Phlebotomy Classes in Miami
Miami-Dade College at 950 NW 20 Street offers a phlebotomy program on its medical campus to prepare students in the science of drawing blood by venipuncture as well as capillary puncture. Students learn how to take blood specimens, how to properly label them, and how to transport them to the laboratory. Classes take just one semester to complete.
Another school in Miami offering a degree and certification in phlebotomy is the Florida Medical Training Institute on 7902 NW 36 Street. This is a dual-certification course in both phlebotomy and EKG tech, involving two parts to the course followed by a 120-hour externship. Other Miami schools include Genesis Vocational Institute, CBT College, Life-Line Med Training and Nursing Unlimited.
Phlebotomy Salary in Miami
The median annual wage for phlebotomists in the United States is $29,730, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The state of Florida has the third highest employment level for phlebotomy, with an annual mean wage of $27,310. Job growth in this industry is expected to grow by 27 percent by 2020, which is much faster than the average occupation in the U.S. Many hospitals, blood donor programs, medical centers, labs and doctors’ offices in Miami looking for qualified phlebotomists require not only a post-secondary award from a reputable phlebotomy program but also certification and licensure.
- Has specialized in career training since 1982.
- Offers beginning to advanced training in computer repair, medical assisting, cosmetology, nursing, and more.
- Continually maintains programs according to industry needs by working closely with industry experts and employers.
- Provides well-equipped training facilities to give students the advantage of hands-on training.
- Its instructors attend seminars and workshops to keep current with new technology and topics.
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assistant Technician - Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Associate Degree
- Medical Assisting
- Veterinary Technician
- Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
CBT College has a vast variety of degrees that cater to any individual’s interest or schedule. Choose to complete your degree from our School of Business, School of Technology, School of Allied Health, School of Modern Arts or the School of Languages. Our applied teaching approach and hands on training, prepare students to become dominant figures in the global marketplace.
- Medical Coding & Billing
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics