Phlebotomy Classes in Miami
Miami-Dade College at 950 NW 20 Street offers a phlebotomy program on its medical campus to prepare students in the science of drawing blood by venipuncture as well as capillary puncture. Students learn how to take blood specimens, how to properly label them, and how to transport them to the laboratory. Classes take just one semester to complete.
Another school in Miami offering a degree and certification in phlebotomy is the Florida Medical Training Institute on 7902 NW 36 Street. This is a dual-certification course in both phlebotomy and EKG tech, involving two parts to the course followed by a 120-hour externship. Other Miami schools include Genesis Vocational Institute, CBT College, Life-Line Med Training and Nursing Unlimited.
Phlebotomy Salary in Miami
The median annual wage for phlebotomists in the United States is $29,730, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The state of Florida has the third highest employment level for phlebotomy, with an annual mean wage of $27,310. Job growth in this industry is expected to grow by 27 percent by 2020, which is much faster than the average occupation in the U.S. Many hospitals, blood donor programs, medical centers, labs and doctors’ offices in Miami looking for qualified phlebotomists require not only a post-secondary award from a reputable phlebotomy program but also certification and licensure.
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
- Further Your Career with a Billing and Coding Diploma from Fortis!
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Respiratory Therapy
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.