When you have decided that you want a professional job in the medical field, there are many different types of careers that you could choose depending on the amount of training and the salary that you are looking for. A phlebotomist is someone who is needed in every area of the medical field. They draw the blood for therapeutic treatment as ordered by a physician in a doctor’s offices, hospitals and clinics.
Today, the state of Kansas has a strong economy with the unemployment rate well below the national average. In the past five years, the need for Phlebotomists has grown and will continue to grow nationwide as well as other medical jobs. A male or female who is properly trained would be able to find work quickly after graduation
Opportunities for a Career in Phlebotomy in Kansas
Throughout Kansas, the starting salary is $29,000 – $33,000, so a graduating student would be earning a good salary right out of school. And, because Kansas has a low cost of living that salary would go even farther. Phlebotomy training is a great skill to have whether you are starting a career in the medical community or you want to become certified as an addition to your present medical position. Phlebotomy is also a career that allows people to use their skills helping people every day.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training
The training to become a Phlebotomist focuses on the skills required for the daily job. Certification is necessary to work as a Phlebotomist in Kansas and that is achieved by passing the state examination through the Board of Registry. Six credit hours of education along with adequate clinical studies comprise the total training, and then the examination for certification can be scheduled.
The basic classes include anatomy and physiology of the vascular system, venipuncture and the capillary puncture techniques. These courses emphasize the basic techniques and equipment that is used on a daily basis by a Phlebotomist. Medical and legal issues are addressed and appropriate interpersonal skills with patients are covered. Fees are typically comprehensive, and they can be paid either by the student or a supporter.
A Thriving and Rewarding Career
Phlebotomy is a growing career in the medical field, and for those who are trained, a rewarding career lies ahead for those who successfully graduate. Jobs in phlebotomy allow those who have been well-trained to demonstrate their skills and use their natural sense of compassion with the people they work with everyday. Gaining experience in the field, a phlebotomist is able to progress in the field and earn an increasing salary as well as a well-earned reputation.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management