Becoming a registered phlebotomist is a great way to enter the medical profession without needing an extensive amount of education. New Hampshire is one of the states where you can get a job as a phlebotomist with a high school diploma and your phlebotomy certification, which takes a few months to train for. Students who wish to become phlebotomists will typically alternate between the classroom and practical work, where they practice drawing blood and maintaining the integrity of those samples.
Given the sensitive nature of blood, where even the slightest contamination can cause serious damage, phlebotomists must be meticulous and flawless in their work. It is a relatively simple job, but one that must be done with proper training and 100% concentration. Because of this, most phlebotomy training programs focus on practical learning.
Phlebotomy Training Requirements
Given the importance of phlebotomists, and the delicate nature of their jobs, there is a fair amount of training associated with this profession. A phlebotomist must be a high school graduate, first and foremost, before they enroll in any training program. Most training programs are heavily science oriented, and will last from four to eight months. It is up to the student whether they study for one or two semester, because they have to pass an exam afterwards.
By taking the state’s phlebotomy exam, a person is fully qualified to be a phlebotomist for any medical institution. The exam comes with its own requirements, which include 40 hours of classroom work, 100 hours of medical training, and at least 100 hours of skin punctures. Given these requirements, many students take close to a year to get their training done. This allows them to work another job as they train. However, it is possible to put in all of this work in a three to four month period and get your certification as quickly as possible.
Phlebotomist Salaries/Job Outlook
A Phlebotomist is likely to get paid between $25,000 to $35,000 per year in New Hampshire. This is the going rate for Phlebotomists in most states, which means that New Hampshire is close to the average for salaries in this position. There are several types of healthcare institutions that will need Phlebotomists in New Hampshire. It is possible to work for hospitals, cancer treatment centers, and nursing homes/elderly care homes if you are choosing to go for your phlebotomy training.
There has been a general upward trend over the past few years in the hiring of medical professionals, and this applies to phlebotomy as well. If you are seriously considering this profession, you will be happy to know that there will be plenty of job openings. In addition, people who have worked in the profession for many years will eventually see greater salaries and work hours.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Brenau Adult and Graduate Studies: Designed with You in Mind
If you are a busy, working adult, Brenau offers professionally focused undergraduate and graduate degrees and professional certification programs in flexible, convenient formats that meet your goals and fit your schedule. Brenau has a rich history of 135 years, with more than 35 years of experience in delivering programs for adults. As a Brenau student, you can schedule your classes in a format that is convenient to you. Many of our programs can be completed 100% online.
- Health Care Management (M.B.A.) Online
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
More Phlebotomy Classes in New Hampshire
|The Salter School of Nursing & Allied Health||60 Rogers Street, Manchester, NH 03103||http://www.salternursing.com/programs/phlebotomy|
|Manchester Community College||1066 Front St Manchester, NH 03102||http://www.mccnh.edu/|
|River Valley Community College||1 College Pl Claremont, NH 03743||http://www.rivervalley.edu/|
|NH Community Technical College||505 Amherst St Nashua, NH 03063||http://www.nashuacc.edu/|
|New Hampshire Community Technical College||277 Portsmouth Ave, Stratham, NH 03885||http://www.nashuacc.edu/|