Major Cities Offering Phlebotomy Training in Nevada
Many major cities offer phlebotomy training opportunities in Nevada. In addition to Las Vegas, Henderson, Reno, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Sparks, and Carson City name only a few, but smaller towns offer courses in phlebotomy as well. Prospective students can take courses in a variety of settings, including community colleges, colleges, and universities.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Traning in Las Vegas
Nevada requires phlebotomy students to follow specific requirements in order to be licensed by the state and these same requirements must be fulfilled regardless of city. Las Vegas students must be at least 18. They must have a high school diploma or its equivalency. Students must pass a physical examiniation, including a drug test. They must be up to date on vaccinations and be tested for tuberculosis to ensure that they are healthy and will not endanger their patients, nor be endangered by exposure to a healthcare setting. Students must take coursework about human anatomy, the process of giving blood, and how to successfully help patients during the procedure. Phlebotomists must be competent in the use of all equipment involved in drawing blood as well. Once coursework is successfully completed, their studies will culminate in a clinical session. They must pass exams and finally apply for their license.
Outlook for Phlebotomists in Las Vegas
The healthcare field is booming and shows no signs of stopping. There are good prospects for work in phlebotomy in Las Vegas with an average salary ranging from $22000 to $28000.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Utah College of Massage Therapy, that career can be yours.
Massage therapy is a flexible and rewarding career in which you not only take care of others – you also take care of yourself! You can work in a resort spa, cruise ship, medical office, sports clinic, destination spa, or a day spa close to home. You can even start your own private practice!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Mental Health and Wellness Emphasis in Community Health Administration
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health