List of Phlebotomy Schools near Massachusetts
- Encompasses the Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England brands.
- Lincoln schools made more than $15 million available nationally through scholarships to qualified students in 2015.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media; offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- First Lincoln Tech campus opened in 1946; now 30 campuses in 15 states across the United States.
- Campuses are accredited by the ACICS, ACCSC, ABHES, and NEASC
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Medical Administrative Billing and Coding, AS (Online)
- Certificate - Medical Assisting
- Associate - Medical Assisting
- Medical Office
- And more...
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical college offering over 30 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in Technical Career Education in southern New England, New England Tech is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years.
- AS - Clinical Medical Assistant
- AS - Animal and Veterinary Management
- AS - Respiratory Care Technology
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- And more...
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
- Veterinary Assistant
Working as a Phlebotomist in MassachussettsAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are 2,800 phlebotomists working in the state of Massachusetts and the median average wage for this job is $36,000. While there is presently no law that requires phlebotomy certification in Massachusetts, it is still a good idea for an individual to get properly trained and certified. A bill requiring such licensing has been introduced and should licensure become a requirement, certification will be an important factor in the phlebotomist's ability to find work.
What Phlebotomists DoThe most common method of drawing blood is called "venipuncture." Venipuncture involves using a needle to find the patient's vein in order to collect blood. This is one of the main skills of the phlebotomist.
• A phlebotomist must be able to
• Correctly identify a patient before drawing blood
• Draw the correct amount of blood using venipuncture and other techniques
• Correctly label the specimens they collect
• Effectively communicate with patients as well as with their coworkers
• Use a computer to keep phlebotomy-related records
• Adhere to OSHA regulations
Phlebotomists must be able to understand medical terminology such as instructions from a doctor on how much blood to draw and the type of vial they must use. Most phlebotomy courses will offer students the option of taking a national examination to become certified. Some phlebotomy programs include training on how to use an EKG machine.
Phlebotomy Training in MassachusettsA phlebotomy training course will include both classroom and clinical sessions. The clinical part of the course will include training on how to draw blood using mannequins, fellow students or actual patients. There are many training programs open to those who wish to become phlebotomists. Prerequisites for a Massachusetts phlebotomy course are typically:
• That they be at least 18 years old
• A diploma from a high school or a GED
• A clean background record
• Good English speaking skills
• The ability to write at an 8th grade level
• The ability to pass a health exam
• An understanding of basic computer applications
A typical phlebotomy training course will consist of topics such as:
• Anatomy related to the body's circulatory system
• Patient safety and confidentiality regarding patient information
• Safety procedures related to blood borne pathogens
• Venipuncture and the complications that may arise from the procedure
• Control of infection
• Interaction with patients
• How to process specimens
In addition to providing valuable training for phlebotomists, a phlebotomy training course is helpful for those who are already in other medical professions; for example, phlebotomy is a requirement for nurses and nursing aides.
More Phlebotomy Classes in Massachusetts
|American Red Cross||2000 Century Drive Worcester, MA 01606||http://www.redcross.org/ma/worcester/take-a-class/health-care-training/phlebotomy-ekg-training|
|Bunker Hill Community College||250 New Rutherford Avenue Boston, MA 02129-2925||http://www.bhcc.mass.edu/inside/89?programID=46&year=2005|
|Coastal Career Academy||288 Plymouth Ave Fall River, MA 02721||http://www.coastalcareeracademy.com/Courses-Offered.html|
|Health Care Training Services||657 Quarry Street Fall River, MA 02723||http://www.hctschool.com/course_PhlebotomyTechnician.html|
|MassBay Community College||19 Flagg Drive Framingham, MA 01702-5928||http://www.massbay.edu/Academics/Health-Sciences/Degree---Certificate-Programs.aspx|
|Medical Professional Institute||380 Pleasant Street Malden, MA 02148||http://mpi.edu/programs/phlebotomy-ekg-program/|
|Middlesex Community College||Lowell Campus- 33 Kearney Square Lowell, MA 01852||http://catalog.middlesex.mass.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=4&poid=364&returnto=317|
|Mount Wachusett Community College||444 Green Street Gardner, MA 01440||http://mwcc.edu/catalog/degrees-certificates/phlebotomy-certificate-of-completion-plb/|
|North Shore Technical College||30 Log Bridge Road Middleton, MA 01940||http://www.nsths.net/adulted/index.php?option=com_redevent&view=details&id=23%3Aphlebotomist-training&xref=24|
|Norhtheast Metropolitan Community Education||100 Hemlock Road Wakefield, MA 01880||http://www.neadulted.com/registration/online-registration/event/288/Phlebotomy-Training---Thursdays.html|
|Phlebotomy and EKG Training Program||38 11th Avenue Haverhill, MA 01830||http://keystrokestudios.com/www.phlebekg.com/About.html|
|Quincy College||1250 Hancock Street Quincy Center, MA 02169||http://quincycollege.edu/index.php/academic-divisions/natural_health_sciences/#trig6|
|South Coast Training LLC.||69 Main Street Fairhaven, MA 02719||http://www.southcoasttraining.com/Forms.aspx|
|Springfield Technical Community College||One Armory Square Suite 16/131 Springfield, MA 01102-9000||http://www.stcc.edu/wd/descriptions/zall-008.asp|
|Northeast Technical Institute||Haverhill Campus-191 Merrimack Street Suite 201 Haverhill, MA 01830||http://www.nti-school-info.com/phlebotomy-ekg.html|
|Northeast Technical Institute||Methuen Campus- 55 Hampshire Road Methuen, MA 01844||http://www.nti-school-info.com/phlebotomy-ekg.html|
|Northern Essex Community College||Haverhill Campus- 100 Elliott Street Haverhill, MA 01830||http://www.necc.mass.edu/academics/courses-programs/areas/health/phlebotomy/|
|Northern Essex Community College||Lawrence Campus- 45 Franklin Street and 52 Franklin Street Lawrence, MA 01840||http://www.necc.mass.edu/academics/courses-programs/areas/health/phlebotomy/|
|Northern Essex Community College||Riverwalk Campus- 360 Merrimack Street Lawrence, MA 01843||http://www.necc.mass.edu/academics/courses-programs/areas/health/phlebotomy/|
|Health Training Center||Attleboro Campus- 451 Elm Street North Attleboro, MA 02760||http://www.healthtrainingcenter.com/program-descriptions|
|Health Training Center||Cambridge Campus- 358 Broadway Cambridge, MA 02139||http://www.healthtrainingcenter.com/program-descriptions|
|Health Training Center||Chelmsford Campus- 296 Chelmsford Street Chelmsford, MA 01824||http://www.healthtrainingcenter.com/program-descriptions|
|Health Training Center||Framingham Campus- 1671 Worcester Rd Framingham, MA 01701||http://www.healthtrainingcenter.com/program-descriptions|
|Massasoit Community College||Brockton Campus-One Massasoit Blvd. Brockton, MA 02302||http://www.massasoit.mass.edu/acad_depts/certs/phlebot_ih.cfm|
|Massasoit Community College||Canton Campus-900 Randolph Street Canton, MA 02021-1372||http://www.massasoit.mass.edu/acad_depts/certs/phlebot_ih.cfm|