Within Dallas, Eastfield College required its students to provide proof of high school diploma, GED or college transcipt, along with immunizations. The certificate program is made up of two courses for phlebotomy technicians: Phlebotomy Essentials (48 clock hours of in-class training) and Phlebotomy Clinical (120 clinical hours and 110 successful blood collections within a clinical facility). Students are then eligible for the certification exam given by the American Society for Clinical Pathology. El Centro College, also in Dallas, offers a phlebotomy training program starting with Introduction to Phlebotomy. Other schools in Dallas include CCI Training Center, Hearts in Training Dallas Nurse Aide School, Richland College and Brookhaven College. Elite Medical Academy offers an eight-week course which prepares students to take and pass the National Healthcare Exam. Richland College offers a program comprised of 231 hours of in-class instruction as well as 120 hours of supervised clinical internship, with tuition of $1,655 to attend.
Phlebotomists in Dallas may pursue their career within several venues, such as hospitals, labs, blood banks, health clinics, doctors' offices, pharmaceutical companies and home health care agencies. Many work at large area hospitals, such as Baylor University Medical Center, UT Southwestern Medical Center and Medical City Dallas Hospital, all in Dallas. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary in this country for phlebotomists is 29,730 per year, with a faster-than-average job growth rate of 27 percent by 2020. Texas ranks second in highest paying phlebotomy jobs, with total employment of 7,040 and an annual mean wage of $27,800. The hourly mean wage for that area is $13.37.
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AS in Medical Assisting
- AS in Medical Assisting with X-Ray Tech (Limited Scope)
- Diploma in Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
WELCOME TO PURDUE UNIVERSITY GLOBAL
World-Class Education Tailored for Working Adults
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience tailored for working adults.
- BS in Health and Wellness
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist