Within Dallas, Eastfield College required its students to provide proof of high school diploma, GED or college transcipt, along with immunizations. The certificate program is made up of two courses for phlebotomy technicians: Phlebotomy Essentials (48 clock hours of in-class training) and Phlebotomy Clinical (120 clinical hours and 110 successful blood collections within a clinical facility). Students are then eligible for the certification exam given by the American Society for Clinical Pathology. El Centro College, also in Dallas, offers a phlebotomy training program starting with Introduction to Phlebotomy. Other schools in Dallas include CCI Training Center, Hearts in Training Dallas Nurse Aide School, Richland College and Brookhaven College. Elite Medical Academy offers an eight-week course which prepares students to take and pass the National Healthcare Exam. Richland College offers a program comprised of 231 hours of in-class instruction as well as 120 hours of supervised clinical internship, with tuition of $1,655 to attend.
Phlebotomists in Dallas may pursue their career within several venues, such as hospitals, labs, blood banks, health clinics, doctors’ offices, pharmaceutical companies and home health care agencies. Many work at large area hospitals, such as Baylor University Medical Center, UT Southwestern Medical Center and Medical City Dallas Hospital, all in Dallas. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary in this country for phlebotomists is 29,730 per year, with a faster-than-average job growth rate of 27 percent by 2020. Texas ranks second in highest paying phlebotomy jobs, with total employment of 7,040 and an annual mean wage of $27,800. The hourly mean wage for that area is $13.37.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.