List of major cities which offer Phlebotomy Training in Fresno
In addition to through the academic program mentioned above, aspiring phlebotomists can also complete their training in the nearby cities of San Jose, San Francisco, or Los Angeles, where there are many more institutions offering academic programs in this area. Other academic programs that interested individuals can consider include studies in pharmacy technology, nursing, and radiology technology. The Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts offers its phlebotomy technician program at its campuses in San Mateo, Modesto, and Concord in addition to Fresno.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Fresno
Training in phlebotomy typically requires a student to demonstrate proficiency in subjects like physiology, anatomy, and medical terminology. Those who are successful in phlebotomy programs generally have some strength in the sciences and are capable of successfully carrying out laboratory procedures. Students must also become CPR certified and gain a thorough understanding of the circulatory system.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Fresno jobs
Individuals working as phlebotomists in Fresno can typically earn a salary of around $27,000. However, those who are just starting out in the profession will usually not make much money at the outset of their phlebotomy careers. A typical starting salary for a phlebotomist might be as little as $20,000. Yet there are many opportunities for those looking for work as a phelbotomist, with the industry suspected to grow around 10 percent through the year 2018. Phlebotomists can expect regular raises throughout their careers, and the knowledge acquired during training to become a phlebotomist can be bridged over toward advanced training in another area of medicine or medical technology.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
At UEI College and United Education Institute, our supportive faculty and staff are committed to helping you build a life and a future you can be proud of! We have dedicated financial aid representatives who will meet with you one-on one-to help you explore your payment options. Tutoring is available for when you need extra help and once it’s time to look for jobs, a dedicated career services representative will help you with your resume, interview skills and employer connections!
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Pharmacy Technician (11-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification