» Anatomy and Physiology
» Medical Terminology
» Venipuncture techniques
» Collection and Sample Handling Procedures
» Technician and Patient Safety
» Other practical courses.
Once the courses have been completed at an accredited facility, students can then go on to register for certification exams. Certification is a great goal for students seeking careers in this field. Phlebotomists with certifications are known to make a higher annual salary than those who fail to complete this important step in the training process.
Nebraska Phlebotomy Pre-RequisitesAs with most higher education facilities, colleges offering phlebotomy training require a high-school diploma or equivalent for enrollment. Other pre-requisites may vary per institution. Plebotomists who have successfully completed an accredited training program are not required to have any prior work-history within the field. These positions are very entry-level friendly, with room for promotions. In Nebraska, trainees must be 18 years or older. They are required to pass a background check and have a photo I.D from the state of Nebraska. Students must also be able to show proof of a physical examination, up to date immunizations, and a tuberculosis screening.
Nebraska Phlebotomist Career Outlook and SalaryNationally, phlebotomists brought home an average annual salary of $30,790 in 2011. In the state of Nebraska, the average salary for phlebotomy is $24,500. Experts have predicted the demand for phlebotomists is set to rise between 10% and 19% from 2012 to 2020. There are open phlebotomy positions widely available in both the private and public health sector. Many students use this certification as a stepping stone into the field of nursing, or another health-care related area.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
More Phlebotomy Classes in Nebraska
|Nebraska Methodist College||720 N 87th Street, Omaha, NE 68114||http://www.methodistcollege.edu/phlebotomy|
|Bryant Health||1650 Lake St. Lincoln, NE||http://www.bryanhealth.com/|
|Creighton University||2500 California Plaza Omaha, NE||http://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/departments/creightonmedlaboratoriescml/phlebotomyservices/index.php|
|Vatterott College||11818 I St, Omaha, NE 68137||http://www.vatterott.edu/|
|Western Nebraska Community College||1601 E 27th St Scottsbluff, NE 69361||http://www.wncc.net/|
|Omaha School of Massage and Healthcare||9748 Park Dr Omaha, NE 68127||http://www.osmhc.com/|