» Anatomy and Physiology
» Medical Terminology
» Venipuncture techniques
» Collection and Sample Handling Procedures
» Technician and Patient Safety
» Other practical courses.
Once the courses have been completed at an accredited facility, students can then go on to register for certification exams. Certification is a great goal for students seeking careers in this field. Phlebotomists with certifications are known to make a higher annual salary than those who fail to complete this important step in the training process.
Nebraska Phlebotomy Pre-RequisitesAs with most higher education facilities, colleges offering phlebotomy training require a high-school diploma or equivalent for enrollment. Other pre-requisites may vary per institution. Plebotomists who have successfully completed an accredited training program are not required to have any prior work-history within the field. These positions are very entry-level friendly, with room for promotions. In Nebraska, trainees must be 18 years or older. They are required to pass a background check and have a photo I.D from the state of Nebraska. Students must also be able to show proof of a physical examination, up to date immunizations, and a tuberculosis screening.
Nebraska Phlebotomist Career Outlook and SalaryNationally, phlebotomists brought home an average annual salary of $30,790 in 2011. In the state of Nebraska, the average salary for phlebotomy is $24,500. Experts have predicted the demand for phlebotomists is set to rise between 10% and 19% from 2012 to 2020. There are open phlebotomy positions widely available in both the private and public health sector. Many students use this certification as a stepping stone into the field of nursing, or another health-care related area.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Veterinary Assistant
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
More Phlebotomy Classes in Nebraska
|Nebraska Methodist College||720 N 87th Street, Omaha, NE 68114||http://www.methodistcollege.edu/phlebotomy|
|Bryant Health||1650 Lake St. Lincoln, NE||http://www.bryanhealth.com/|
|Creighton University||2500 California Plaza Omaha, NE||http://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/departments/creightonmedlaboratoriescml/phlebotomyservices/index.php|
|Vatterott College||11818 I St, Omaha, NE 68137||http://www.vatterott.edu/|
|Western Nebraska Community College||1601 E 27th St Scottsbluff, NE 69361||http://www.wncc.net/|
|Omaha School of Massage and Healthcare||9748 Park Dr Omaha, NE 68127||http://www.osmhc.com/|