Phlebotomy training opens the door to some of the most rewarding health care careers in Michigan. Learn to perform dialysis and assist Cardiologists by studying to become a phlebotomy technician. A rewarding and lucrative career, phlebotomists are necessary in almost every sector of health care and can find work easily in Michigan. There are training centers in all of the major cities in Michigan, including Detroit, Dearborn, Garden City, and Ypsilanti. Phlebotomy is the perfect career choice for people who want to help people in the medical field and learn an important technical skill.
Phlebotomy is the process of drawing blood from a patient. This process is necessary to perform many kinds of tests and procedures that can range from standard screening tests to life saving medical procedures. A qualified phlebotomist is capable of many technical medical tasks such as drawing blood, running many kinds of tests, and performing dialysis.Phlebotomists are also often necessary for assisting Cardiologists, liver and kidney specialists, and registered nurses.
Phlebotomy training in Michigan is designed to be accessible and get you into a high paying and personally rewarding career as soon as possible. Michigan’s Licensed Proprietary Schools offer accelerated short term training through many of Michigan’s community colleges. The Michigan Economic Development Corporations can assist you with accelerated/short term training opportunities.
Phlebotomy Certification in Michigan
The certification process for phlebotomists in Michigan is rigorous and offers quality first hand training. Qualified phlebotomists are trained in DNA testing, lab and outpatient requests, and data input. A world of great careers opens up to students who become certified phlebotomists in Michigan. Certified phlebotomists have very high job placement rates and upward mobility through experience, continuing education, and administrative promotion.
Michigan classifies many phlebotomy careers as public health jobs, which means that they are highly regarded and classified by the Association of Schools of Public Health. You can be certified as a phlebotomy technician at many of Michigan’s licensed proprietary schools. These schools also offer a variety of trainings that will aid your career as a certified phlebotomy technician.
The personal rewards for becoming a certified phlebotomy technician are numerous, life affirming, and valuable to society.Public health workers improve a communities quality of life and life expectancy. Public health workers are looked up to and respected as leaders in their communities, and can become advocates for the improvement of Michigan’s health on a holistic level. Phlebotomy technicians save people’s lives and improve the life of their patients dramatically, particularly those who suffer from blood or liver illnesses.
Phlebotomy Certification in Michigan can be your next great career move.It is a fast and accessible way to enter the job market with strong credentials and a wide variety of valuable and positive skills. Michigan needs public health workers, and the job market for a certified phlebotomy technician is large and growing. Public health has never been more important than it is today, and it will grow more important as American society and population ages. Start your phlebotomy training in Michigan today.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Administration (AAS)
- Medical Billing & Coding
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- And more...
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Brenau Adult and Graduate Studies: Designed with You in Mind
If you are a busy, working adult, Brenau offers professionally focused undergraduate and graduate degrees and professional certification programs in flexible, convenient formats that meet your goals and fit your schedule. Brenau has a rich history of 135 years, with more than 35 years of experience in delivering programs for adults. As a Brenau student, you can schedule your classes in a format that is convenient to you. Many of our programs can be completed 100% online.
- Health Care Management (M.B.A.) Online
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
More Phlebotomy Classes in Michigan
|Delta College||1961 Delta Road University Center, MI 48710||http://www.delta.edu/lifelonglearningcontent/health/phlebotomy.aspx#.UPNajWH9GM0|
|Glen Oaks Community College||62249 Shimmel Road Centreville, MI 49032||http://www.glenoaks.edu/currentstudents/academics/pages/degreesprograms.aspx|
|Grand Rapids Community College||622 Godfrey SW Grand Rapids, MI 49503||https://learning.grcc.edu/ec2k/CourseListing.asp?master_id=728&course_area=CEGH&course_number=160&course_subtitle=00|
|Kellogg Community College||450 North Avenue Battle Creek, MI 49017||http://www.kellogg.edu/lifelong/lifelongsched/careerscert.html|
|Lansing Community College||3100-Community Health and Nursing Department P.O. Box 40010 Lansing, MI 48901-7210||http://www.lcc.edu/nursing/chse/curriculum/|
|MedRight Inc.,||32500 Concord Drive 2nd Floor East Suite 201 Madison Heights, MI 48071||http://www.medright.org/phlebotomy.html|
|Mid Michigan Community College||1375 S. Clare Ave. Harrison, MI 48625||http://www.midmich.edu/?gid=2&sid=111&pid=264|
|Mott Community College||1401 East Court Street Flint, MI 48503||http://www.mcc.edu/programs_courses/prog_guide.php?programid=PBTY4|
|Muskegon Community College||221 S. Quarterline Muskegon, MI 49442||http://www.healthedtoday.com/Splash-Page/Muskegon-Community-College|
|North Central Michigan College||1515 Howard Street Petoskey, MI 49770||http://www.ncmich.edu/allied.html|
|Oakland Community College||2480 Opdyke Road Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304||http://www.oaklandcc.edu/Catalog/Programs/Programs/M/MDA.PHT.CA.aspx?zoom_highlight=phlebotomy|
|Phlebotomy Career Training||28050 Ford Road, Suite C Garden City, MI 48135-2967||http://phlebotomycareertraining.com/|
|Schoolcraft College||18600 Haggerty Road Livonia MI, 48152||http://www.schoolcraft.edu/courses/default.asp?Dept=MA&CourseNum=110|
|Southwestern Michigan College||58900 Cherry Grove Road Dowagiac MI, 49047||http://www.swmich.edu/academics/degrees|
|Washtenaw Community College||4800 E. Huron River Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48105-4800||http://www.wccnet.edu/lifelong-learning/browse/view/category/nursing-health-care/page/2/|
|Wayne County Community College||5901 Conner Street Detroit MI, 48213||http://www.wcccd.edu/academic/academic_programs.htm|
|Monroe County Community College||Main Campus-1555 S. Rainsville Rd. Monroe, MI 48161||http://www.monroeccc.edu/health_sciences/phlebotomy.htm|
|Monroe County Community College||Whitman Center-7777 Lewis Avenue Temperance, MI 48182||http://www.monroeccc.edu/health_sciences/phlebotomy.htm|
|Davenport University||Battle Creek Campus- 200 West Van Buren St Battle Creek, MI 49017 ||http://www.davenport.edu/programs/health-professions/diploma/phlebotomy-diploma|
|Davenport University||Flint Campus-4318 Miller Road Flint, MI 48507||http://www.davenport.edu/programs/health-professions/diploma/phlebotomy-diploma|
|Davenport University||Livonia Campus- 19499 Victor Parkway Livonia, MI 48152||http://www.davenport.edu/programs/health-professions/diploma/phlebotomy-diploma|
|Baker College||Auburn Hills-1500 University Drive Auburn Hills, MI 48326||http://www.baker.edu/programs/detail/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Baker College||Owosso- 1020 South Washington Street Owosso, MI 48867||http://www.baker.edu/programs/detail/phlebotomy-technician/|
|American Red Cross||Detroit- 2115 Woodward Ave Detroit, MI 48201||http://188.8.131.52/phlebotomy|
|American Red Cross||Riverview- 20950 Grange Rd. Riverview, MI 48193||http://184.108.40.206/phlebotomy|
|American Red Cross||Livonia- 20319 Middlebelt Rd. Livonia, MI 48152||http://220.127.116.11/phlebotomy|