When you have decided that you want a professional job in the medical field, there are many different types of careers that you could choose depending on the amount of training and the salary that you are looking for. A phlebotomist is someone who is needed in every area of the medical field. They draw the blood for therapeutic treatment as ordered by a physician in a doctor’s offices, hospitals and clinics.
Today, the state of Kansas has a strong economy with the unemployment rate well below the national average. In the past five years, the need for Phlebotomists has grown and will continue to grow nationwide as well as other medical jobs. A male or female who is properly trained would be able to find work quickly after graduation
Opportunities for a Career in Phlebotomy in Kansas
Throughout Kansas, the starting salary is $29,000 – $33,000, so a graduating student would be earning a good salary right out of school. And, because Kansas has a low cost of living that salary would go even farther. Phlebotomy training is a great skill to have whether you are starting a career in the medical community or you want to become certified as an addition to your present medical position. Phlebotomy is also a career that allows people to use their skills helping people every day.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training
The training to become a Phlebotomist focuses on the skills required for the daily job. Certification is necessary to work as a Phlebotomist in Kansas and that is achieved by passing the state examination through the Board of Registry. Six credit hours of education along with adequate clinical studies comprise the total training, and then the examination for certification can be scheduled.
The basic classes include anatomy and physiology of the vascular system, venipuncture and the capillary puncture techniques. These courses emphasize the basic techniques and equipment that is used on a daily basis by a Phlebotomist. Medical and legal issues are addressed and appropriate interpersonal skills with patients are covered. Fees are typically comprehensive, and they can be paid either by the student or a supporter.
A Thriving and Rewarding Career
Phlebotomy is a growing career in the medical field, and for those who are trained, a rewarding career lies ahead for those who successfully graduate. Jobs in phlebotomy allow those who have been well-trained to demonstrate their skills and use their natural sense of compassion with the people they work with everyday. Gaining experience in the field, a phlebotomist is able to progress in the field and earn an increasing salary as well as a well-earned reputation.
- It's never too late for a fresh start. With programs ranging from business administration to HVAC technology, there's an opportunity for you at Bryan University to transform your skills into a career.
- At Bryan University, you'll have access to career services including practice interviews, resume prep, job referrals, and career development classes that can help you along your path to success.
- Here at BU, we supply you with the tools to succeed including access to one of largest online content repositories in the world, so you can use research to gain industry insight.
- With a degree from Bryan University, you'll receive personalized instruction from experienced faculty, course scheduling that fits your life, and career and academic resources to help you succeed.
- Campus locations include Columbia, Rogers, Springfield and Topeka as well as online. Experience the flexibility and hands-on training Bryan University offers and take a step toward your career today!
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice