Becoming a registered phlebotomist is a great way to enter the medical profession without needing an extensive amount of education. New Hampshire is one of the states where you can get a job as a phlebotomist with a high school diploma and your phlebotomy certification, which takes a few months to train for. Students who wish to become phlebotomists will typically alternate between the classroom and practical work, where they practice drawing blood and maintaining the integrity of those samples.
Given the sensitive nature of blood, where even the slightest contamination can cause serious damage, phlebotomists must be meticulous and flawless in their work. It is a relatively simple job, but one that must be done with proper training and 100% concentration. Because of this, most phlebotomy training programs focus on practical learning.
Phlebotomy Training Requirements
Given the importance of phlebotomists, and the delicate nature of their jobs, there is a fair amount of training associated with this profession. A phlebotomist must be a high school graduate, first and foremost, before they enroll in any training program. Most training programs are heavily science oriented, and will last from four to eight months. It is up to the student whether they study for one or two semester, because they have to pass an exam afterwards.
By taking the state’s phlebotomy exam, a person is fully qualified to be a phlebotomist for any medical institution. The exam comes with its own requirements, which include 40 hours of classroom work, 100 hours of medical training, and at least 100 hours of skin punctures. Given these requirements, many students take close to a year to get their training done. This allows them to work another job as they train. However, it is possible to put in all of this work in a three to four month period and get your certification as quickly as possible.
Phlebotomist Salaries/Job Outlook
A Phlebotomist is likely to get paid between $25,000 to $35,000 per year in New Hampshire. This is the going rate for Phlebotomists in most states, which means that New Hampshire is close to the average for salaries in this position. There are several types of healthcare institutions that will need Phlebotomists in New Hampshire. It is possible to work for hospitals, cancer treatment centers, and nursing homes/elderly care homes if you are choosing to go for your phlebotomy training.
There has been a general upward trend over the past few years in the hiring of medical professionals, and this applies to phlebotomy as well. If you are seriously considering this profession, you will be happy to know that there will be plenty of job openings. In addition, people who have worked in the profession for many years will eventually see greater salaries and work hours.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Licensed Nursing Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Practical Nursing
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Billing Specialist
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
More Phlebotomy Classes in New Hampshire
|The Salter School of Nursing & Allied Health||60 Rogers Street, Manchester, NH 03103||http://www.salternursing.com/programs/phlebotomy|
|Manchester Community College||1066 Front St Manchester, NH 03102||http://www.mccnh.edu/|
|River Valley Community College||1 College Pl Claremont, NH 03743||http://www.rivervalley.edu/|
|NH Community Technical College||505 Amherst St Nashua, NH 03063||http://www.nashuacc.edu/|
|New Hampshire Community Technical College||277 Portsmouth Ave, Stratham, NH 03885||http://www.nashuacc.edu/|