» Anatomy and Physiology
» Medical Terminology
» Venipuncture techniques
» Collection and Sample Handling Procedures
» Technician and Patient Safety
» Other practical courses.
Once the courses have been completed at an accredited facility, students can then go on to register for certification exams. Certification is a great goal for students seeking careers in this field. Phlebotomists with certifications are known to make a higher annual salary than those who fail to complete this important step in the training process.
Nebraska Phlebotomy Pre-RequisitesAs with most higher education facilities, colleges offering phlebotomy training require a high-school diploma or equivalent for enrollment. Other pre-requisites may vary per institution. Plebotomists who have successfully completed an accredited training program are not required to have any prior work-history within the field. These positions are very entry-level friendly, with room for promotions. In Nebraska, trainees must be 18 years or older. They are required to pass a background check and have a photo I.D from the state of Nebraska. Students must also be able to show proof of a physical examination, up to date immunizations, and a tuberculosis screening.
Nebraska Phlebotomist Career Outlook and SalaryNationally, phlebotomists brought home an average annual salary of $30,790 in 2011. In the state of Nebraska, the average salary for phlebotomy is $24,500. Experts have predicted the demand for phlebotomists is set to rise between 10% and 19% from 2012 to 2020. There are open phlebotomy positions widely available in both the private and public health sector. Many students use this certification as a stepping stone into the field of nursing, or another health-care related area.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
More Phlebotomy Classes in Nebraska
|Nebraska Methodist College||720 N 87th Street, Omaha, NE 68114||http://www.methodistcollege.edu/phlebotomy|
|Bryant Health||1650 Lake St. Lincoln, NE||http://www.bryanhealth.com/|
|Creighton University||2500 California Plaza Omaha, NE||http://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/departments/creightonmedlaboratoriescml/phlebotomyservices/index.php|
|Vatterott College||11818 I St, Omaha, NE 68137||http://www.vatterott.edu/|
|Western Nebraska Community College||1601 E 27th St Scottsbluff, NE 69361||http://www.wncc.net/|
|Omaha School of Massage and Healthcare||9748 Park Dr Omaha, NE 68127||http://www.osmhc.com/|