Becoming a registered phlebotomist is a great way to enter the medical profession without needing an extensive amount of education. New Hampshire is one of the states where you can get a job as a phlebotomist with a high school diploma and your phlebotomy certification, which takes a few months to train for. Students who wish to become phlebotomists will typically alternate between the classroom and practical work, where they practice drawing blood and maintaining the integrity of those samples.
Given the sensitive nature of blood, where even the slightest contamination can cause serious damage, phlebotomists must be meticulous and flawless in their work. It is a relatively simple job, but one that must be done with proper training and 100% concentration. Because of this, most phlebotomy training programs focus on practical learning.
Phlebotomy Training Requirements
Given the importance of phlebotomists, and the delicate nature of their jobs, there is a fair amount of training associated with this profession. A phlebotomist must be a high school graduate, first and foremost, before they enroll in any training program. Most training programs are heavily science oriented, and will last from four to eight months. It is up to the student whether they study for one or two semester, because they have to pass an exam afterwards.
By taking the state’s phlebotomy exam, a person is fully qualified to be a phlebotomist for any medical institution. The exam comes with its own requirements, which include 40 hours of classroom work, 100 hours of medical training, and at least 100 hours of skin punctures. Given these requirements, many students take close to a year to get their training done. This allows them to work another job as they train. However, it is possible to put in all of this work in a three to four month period and get your certification as quickly as possible.
Phlebotomist Salaries/Job Outlook
A Phlebotomist is likely to get paid between $25,000 to $35,000 per year in New Hampshire. This is the going rate for Phlebotomists in most states, which means that New Hampshire is close to the average for salaries in this position. There are several types of healthcare institutions that will need Phlebotomists in New Hampshire. It is possible to work for hospitals, cancer treatment centers, and nursing homes/elderly care homes if you are choosing to go for your phlebotomy training.
There has been a general upward trend over the past few years in the hiring of medical professionals, and this applies to phlebotomy as well. If you are seriously considering this profession, you will be happy to know that there will be plenty of job openings. In addition, people who have worked in the profession for many years will eventually see greater salaries and work hours.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
More Phlebotomy Classes in New Hampshire
|The Salter School of Nursing & Allied Health||60 Rogers Street, Manchester, NH 03103||http://www.salternursing.com/programs/phlebotomy|
|Manchester Community College||1066 Front St Manchester, NH 03102||http://www.mccnh.edu/|
|River Valley Community College||1 College Pl Claremont, NH 03743||http://www.rivervalley.edu/|
|NH Community Technical College||505 Amherst St Nashua, NH 03063||http://www.nashuacc.edu/|
|New Hampshire Community Technical College||277 Portsmouth Ave, Stratham, NH 03885||http://www.nashuacc.edu/|