List of major cities which offer Phlebotomy Training in Fresno
In addition to through the academic program mentioned above, aspiring phlebotomists can also complete their training in the nearby cities of San Jose, San Francisco, or Los Angeles, where there are many more institutions offering academic programs in this area. Other academic programs that interested individuals can consider include studies in pharmacy technology, nursing, and radiology technology. The Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts offers its phlebotomy technician program at its campuses in San Mateo, Modesto, and Concord in addition to Fresno.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Fresno
Training in phlebotomy typically requires a student to demonstrate proficiency in subjects like physiology, anatomy, and medical terminology. Those who are successful in phlebotomy programs generally have some strength in the sciences and are capable of successfully carrying out laboratory procedures. Students must also become CPR certified and gain a thorough understanding of the circulatory system.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Fresno jobs
Individuals working as phlebotomists in Fresno can typically earn a salary of around $27,000. However, those who are just starting out in the profession will usually not make much money at the outset of their phlebotomy careers. A typical starting salary for a phlebotomist might be as little as $20,000. Yet there are many opportunities for those looking for work as a phelbotomist, with the industry suspected to grow around 10 percent through the year 2018. Phlebotomists can expect regular raises throughout their careers, and the knowledge acquired during training to become a phlebotomist can be bridged over toward advanced training in another area of medicine or medical technology.
- Dedicated to providing career training since 1975.
- Has 13 campus locations in Southern California and a campus in Morrow, GA.
- Provides flexible class times including weekends.
- Offers curriculum that ranges from 8 month diploma programs to 16-month Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- Has admissions professionals available to help students decide which diploma or degree program they should pursue.
- Gives job placement assistance strengthened by relationships with local employers.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Pharmacy Technician (11-Month Diploma Program)
- And more...
- Medical Assisting
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- And more...
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Degree - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assistant
- And more...
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Dental Assistant
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
- Respiratory Therapy
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration