In Houston, there are many colleges designed to give comprehensive phlebotomy training. Avalon Medical Career Academy offers day and night courses that last eight weeks and 16 weeks, respectively. Students can take the state certification exam upon completion of the course. Tuition is $650. Houston Community College offers a two-pronged approach to its program, featuring a 96-hour course on basic phlebotomy skills coupled with a Phlebotomy Clinical course that lasts 120 hours of hands-on experience. Other schools in Houston include Lone Star College System at 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive, Pima Medical Institute at 10201 Katy Freeway, Pro Med Seminars (two-day training certification), San Jacinto College, Smithwood Medical Institute, Texas Southern University and the City of Houston Health and Human Services Division.
Phlebotomists in Houston can expect a better than average job growth projection. The Bureau of Labor Statistics says this occupation should grow by 27 percent by the year 2020. Students have a plethora of job opportunities, whether in medical centers, labs, blood donor banks, health clinics, home health care agencies, doctors' offices or pharmaceutical companies. The median salary for U.S. phlebotomists is about $30,000 per year and Texas ranks number two as far as highest paying phlebotomy jobs go, employing a total of 7,040. The annual mean wage is $27,800, with an hourly mean wage of $13.37.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
At Florida Career College, our supportive faculty and staff are committed to helping you build a life and a future you can be proud of! We have dedicated financial aid representatives who will meet with you one-on one-to help you explore your payment options. Tutoring is available for when you need extra help and once it’s time to look for jobs, a dedicated career services representative will help you with your resume, interview skills and employer connections!
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month Diploma Program)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification