When you have decided that you want a professional job in the medical field, there are many different types of careers that you could choose depending on the amount of training and the salary that you are looking for. A phlebotomist is someone who is needed in every area of the medical field. They draw the blood for therapeutic treatment as ordered by a physician in a doctor’s offices, hospitals and clinics.
Today, the state of Kansas has a strong economy with the unemployment rate well below the national average. In the past five years, the need for Phlebotomists has grown and will continue to grow nationwide as well as other medical jobs. A male or female who is properly trained would be able to find work quickly after graduation
Opportunities for a Career in Phlebotomy in Kansas
Throughout Kansas, the starting salary is $29,000 – $33,000, so a graduating student would be earning a good salary right out of school. And, because Kansas has a low cost of living that salary would go even farther. Phlebotomy training is a great skill to have whether you are starting a career in the medical community or you want to become certified as an addition to your present medical position. Phlebotomy is also a career that allows people to use their skills helping people every day.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training
The training to become a Phlebotomist focuses on the skills required for the daily job. Certification is necessary to work as a Phlebotomist in Kansas and that is achieved by passing the state examination through the Board of Registry. Six credit hours of education along with adequate clinical studies comprise the total training, and then the examination for certification can be scheduled.
The basic classes include anatomy and physiology of the vascular system, venipuncture and the capillary puncture techniques. These courses emphasize the basic techniques and equipment that is used on a daily basis by a Phlebotomist. Medical and legal issues are addressed and appropriate interpersonal skills with patients are covered. Fees are typically comprehensive, and they can be paid either by the student or a supporter.
A Thriving and Rewarding Career
Phlebotomy is a growing career in the medical field, and for those who are trained, a rewarding career lies ahead for those who successfully graduate. Jobs in phlebotomy allow those who have been well-trained to demonstrate their skills and use their natural sense of compassion with the people they work with everyday. Gaining experience in the field, a phlebotomist is able to progress in the field and earn an increasing salary as well as a well-earned reputation.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
- Medical Office Assistant
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration