What Does Phlebotomy Training in Mississippi Involve?For those who are interested in phlebotomy in Mississippi, they will need adequate training to perform their job with skill. Coursework involves instruction and clinical experience and is best through a program that is backed by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science. Upon completion of a program, graduates will be certified to perform phlebotomy in the state of Mississippi. A thorough understanding of venipuncture, or the cutting of a vein, will be acquired through coursework. The course of study could take anywhere from half a year to a year. Students can expect to focus on anatomy, proper use of equipment, the proper technique for venipuncture, steps to prepare a patient, how to reduce the risk of infection, and caring for the patient. It is essential that students successfully perform venipuncture a specified number of times during clinical practice.
What are the Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Mississippi?In order to become a phlebotomist in Mississippi, students must be at least eighteen years of age. They must be up to date on all necessary immunizations. A high school diploma or its equivalent is necessary. In addition, training locations are likely to do a criminal background check. Many locations will ask for recommendations and an essay explaining why individuals want to pursue a career in phlebotomy.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in MississippiProspects are good in the state of Mississippi when it comes to phlebotomy. Healthcare is in demand across the nation and shows no signs of slowing. On average, a phlebotomist can expect to make at least $35,000 per year. This figure can vary according to experience, training, and location. Larger cities and more affluent areas tend to mean a larger salary while wages are generally lower in more rural locations. Students should be prepared to relocate to areas with the best prospects in Mississippi upon completion of phlebotomy training. They should be prepared to be flexible and work their way up the ladder. Time and quality performance will pay off.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
More Phlebotomy Classes in Mississippi
|Coahoma Community College||3240 Friars Point Road Clarksdale, MS 38614||http://www.coahomacc.edu/healthsciences/phlebotemy/index.php|
|Hinds Community College||PO Box1100 Raymond, MS 39154||http://www.hindscc.edu/Departments/health_related_professions/ShortTerm.aspx|
|Meridian Community College||910 Hwy 19 N Meridian, MS 39307||http://www.meridiancc.edu/workforce_development/medical_related_education/phlebotomy.htm|
|Mississippi Delta Community College||PO Box 668 Hwy 3 &Cherry St. Moorhead, MS 38761||http://www.msdelta.edu/mdcc/health_sciences/phlebotomy/index.html|
|Pine Belt Education Center||923 Sawmill Road Laurel, MS 39440||http://www.jones.k12.ms.us/pbec/programs.html|
|East Mississippi Community College||Main Campus-1512 Kemper Street PO Box 158 Scooba, MS 39358||http://www.eastms.edu/workforce2/WF-classes-training/WF-medical/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|East Mississippi Community College||Golden Triangle-8731 South Frontage Road PO Box 100 Mayhew, MS 39753||http://www.eastms.edu/workforce2/WF-classes-training/WF-medical/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Perkinston Campus-PO Box 548 (ground address 51 Main St) Perkinston, MS 39573||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Jackson County Campus-PO Box 100 (ground address 2300 Highway 90) Gautier, MS 39553||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Jefferson Davis Campus- 2226 Switzer Rd. Gulfport, MS 39507||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Community Campus-10298 Express Dr. Gulfport, MS 39503||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|