Prospective students who are interested in obtaining phlebotomy training in Maryland have many factors to consider. First, obtaining certification in phlebotomy is the initial step in obtaining employment in the field as well as earning a higher starting salary for the position. Phlebotomists can expect to find jobs in doctor’s offices, hospitals, labs, or clinics once they have earned certification.
Getting Accepted into a Phlebotomy Certification Maryland Program
While most certification or training programs do not have prerequisite classes, there are some basic requirements that students must meet before they can enroll. Students must have earned either a high school diploma or a GED to be considered for this type of medical program. Students must also pass a drug test and pass a criminal background check. Once these requirements are met, students are free to enroll.
Learning the Basics of Phlebotomy
Phlebotomy training in MD begins with class work. Before students are allowed to draw blood from patients, they must study the following topics: medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, infection control, and legal issues. Students must also learn about diseases and basic lab testing. Other topics of study include techniques of blood drawing, collection of specimen, and skin puncturing. This coursework must be successfully completed before students are allowed to begin the next portion of the phlebotomy training MD program.
Another integral part of any phlebotomy training in Maryland will be the hands-on practice that students need. During this phase of the certification program, students will practice drawing blood during training exercises. The initial training exercises do not involve human beings. Instead, students practice on artificial limbs to gain experience. Once students have gained enough practical experience, they will be allowed to draw blood from actual patients. Some phlebotomy training MD programs require students to complete internships in clinical settings to gain further experience.
Other Areas of Study
Students enrolled in phlebotomy training in MD will learn more than just medical basics and blood drawing techniques. Good phlebotomy programs prepare students to work in real world medical settings. Students will learn the importance of keeping accurate medical records on the job. Additionally, students will be taught to interact with patients. This training includes how to be empathetic and compassionate with patients.
Phlebotomy Training in Baltimore, MD
There are many options when it comes to phlebotomy training in Baltimore. Some programs are offered in an accelerated format and can be completed in just a matter of weeks. Other programs, especially when taken on a part-time basis, take longer to complete. Some schools even offer online phlebotomy programs for students who wish to learn in an online format.
Students who are considering phlebotomy training in Maryland should recognize the positive job outlook for this particular profession. Phlebotomists are always in demand. Once phlebotomy certification Maryland is earned, students can choose between part-time and full-time work in a variety of settings. The starting salary for a phlebotomist professional is high enough to make this job opportunity worthwhile for students interested in the medical field.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Clinical Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
More Phlebotomy Classes in Maryland
|Allegany College of Maryland||Cumberland Campus-12401 Willowbrook Road Cumberland, MD 21502||http://www.allegany.edu/x268.xml|
|Allied Health, LLC||2500 N. Rolling Road Windsor Mill, MD 21244 Suite 202||http://www.bahtc.com/APA%20Registration%20List.html|
|Anne Arundel Community College||101 College Parkway Arnold, MD 21012-1895||http://www.aacc.edu/medicalassisting/mda_phlebotomy.cfm|
|Carroll Community College||1601 Washington Road Westminster, MD 21157||http://www.carrollcc.edu/courses/noncredit/career/Certificate%20Programs/phlebotomytech.asp|
|Chesapeake College||P.O. Box 8 Wye Mills, MD 21679||http://www.chesapeake.edu/alliedhealth/phlebotomy/|
|College of Southern Maryland||8730 Mitchell Road PO Box 910 La Plata, MD 20646-0910||http://www.csmd.edu/CareerStarters/PhlebotomyTech.html|
|Fortis College||4351 Garden City Drive Landover, MD 20785||http://www.fortis.edu/continue-education/phlebotomy-certification/4351-garden-city-drive-landover-md.aspx|
|Frederick Community College||7932 Opposumtown Pike Frederick, MD 21702||http://www.frederick.edu/courses_and_programs/ce_alliedhealth.aspx#|
|Hagerstown Community College||11400 Robinwood Drive Hagerstown, MD 21742||http://www.hagerstowncc.edu/academics/programs/phlebotomy|
|Harford Community College||401 Thomas Run Road Bel Air, MD||http://www.harford.edu/Schedule/U_noncrweb.asp?FA=ContEd&SelectionType=4&GroupChoice=PB|
|Kaplan University||18618 Crestwood Drive Hagerstown, MD 21742||http://www.kaplanuniversity.edu/health-sciences/phlebotomist-certifiate.aspx|
|Montgomery College||Takoma Park/ Silver Spring Campus Health Sciences Institute 7977 Georgia Avenue Silver Spring, MD 20910||http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/wdce/hsi/entrylevel.html|
|Prince George’s Community College||301 Largo Road Largo, MD 20774-2199||http://www.pgcc.edu/Programs_and_Courses/Noncredit/Noncredit_Program_Detail.aspx?id=6442462795|
|Stein Academy||600 Reisterstown Rd Baltimore, MD 21208||http://steinacademy.com/ind_pag.php?id=22|
|Wor-Wic Community College||32000 Campus Drive Salisbury, MD 21804||http://www.worwic.edu/Search.aspx?Query=phlebotomy|
|Doctor’s Help||Southern MD-Gateway East Medical Building-6188 Oxon Hill Road National Harbor, MD 20745||http://doctorshelp.org/Workshop_Training.html|
|Doctor’s Help||Baltimore- Saint Agnes Hospital Medical Center-3455 Wilkens Ave Baltimore, MD 21229||http://doctorshelp.org/Workshop_Training.html|