Phlebotomists are professionals who draw blood for a wide variety of reasons, including transfusions, blood donations, research or medical tests. Typically, phlebotomists enter this occupation with a postsecondary non-degree certificate from a phlebotomy program. There are many community colleges, technical schools and vocational schools in Delaware that offer a phlebotomy program. Most phlebotomy training programs can be completed in less than two months.
Phlebotomy schools in Delaware include both a didactic component and a clinical component. Classroom instruction generally takes at least 40 hours, and the clinical component requires a practicum in a real healthcare setting, such as a hospital or medical center. Today, schools use venipuncture training models with four or two veins of different sizes for teaching phlebotomy. These lifelike models include palpable veins embedded into the semi-transparent model. With this type of hands-on instruction, students are better prepared for the clinical component of the phlebotomy training curriculum.
Phlebotomy training schools in Delaware that follow the standards of the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute require a minimum of 100 unaided blood specimen collections, including both capillary and venipuncture collections. Upon completion of the phlebotomy program, students are eligible to take the national certification examination administered by the American Medical Technologists, American Society for Clinical Pathology and the American Credentialing Agency organizations.
Job Outlook, Work Environment and Salary for Phlebotomists in Delaware
Phlebotomists work mainly in doctor’s offices, medical and diagnostic laboratories, hospitals and blood donor centers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the job outlook is positive for these professionals. Employment is projected to grow 27 percent through 2022. Blood analysis is an essential function in hospitals and many other medical venues. As doctors and other allied healthcare professionals will need blood work for diagnosis and analysis, the demand for phlebotomists will remain strong.
The BLS also reports that the median annual salary for phlebotomists in May 2012 was $29,000. The low 10 percent earned less than $21,000, and the top 10 percent earned over $40,000. Most phlebotomists are employed full time in this field. Those who work in hospitals are typically expected to work weekends and nights.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Mental Health and Wellness Emphasis in Community Health Administration
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
More Phlebotomy Classes in Delaware
|Dawn Career Institute||3700 Lancaster Pike, Wilmington, DE 19805||http://www.dawncareerinstitute.edu/phlebotomy_technician|
|Delaware Technical Community College||Terry Campus- 100 Campus Drive Dover, DE 19904||https://www.dtcc.edu/|
|Tri-State Technical School||106 E. Market Street, Laurel, DE19956||http://www.tristatetechnicalschool.com/|
|3707 N Market St Wilmington, DE 19802||http://www.explore-schools.com/form/cdm/?campaign_id=12540351|
|Columbus State Community College||5100 Cornerstone Dr, Delaware, OH 43015||http://www.cscc.edu/academics/departments/phlebotomy/|
|Harris School of Business||97 Commerce Way #105 Dover, DE 19904||http://www.trade-schools.net/harris-school-of-business/default.asp|
|Harris School of Business||1413 Foulk Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803||http://www.trade-schools.net/harris-school-of-business/default.asp|
|CAMTECH||563 N Hall St Seaford, DE 19973,||http://www.camtechedu.com/index.html|