of the best states for phlebotomy training because there are so many options for programs. Most of the major universities in the state offer phlebotomy training programs, but some private institutions and smaller facilities also have their own training programs. Students should be sure that any program they choose is accredited, so that they can become licensed within the state.
Any school in Colorado should teach a basic curriculum that provides students with the skills they need for a profession in phlebotomy. The skills will include managing bodily fluid samples as well as analyzing them in the lab. Students must also master some of the soft skills necessary for interacting with patients effectively. A program in phlebotomy takes a few months and prepares students to work in a variety of health care settings.
Career Outlook for Phlebotomists in Colorado
Phlebotomists and other health care professionals are currently in demand as the national health care structure continues to favor easier access to care. According to indeed.com, the average salary for a phlebotomist in Colorado is around $25000 per year. Those with more experience can expect to be paid a bit more and work in nicer facilities. Beginning phlebotomists may find their salary to be slightly less than this average. Compared to the cost of living in most parts of Colorado, the salary for a phlebotomist is manageable. Learn more about average salaries for phlebotomists across the country by visiting the following link: http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Phlebotomist-l-Colorado.html
Meeting the Requirements for Phlebotomy Certification
Students must make sure that their program meets the needs of the state certification requirements. Talking with a program official, one can find out if the program is accredited and if it provides all of the skills and training necessary to apply for certification. The national certification exam will also be a part of the process for becoming certified, so students should be sure that their institution’s graduates have a high level of success on completing this test. When done properly, a training course in phlebotomy can be an interesting few months of study that easily leads to a steady career path.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Medical Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Associate-Medical Billing and Coding
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
More Phlebotomy Classes in Colorado
|Accent Learning Systems||1450 S. Havana #232 Aurora, CO 80012||http://www.accentlearning.com/medical/phl.html|
|Arapahoe Community College||5900 South Santa Fe Drive Littleton, CO 80120-1801||http://www.arapahoe.edu/catalog/phlebotomy-certificate.htm|
|Emily Griffith Technical College||37835 Astra Way Watkins, CO 80137||http://www.egos-school.com/health/blog-entry/20081218214252|
|Front Range Community College|| Larimer Campus-4616 S. Shields Street Fort Collins, CO 80526 ||http://www.frontrange.edu/Academics/Fields-of-Study/Phlebotomy-Certification/|
|Front Range Community College||Community Learning Center- 800 S. Taft Loveland, CO 80537||http://www.frontrange.edu/Academics/Fields-of-Study/Phlebotomy-Certification/|
|Colorado Mesa State University||1100 North Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81501-3122||http://www.coloradomesa.edu/healthsciences/PhlebotomyTechnician.html|
|Morgan Community College||920 Barlow Road Fort Morgan, CO 80701||http://www.morgancc.edu/academics/programs/#!prettyPhoto|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Centennial Campus (south)-5675 South Academy Boulevard Colorado Springs, CO 80906||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Rampart Range Campus (north) - 11195 Highway 83 Colorado Springs, CO 80921||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Falcon Campus (northeast)- 11990 Swingline Road Falcon, CO 80831||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pima Medical Institute|| Colorado Springs-3770 Citadel Drive North Colorado Springs, CO 80909||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pima Medical Institute||Denver-7475 Dakin Street Denver, CO 80221||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pueblo Community College|| Pueblo Campus- 900 W. Orman Ave Pueblo CO, 81004 ||http://www.pueblocc.edu/Academics/AreasStudy/HealthProfessions/PhlebotomyTechnician/|
|Pueblo Community College||Fremont Campus-51320 W Highway 50 Canon City, CO 81212||http://www.pueblocc.edu/Academics/AreasStudy/HealthProfessions/PhlebotomyTechnician/|
|Red Rocks Community College|| Lakewood Campus-13300 West Sixth Avenue Lakewood, CO 80228||http://www.rrcc.edu/health/phlebotomy.html|
|Red Rocks Community College||Arvada Campus-5420 Miller Street Arvada, CO 80002||http://www.rrcc.edu/health/phlebotomy.html|
|Stillwater College||4155 E Jewell Ave #316 Denver, CO 80222||http://www.stillwatercollege.net/PhlebotomyTechnician.php|