When you have decided that you want a professional job in the medical field, there are many different types of careers that you could choose depending on the amount of training and the salary that you are looking for. A phlebotomist is someone who is needed in every area of the medical field. They draw the blood for therapeutic treatment as ordered by a physician in a doctor’s offices, hospitals and clinics.
Today, the state of Kansas has a strong economy with the unemployment rate well below the national average. In the past five years, the need for Phlebotomists has grown and will continue to grow nationwide as well as other medical jobs. A male or female who is properly trained would be able to find work quickly after graduation
Opportunities for a Career in Phlebotomy in Kansas
Throughout Kansas, the starting salary is $29,000 – $33,000, so a graduating student would be earning a good salary right out of school. And, because Kansas has a low cost of living that salary would go even farther. Phlebotomy training is a great skill to have whether you are starting a career in the medical community or you want to become certified as an addition to your present medical position. Phlebotomy is also a career that allows people to use their skills helping people every day.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training
The training to become a Phlebotomist focuses on the skills required for the daily job. Certification is necessary to work as a Phlebotomist in Kansas and that is achieved by passing the state examination through the Board of Registry. Six credit hours of education along with adequate clinical studies comprise the total training, and then the examination for certification can be scheduled.
The basic classes include anatomy and physiology of the vascular system, venipuncture and the capillary puncture techniques. These courses emphasize the basic techniques and equipment that is used on a daily basis by a Phlebotomist. Medical and legal issues are addressed and appropriate interpersonal skills with patients are covered. Fees are typically comprehensive, and they can be paid either by the student or a supporter.
A Thriving and Rewarding Career
Phlebotomy is a growing career in the medical field, and for those who are trained, a rewarding career lies ahead for those who successfully graduate. Jobs in phlebotomy allow those who have been well-trained to demonstrate their skills and use their natural sense of compassion with the people they work with everyday. Gaining experience in the field, a phlebotomist is able to progress in the field and earn an increasing salary as well as a well-earned reputation.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
- Medical Billing Specialist
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...