Phlebotomists are professionals who draw blood for a wide variety of reasons, including transfusions, blood donations, research or medical tests. Typically, phlebotomists enter this occupation with a postsecondary non-degree certificate from a phlebotomy program. There are many community colleges, technical schools and vocational schools in Delaware that offer a phlebotomy program. Most phlebotomy training programs can be completed in less than two months.
Phlebotomy schools in Delaware include both a didactic component and a clinical component. Classroom instruction generally takes at least 40 hours, and the clinical component requires a practicum in a real healthcare setting, such as a hospital or medical center. Today, schools use venipuncture training models with four or two veins of different sizes for teaching phlebotomy. These lifelike models include palpable veins embedded into the semi-transparent model. With this type of hands-on instruction, students are better prepared for the clinical component of the phlebotomy training curriculum.
Phlebotomy training schools in Delaware that follow the standards of the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute require a minimum of 100 unaided blood specimen collections, including both capillary and venipuncture collections. Upon completion of the phlebotomy program, students are eligible to take the national certification examination administered by the American Medical Technologists, American Society for Clinical Pathology and the American Credentialing Agency organizations.
Job Outlook, Work Environment and Salary for Phlebotomists in Delaware
Phlebotomists work mainly in doctor’s offices, medical and diagnostic laboratories, hospitals and blood donor centers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the job outlook is positive for these professionals. Employment is projected to grow 27 percent through 2022. Blood analysis is an essential function in hospitals and many other medical venues. As doctors and other allied healthcare professionals will need blood work for diagnosis and analysis, the demand for phlebotomists will remain strong.
The BLS also reports that the median annual salary for phlebotomists in May 2012 was $29,000. The low 10 percent earned less than $21,000, and the top 10 percent earned over $40,000. Most phlebotomists are employed full time in this field. Those who work in hospitals are typically expected to work weekends and nights.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
More Phlebotomy Classes in Delaware
|Dawn Career Institute||3700 Lancaster Pike, Wilmington, DE 19805||http://www.dawncareerinstitute.edu/phlebotomy_technician|
|Delaware Technical Community College||Terry Campus- 100 Campus Drive Dover, DE 19904||https://www.dtcc.edu/|
|Tri-State Technical School||106 E. Market Street, Laurel, DE19956||http://www.tristatetechnicalschool.com/|
|3707 N Market St Wilmington, DE 19802||http://www.explore-schools.com/form/cdm/?campaign_id=12540351|
|Columbus State Community College||5100 Cornerstone Dr, Delaware, OH 43015||http://www.cscc.edu/academics/departments/phlebotomy/|
|Harris School of Business||97 Commerce Way #105 Dover, DE 19904||http://www.trade-schools.net/harris-school-of-business/default.asp|
|Harris School of Business||1413 Foulk Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803||http://www.trade-schools.net/harris-school-of-business/default.asp|
|CAMTECH||563 N Hall St Seaford, DE 19973,||http://www.camtechedu.com/index.html|