Phlebotomists are professionals who draw blood for a wide variety of reasons, including transfusions, blood donations, research or medical tests. Typically, phlebotomists enter this occupation with a postsecondary non-degree certificate from a phlebotomy program. There are many community colleges, technical schools and vocational schools in Delaware that offer a phlebotomy program. Most phlebotomy training programs can be completed in less than two months.
Phlebotomy schools in Delaware include both a didactic component and a clinical component. Classroom instruction generally takes at least 40 hours, and the clinical component requires a practicum in a real healthcare setting, such as a hospital or medical center. Today, schools use venipuncture training models with four or two veins of different sizes for teaching phlebotomy. These lifelike models include palpable veins embedded into the semi-transparent model. With this type of hands-on instruction, students are better prepared for the clinical component of the phlebotomy training curriculum.
Phlebotomy training schools in Delaware that follow the standards of the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute require a minimum of 100 unaided blood specimen collections, including both capillary and venipuncture collections. Upon completion of the phlebotomy program, students are eligible to take the national certification examination administered by the American Medical Technologists, American Society for Clinical Pathology and the American Credentialing Agency organizations.
Job Outlook, Work Environment and Salary for Phlebotomists in Delaware
Phlebotomists work mainly in doctor’s offices, medical and diagnostic laboratories, hospitals and blood donor centers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the job outlook is positive for these professionals. Employment is projected to grow 27 percent through 2022. Blood analysis is an essential function in hospitals and many other medical venues. As doctors and other allied healthcare professionals will need blood work for diagnosis and analysis, the demand for phlebotomists will remain strong.
The BLS also reports that the median annual salary for phlebotomists in May 2012 was $29,000. The low 10 percent earned less than $21,000, and the top 10 percent earned over $40,000. Most phlebotomists are employed full time in this field. Those who work in hospitals are typically expected to work weekends and nights.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding Administrator
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
More Phlebotomy Classes in Delaware
|Dawn Career Institute||3700 Lancaster Pike, Wilmington, DE 19805||http://www.dawncareerinstitute.edu/phlebotomy_technician|
|Delaware Technical Community College||Terry Campus- 100 Campus Drive Dover, DE 19904||https://www.dtcc.edu/|
|Tri-State Technical School||106 E. Market Street, Laurel, DE19956||http://www.tristatetechnicalschool.com/|
|3707 N Market St Wilmington, DE 19802||http://www.explore-schools.com/form/cdm/?campaign_id=12540351|
|Columbus State Community College||5100 Cornerstone Dr, Delaware, OH 43015||http://www.cscc.edu/academics/departments/phlebotomy/|
|Harris School of Business||97 Commerce Way #105 Dover, DE 19904||http://www.trade-schools.net/harris-school-of-business/default.asp|
|Harris School of Business||1413 Foulk Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803||http://www.trade-schools.net/harris-school-of-business/default.asp|
|CAMTECH||563 N Hall St Seaford, DE 19973,||http://www.camtechedu.com/index.html|