Phlebotomy training opens the door to some of the most rewarding health care careers in Michigan. Learn to perform dialysis and assist Cardiologists by studying to become a phlebotomy technician. A rewarding and lucrative career, phlebotomists are necessary in almost every sector of health care and can find work easily in Michigan. There are training centers in all of the major cities in Michigan, including Detroit, Dearborn, Garden City, and Ypsilanti. Phlebotomy is the perfect career choice for people who want to help people in the medical field and learn an important technical skill.
Phlebotomy is the process of drawing blood from a patient. This process is necessary to perform many kinds of tests and procedures that can range from standard screening tests to life saving medical procedures. A qualified phlebotomist is capable of many technical medical tasks such as drawing blood, running many kinds of tests, and performing dialysis.Phlebotomists are also often necessary for assisting Cardiologists, liver and kidney specialists, and registered nurses.
Phlebotomy training in Michigan is designed to be accessible and get you into a high paying and personally rewarding career as soon as possible. Michigan’s Licensed Proprietary Schools offer accelerated short term training through many of Michigan’s community colleges. The Michigan Economic Development Corporations can assist you with accelerated/short term training opportunities.
Phlebotomy Certification in Michigan
The certification process for phlebotomists in Michigan is rigorous and offers quality first hand training. Qualified phlebotomists are trained in DNA testing, lab and outpatient requests, and data input. A world of great careers opens up to students who become certified phlebotomists in Michigan. Certified phlebotomists have very high job placement rates and upward mobility through experience, continuing education, and administrative promotion.
Michigan classifies many phlebotomy careers as public health jobs, which means that they are highly regarded and classified by the Association of Schools of Public Health. You can be certified as a phlebotomy technician at many of Michigan’s licensed proprietary schools. These schools also offer a variety of trainings that will aid your career as a certified phlebotomy technician.
The personal rewards for becoming a certified phlebotomy technician are numerous, life affirming, and valuable to society.Public health workers improve a communities quality of life and life expectancy. Public health workers are looked up to and respected as leaders in their communities, and can become advocates for the improvement of Michigan’s health on a holistic level. Phlebotomy technicians save people’s lives and improve the life of their patients dramatically, particularly those who suffer from blood or liver illnesses.
Phlebotomy Certification in Michigan can be your next great career move.It is a fast and accessible way to enter the job market with strong credentials and a wide variety of valuable and positive skills. Michigan needs public health workers, and the job market for a certified phlebotomy technician is large and growing. Public health has never been more important than it is today, and it will grow more important as American society and population ages. Start your phlebotomy training in Michigan today.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Medical Administrative Assistant (Diploma)
- Patient Care Technician (Diploma)
- And more...
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Administration (AAS)
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Available programs include A.S. in Medical Assisting, A.S. in Occupational Therapy Assistant, and A.S. in Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Program topics include communication skills, administration & clinical procedures, medical terminology, and medical law and ethics.
- Health & Medical Assistant programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Public Health (BS)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
More Phlebotomy Classes in Michigan
|Delta College||1961 Delta Road University Center, MI 48710||http://www.delta.edu/lifelonglearningcontent/health/phlebotomy.aspx#.UPNajWH9GM0|
|Glen Oaks Community College||62249 Shimmel Road Centreville, MI 49032||http://www.glenoaks.edu/currentstudents/academics/pages/degreesprograms.aspx|
|Grand Rapids Community College||622 Godfrey SW Grand Rapids, MI 49503||https://learning.grcc.edu/ec2k/CourseListing.asp?master_id=728&course_area=CEGH&course_number=160&course_subtitle=00|
|Kellogg Community College||450 North Avenue Battle Creek, MI 49017||http://www.kellogg.edu/lifelong/lifelongsched/careerscert.html|
|Lansing Community College||3100-Community Health and Nursing Department P.O. Box 40010 Lansing, MI 48901-7210||http://www.lcc.edu/nursing/chse/curriculum/|
|MedRight Inc.,||32500 Concord Drive 2nd Floor East Suite 201 Madison Heights, MI 48071||http://www.medright.org/phlebotomy.html|
|Mid Michigan Community College||1375 S. Clare Ave. Harrison, MI 48625||http://www.midmich.edu/?gid=2&sid=111&pid=264|
|Mott Community College||1401 East Court Street Flint, MI 48503||http://www.mcc.edu/programs_courses/prog_guide.php?programid=PBTY4|
|Muskegon Community College||221 S. Quarterline Muskegon, MI 49442||http://www.healthedtoday.com/Splash-Page/Muskegon-Community-College|
|North Central Michigan College||1515 Howard Street Petoskey, MI 49770||http://www.ncmich.edu/allied.html|
|Oakland Community College||2480 Opdyke Road Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304||http://www.oaklandcc.edu/Catalog/Programs/Programs/M/MDA.PHT.CA.aspx?zoom_highlight=phlebotomy|
|Phlebotomy Career Training||28050 Ford Road, Suite C Garden City, MI 48135-2967||http://phlebotomycareertraining.com/|
|Schoolcraft College||18600 Haggerty Road Livonia MI, 48152||http://www.schoolcraft.edu/courses/default.asp?Dept=MA&CourseNum=110|
|Southwestern Michigan College||58900 Cherry Grove Road Dowagiac MI, 49047||http://www.swmich.edu/academics/degrees|
|Washtenaw Community College||4800 E. Huron River Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48105-4800||http://www.wccnet.edu/lifelong-learning/browse/view/category/nursing-health-care/page/2/|
|Wayne County Community College||5901 Conner Street Detroit MI, 48213||http://www.wcccd.edu/academic/academic_programs.htm|
|Monroe County Community College||Main Campus-1555 S. Rainsville Rd. Monroe, MI 48161||http://www.monroeccc.edu/health_sciences/phlebotomy.htm|
|Monroe County Community College||Whitman Center-7777 Lewis Avenue Temperance, MI 48182||http://www.monroeccc.edu/health_sciences/phlebotomy.htm|
|Davenport University||Battle Creek Campus- 200 West Van Buren St Battle Creek, MI 49017 ||http://www.davenport.edu/programs/health-professions/diploma/phlebotomy-diploma|
|Davenport University||Flint Campus-4318 Miller Road Flint, MI 48507||http://www.davenport.edu/programs/health-professions/diploma/phlebotomy-diploma|
|Davenport University||Livonia Campus- 19499 Victor Parkway Livonia, MI 48152||http://www.davenport.edu/programs/health-professions/diploma/phlebotomy-diploma|
|Baker College||Auburn Hills-1500 University Drive Auburn Hills, MI 48326||http://www.baker.edu/programs/detail/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Baker College||Owosso- 1020 South Washington Street Owosso, MI 48867||http://www.baker.edu/programs/detail/phlebotomy-technician/|
|American Red Cross||Detroit- 2115 Woodward Ave Detroit, MI 48201||http://22.214.171.124/phlebotomy|
|American Red Cross||Riverview- 20950 Grange Rd. Riverview, MI 48193||http://126.96.36.199/phlebotomy|
|American Red Cross||Livonia- 20319 Middlebelt Rd. Livonia, MI 48152||http://188.8.131.52/phlebotomy|