It’s a great time to start a career as a phlebotomist. With increasing elderly care, The job market outlook for phlebotomists is very promising over the next several years. The average phlebotomist in Maine earns an annual salary of $29,000. Certification and licensure is not required to become a phlebotomist in the state of Maine; however most employers will require completed training at an accredited phlebotomy program. All programs require students to pass a medical exam, get a hepatitis vaccination, and have an updated tuberculosis screening before participating in the clinical practice portion of the program.
The advantage of completing phlebotomy training programs is the valuable experience gained in drawing blood, working one-on-one with patients, and learning proper procedures for handling collected blood specimens. The major cities of Maine offer many phlebotomy training programs options to choose from.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
More Phlebotomy Classes in Maine
|Central Maine Community College||1250 Turner Street Auburn, ME 04210||http://www.cmcc.edu/training/FY10_11_Matrix_080111.asp|
|Crooked River Adult and Community Education Center||1437 Poland Spring Rd. MSAD 61 & 72 Casco, ME 04015||http://crookedriver.maineadulted.org/courses/course/phlebotomy_technician|
|Eastern Maine Community College||354 Hogan Road Bangor, ME 04401||http://www.emcc.edu/?attachment_id=7856|
|Helping Hands Trade School||PO Box 93 Waterville, ME 04903-0093||http://www.helpinghandstradeschool.com/courses.html|
|Helping Hands Trade School||571 Sabattus St., Suite 2 Lewiston, ME 04240||http://www.helpinghandstradeschool.com/courses.html|
|Northeast Technical Institute||Scarborough Campus and Corporate Headquarters-51 U.S. Route 1, Suite K Scarborough, ME 04074||http://www.ntinow.edu/programs-health-Phlebotomy-EKG-Tech|
|Northeast Technical Institute||Bangor Campus- 1010 Stillwater Ave Bangor, ME 04401||http://www.ntinow.edu/programs-health-Phlebotomy-EKG-Tech|
|York County Community College||112 College Drive, Wells, ME 04090-5341||http://www.yccc.edu/CECT/Certificates/Phlebotomy|
|Kennebec Valley Community College||92 Western Avenue Fairfield, ME 04937||http://www.kvcc.me.edu/Pages/Phlebotomy/Phlebotomy-Home|
|Kaplan university||265 Western Ave South Portland, ME 04106||http://www.kaplanuniversity.edu/south-portland-maine.aspx|
|Seacoast career school||1 Eagle Dr, Sanford, ME 04073,||http://www.seacoastcareerschools.edu/|
|Intercoast Colleges||207 Gannett Dr,Portland, ME||http://www.intercoast.edu/|
|Intercoast Colleges||207 Gannett Dr,Portland, ME||http://www.intercoast.edu/|