Although the state of New Mexico does not require that phlebotomists be certified or licensed, most employers in the state do require that phlebotomists have on-the-job experience. If you don’t have any experience, you will need to take phlebotomy training. New Mexico employers generally require the following criteria for practicing phlebotomists:• Age 18 or over
• High school graduate
• Current with all immunizations
• Trained in CPR and First Aid
• Successfully pass a background and drug test
Other useful attributes that can help you land a job in New Mexico as a phlebotomist are computer systems skills and customer service skills. Phlebotomists who are bilingual are always in demand.
Phlebotomy Job Outlook and Average Salaries
The largest cities, naturally, have the most jobs available, so there is a higher chance of finding employment in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Las Cruces. That said; keep in mind that blood work of some type is necessary for almost every medical procedure, so even the smallest towns need phlebotomists for their laboratories, private physicians, clinics, and hospitals.
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the salary range of Phlebotomy Technicians is between $26,000 and $32,000. The compensation varies according to education and experience. Hospitals tend to pay at the low end of the scale, and private clinics tend to pay at the high end of the scale.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
More Phlebotomy Classes in New Mexico
|Central New Mexico Community College||525 Buena Vista Dr. SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106||http://catalog.cnm.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=12&poid=2401|
|Eastern New Mexico University||1500 S Avenue K, Portales, NM 88130||http://enmu.edu/academics/distance-ed/non-credit/|
|New Mexico State University - Dona Ana Community College||2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd, Las Cruces, NM 88011||http://dacc.nmsu.edu/hps/hca/phlebotomy.html|
|San Juan College||4601 College Boulevard, Farmington, NM 87402||http://www.sanjuancollege.edu/pages/5314.asp|
|Santa Fe Community College||6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87508||http://www.sfcc.edu/programs/phlebotomy|
|University of New Mexico||1634 University Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102||http://dce.unm.edu/phlebotomy-2.htm|
|Southwest Phlebotomy Certification L.L.C||PO Box 90761. Albuquerque, NM 87199||http://swphlebotomy.com/|