Becoming a registered phlebotomist is a great way to enter the medical profession without needing an extensive amount of education. New Hampshire is one of the states where you can get a job as a phlebotomist with a high school diploma and your phlebotomy certification, which takes a few months to train for. Students who wish to become phlebotomists will typically alternate between the classroom and practical work, where they practice drawing blood and maintaining the integrity of those samples.
Given the sensitive nature of blood, where even the slightest contamination can cause serious damage, phlebotomists must be meticulous and flawless in their work. It is a relatively simple job, but one that must be done with proper training and 100% concentration. Because of this, most phlebotomy training programs focus on practical learning.
Phlebotomy Training Requirements
Given the importance of phlebotomists, and the delicate nature of their jobs, there is a fair amount of training associated with this profession. A phlebotomist must be a high school graduate, first and foremost, before they enroll in any training program. Most training programs are heavily science oriented, and will last from four to eight months. It is up to the student whether they study for one or two semester, because they have to pass an exam afterwards.
By taking the state’s phlebotomy exam, a person is fully qualified to be a phlebotomist for any medical institution. The exam comes with its own requirements, which include 40 hours of classroom work, 100 hours of medical training, and at least 100 hours of skin punctures. Given these requirements, many students take close to a year to get their training done. This allows them to work another job as they train. However, it is possible to put in all of this work in a three to four month period and get your certification as quickly as possible.
Phlebotomist Salaries/Job Outlook
A Phlebotomist is likely to get paid between $25,000 to $35,000 per year in New Hampshire. This is the going rate for Phlebotomists in most states, which means that New Hampshire is close to the average for salaries in this position. There are several types of healthcare institutions that will need Phlebotomists in New Hampshire. It is possible to work for hospitals, cancer treatment centers, and nursing homes/elderly care homes if you are choosing to go for your phlebotomy training.
There has been a general upward trend over the past few years in the hiring of medical professionals, and this applies to phlebotomy as well. If you are seriously considering this profession, you will be happy to know that there will be plenty of job openings. In addition, people who have worked in the profession for many years will eventually see greater salaries and work hours.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
- Licensed Nursing Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Practical Nursing
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
More Phlebotomy Classes in New Hampshire
|The Salter School of Nursing & Allied Health||60 Rogers Street, Manchester, NH 03103||http://www.salternursing.com/programs/phlebotomy|
|Manchester Community College||1066 Front St Manchester, NH 03102||http://www.mccnh.edu/|
|River Valley Community College||1 College Pl Claremont, NH 03743||http://www.rivervalley.edu/|
|NH Community Technical College||505 Amherst St Nashua, NH 03063||http://www.nashuacc.edu/|
|New Hampshire Community Technical College||277 Portsmouth Ave, Stratham, NH 03885||http://www.nashuacc.edu/|