Phlebotomy training opens the door to some of the most rewarding health care careers in Michigan. Learn to perform dialysis and assist Cardiologists by studying to become a phlebotomy technician. A rewarding and lucrative career, phlebotomists are necessary in almost every sector of health care and can find work easily in Michigan. There are training centers in all of the major cities in Michigan, including Detroit, Dearborn, Garden City, and Ypsilanti. Phlebotomy is the perfect career choice for people who want to help people in the medical field and learn an important technical skill.
Phlebotomy is the process of drawing blood from a patient. This process is necessary to perform many kinds of tests and procedures that can range from standard screening tests to life saving medical procedures. A qualified phlebotomist is capable of many technical medical tasks such as drawing blood, running many kinds of tests, and performing dialysis.Phlebotomists are also often necessary for assisting Cardiologists, liver and kidney specialists, and registered nurses.
Phlebotomy training in Michigan is designed to be accessible and get you into a high paying and personally rewarding career as soon as possible. Michigan’s Licensed Proprietary Schools offer accelerated short term training through many of Michigan’s community colleges. The Michigan Economic Development Corporations can assist you with accelerated/short term training opportunities.
Phlebotomy Certification in Michigan
The certification process for phlebotomists in Michigan is rigorous and offers quality first hand training. Qualified phlebotomists are trained in DNA testing, lab and outpatient requests, and data input. A world of great careers opens up to students who become certified phlebotomists in Michigan. Certified phlebotomists have very high job placement rates and upward mobility through experience, continuing education, and administrative promotion.
Michigan classifies many phlebotomy careers as public health jobs, which means that they are highly regarded and classified by the Association of Schools of Public Health. You can be certified as a phlebotomy technician at many of Michigan’s licensed proprietary schools. These schools also offer a variety of trainings that will aid your career as a certified phlebotomy technician.
The personal rewards for becoming a certified phlebotomy technician are numerous, life affirming, and valuable to society.Public health workers improve a communities quality of life and life expectancy. Public health workers are looked up to and respected as leaders in their communities, and can become advocates for the improvement of Michigan’s health on a holistic level. Phlebotomy technicians save people’s lives and improve the life of their patients dramatically, particularly those who suffer from blood or liver illnesses.
Phlebotomy Certification in Michigan can be your next great career move.It is a fast and accessible way to enter the job market with strong credentials and a wide variety of valuable and positive skills. Michigan needs public health workers, and the job market for a certified phlebotomy technician is large and growing. Public health has never been more important than it is today, and it will grow more important as American society and population ages. Start your phlebotomy training in Michigan today.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Available programs include A.S. in Medical Assisting, A.S. in Occupational Therapy Assistant, and A.S. in Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Program topics include communication skills, administration & clinical procedures, medical terminology, and medical law and ethics.
- Health & Medical Assistant programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Public Health (BS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- And more...
More Phlebotomy Classes in Michigan
|Delta College||1961 Delta Road University Center, MI 48710||http://www.delta.edu/lifelonglearningcontent/health/phlebotomy.aspx#.UPNajWH9GM0|
|Glen Oaks Community College||62249 Shimmel Road Centreville, MI 49032||http://www.glenoaks.edu/currentstudents/academics/pages/degreesprograms.aspx|
|Grand Rapids Community College||622 Godfrey SW Grand Rapids, MI 49503||https://learning.grcc.edu/ec2k/CourseListing.asp?master_id=728&course_area=CEGH&course_number=160&course_subtitle=00|
|Kellogg Community College||450 North Avenue Battle Creek, MI 49017||http://www.kellogg.edu/lifelong/lifelongsched/careerscert.html|
|Lansing Community College||3100-Community Health and Nursing Department P.O. Box 40010 Lansing, MI 48901-7210||http://www.lcc.edu/nursing/chse/curriculum/|
|MedRight Inc.,||32500 Concord Drive 2nd Floor East Suite 201 Madison Heights, MI 48071||http://www.medright.org/phlebotomy.html|
|Mid Michigan Community College||1375 S. Clare Ave. Harrison, MI 48625||http://www.midmich.edu/?gid=2&sid=111&pid=264|
|Mott Community College||1401 East Court Street Flint, MI 48503||http://www.mcc.edu/programs_courses/prog_guide.php?programid=PBTY4|
|Muskegon Community College||221 S. Quarterline Muskegon, MI 49442||http://www.healthedtoday.com/Splash-Page/Muskegon-Community-College|
|North Central Michigan College||1515 Howard Street Petoskey, MI 49770||http://www.ncmich.edu/allied.html|
|Oakland Community College||2480 Opdyke Road Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304||http://www.oaklandcc.edu/Catalog/Programs/Programs/M/MDA.PHT.CA.aspx?zoom_highlight=phlebotomy|
|Phlebotomy Career Training||28050 Ford Road, Suite C Garden City, MI 48135-2967||http://phlebotomycareertraining.com/|
|Schoolcraft College||18600 Haggerty Road Livonia MI, 48152||http://www.schoolcraft.edu/courses/default.asp?Dept=MA&CourseNum=110|
|Southwestern Michigan College||58900 Cherry Grove Road Dowagiac MI, 49047||http://www.swmich.edu/academics/degrees|
|Washtenaw Community College||4800 E. Huron River Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48105-4800||http://www.wccnet.edu/lifelong-learning/browse/view/category/nursing-health-care/page/2/|
|Wayne County Community College||5901 Conner Street Detroit MI, 48213||http://www.wcccd.edu/academic/academic_programs.htm|
|Monroe County Community College||Main Campus-1555 S. Rainsville Rd. Monroe, MI 48161||http://www.monroeccc.edu/health_sciences/phlebotomy.htm|
|Monroe County Community College||Whitman Center-7777 Lewis Avenue Temperance, MI 48182||http://www.monroeccc.edu/health_sciences/phlebotomy.htm|
|Davenport University||Battle Creek Campus- 200 West Van Buren St Battle Creek, MI 49017 ||http://www.davenport.edu/programs/health-professions/diploma/phlebotomy-diploma|
|Davenport University||Flint Campus-4318 Miller Road Flint, MI 48507||http://www.davenport.edu/programs/health-professions/diploma/phlebotomy-diploma|
|Davenport University||Livonia Campus- 19499 Victor Parkway Livonia, MI 48152||http://www.davenport.edu/programs/health-professions/diploma/phlebotomy-diploma|
|Baker College||Auburn Hills-1500 University Drive Auburn Hills, MI 48326||http://www.baker.edu/programs/detail/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Baker College||Owosso- 1020 South Washington Street Owosso, MI 48867||http://www.baker.edu/programs/detail/phlebotomy-technician/|
|American Red Cross||Detroit- 2115 Woodward Ave Detroit, MI 48201||http://188.8.131.52/phlebotomy|
|American Red Cross||Riverview- 20950 Grange Rd. Riverview, MI 48193||http://184.108.40.206/phlebotomy|
|American Red Cross||Livonia- 20319 Middlebelt Rd. Livonia, MI 48152||http://220.127.116.11/phlebotomy|