Those looking to get their phlebotomy training in Colorado may become overwhelmed with the various opportunities that are offered throughout the state. The first step in getting trained as a phlebotomist in Colorado is to pick an approved program that is both affordable and well managed. Here are some of the basics for phlebotomy training in Colorado.
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in Colorado
Colorado is one of the best states for phlebotomy training because there are so many options for programs. Most of the major universities in the state offer phlebotomy training programs, but some private institutions and smaller facilities also have their own training programs. Students should be sure that any program they choose is accredited, so that they can become licensed within the state.
Any school in Colorado should teach a basic curriculum that provides students with the skills they need for a profession in phlebotomy. The skills will include managing bodily fluid samples as well as analyzing them in the lab. Students must also master some of the soft skills necessary for interacting with patients effectively. A program in phlebotomy takes a few months and prepares students to work in a variety of health care settings.
Career Outlook for Phlebotomists in Colorado
Phlebotomists and other health care professionals are currently in demand as the national health care structure continues to favor easier access to care. According to indeed.com, the average salary for a phlebotomist in Colorado is around $25000 per year. Those with more experience can expect to be paid a bit more and work in nicer facilities. Beginning phlebotomists may find their salary to be slightly less than this average. Compared to the cost of living in most parts of Colorado, the salary for a phlebotomist is manageable. Learn more about average salaries for phlebotomists across the country by visiting the following link: http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Phlebotomist-l-Colorado.html
Meeting the Requirements for Phlebotomy Certification
Students must make sure that their program meets the needs of the state certification requirements. Talking with a program official, one can find out if the program is accredited and if it provides all of the skills and training necessary to apply for certification. The national certification exam will also be a part of the process for becoming certified, so students should be sure that their institution’s graduates have a high level of success on completing this test. When done properly, a training course in phlebotomy can be an interesting few months of study that easily leads to a steady career path.
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Certificate-Expanded Duties Dental Assisting
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
More Phlebotomy Classes in Colorado
|Accent Learning Systems||1450 S. Havana #232 Aurora, CO 80012||http://www.accentlearning.com/medical/phl.html|
|Arapahoe Community College||5900 South Santa Fe Drive Littleton, CO 80120-1801||http://www.arapahoe.edu/catalog/phlebotomy-certificate.htm|
|Emily Griffith Technical College||37835 Astra Way Watkins, CO 80137||http://www.egos-school.com/health/blog-entry/20081218214252|
|Front Range Community College|| Larimer Campus-4616 S. Shields Street Fort Collins, CO 80526 ||http://www.frontrange.edu/Academics/Fields-of-Study/Phlebotomy-Certification/|
|Front Range Community College||Community Learning Center- 800 S. Taft Loveland, CO 80537||http://www.frontrange.edu/Academics/Fields-of-Study/Phlebotomy-Certification/|
|Colorado Mesa State University||1100 North Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81501-3122||http://www.coloradomesa.edu/healthsciences/PhlebotomyTechnician.html|
|Morgan Community College||920 Barlow Road Fort Morgan, CO 80701||http://www.morgancc.edu/academics/programs/#!prettyPhoto|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Centennial Campus (south)-5675 South Academy Boulevard Colorado Springs, CO 80906||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Rampart Range Campus (north) - 11195 Highway 83 Colorado Springs, CO 80921||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Falcon Campus (northeast)- 11990 Swingline Road Falcon, CO 80831||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pima Medical Institute|| Colorado Springs-3770 Citadel Drive North Colorado Springs, CO 80909||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pima Medical Institute||Denver-7475 Dakin Street Denver, CO 80221||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pueblo Community College|| Pueblo Campus- 900 W. Orman Ave Pueblo CO, 81004 ||http://www.pueblocc.edu/Academics/AreasStudy/HealthProfessions/PhlebotomyTechnician/|
|Pueblo Community College||Fremont Campus-51320 W Highway 50 Canon City, CO 81212||http://www.pueblocc.edu/Academics/AreasStudy/HealthProfessions/PhlebotomyTechnician/|
|Red Rocks Community College|| Lakewood Campus-13300 West Sixth Avenue Lakewood, CO 80228||http://www.rrcc.edu/health/phlebotomy.html|
|Red Rocks Community College||Arvada Campus-5420 Miller Street Arvada, CO 80002||http://www.rrcc.edu/health/phlebotomy.html|
|Stillwater College||4155 E Jewell Ave #316 Denver, CO 80222||http://www.stillwatercollege.net/PhlebotomyTechnician.php|