What Does Phlebotomy Training in Mississippi Involve?For those who are interested in phlebotomy in Mississippi, they will need adequate training to perform their job with skill. Coursework involves instruction and clinical experience and is best through a program that is backed by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science. Upon completion of a program, graduates will be certified to perform phlebotomy in the state of Mississippi. A thorough understanding of venipuncture, or the cutting of a vein, will be acquired through coursework. The course of study could take anywhere from half a year to a year. Students can expect to focus on anatomy, proper use of equipment, the proper technique for venipuncture, steps to prepare a patient, how to reduce the risk of infection, and caring for the patient. It is essential that students successfully perform venipuncture a specified number of times during clinical practice.
What are the Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Mississippi?In order to become a phlebotomist in Mississippi, students must be at least eighteen years of age. They must be up to date on all necessary immunizations. A high school diploma or its equivalent is necessary. In addition, training locations are likely to do a criminal background check. Many locations will ask for recommendations and an essay explaining why individuals want to pursue a career in phlebotomy.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in MississippiProspects are good in the state of Mississippi when it comes to phlebotomy. Healthcare is in demand across the nation and shows no signs of slowing. On average, a phlebotomist can expect to make at least $35,000 per year. This figure can vary according to experience, training, and location. Larger cities and more affluent areas tend to mean a larger salary while wages are generally lower in more rural locations. Students should be prepared to relocate to areas with the best prospects in Mississippi upon completion of phlebotomy training. They should be prepared to be flexible and work their way up the ladder. Time and quality performance will pay off.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Veterinary Assistant
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant
- AS - Medical Office Administration
- And more...
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
More Phlebotomy Classes in Mississippi
|Coahoma Community College||3240 Friars Point Road Clarksdale, MS 38614||http://www.coahomacc.edu/healthsciences/phlebotemy/index.php|
|Hinds Community College||PO Box1100 Raymond, MS 39154||http://www.hindscc.edu/Departments/health_related_professions/ShortTerm.aspx|
|Meridian Community College||910 Hwy 19 N Meridian, MS 39307||http://www.meridiancc.edu/workforce_development/medical_related_education/phlebotomy.htm|
|Mississippi Delta Community College||PO Box 668 Hwy 3 &Cherry St. Moorhead, MS 38761||http://www.msdelta.edu/mdcc/health_sciences/phlebotomy/index.html|
|Pine Belt Education Center||923 Sawmill Road Laurel, MS 39440||http://www.jones.k12.ms.us/pbec/programs.html|
|East Mississippi Community College||Main Campus-1512 Kemper Street PO Box 158 Scooba, MS 39358||http://www.eastms.edu/workforce2/WF-classes-training/WF-medical/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|East Mississippi Community College||Golden Triangle-8731 South Frontage Road PO Box 100 Mayhew, MS 39753||http://www.eastms.edu/workforce2/WF-classes-training/WF-medical/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Perkinston Campus-PO Box 548 (ground address 51 Main St) Perkinston, MS 39573||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Jackson County Campus-PO Box 100 (ground address 2300 Highway 90) Gautier, MS 39553||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Jefferson Davis Campus- 2226 Switzer Rd. Gulfport, MS 39507||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Community Campus-10298 Express Dr. Gulfport, MS 39503||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|