Although the state of New Mexico does not require that phlebotomists be certified or licensed, most employers in the state do require that phlebotomists have on-the-job experience. If you don’t have any experience, you will need to take phlebotomy training. New Mexico employers generally require the following criteria for practicing phlebotomists:• Age 18 or over
• High school graduate
• Current with all immunizations
• Trained in CPR and First Aid
• Successfully pass a background and drug test
Other useful attributes that can help you land a job in New Mexico as a phlebotomist are computer systems skills and customer service skills. Phlebotomists who are bilingual are always in demand.
Phlebotomy Job Outlook and Average Salaries
The largest cities, naturally, have the most jobs available, so there is a higher chance of finding employment in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Las Cruces. That said; keep in mind that blood work of some type is necessary for almost every medical procedure, so even the smallest towns need phlebotomists for their laboratories, private physicians, clinics, and hospitals.
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the salary range of Phlebotomy Technicians is between $26,000 and $32,000. The compensation varies according to education and experience. Hospitals tend to pay at the low end of the scale, and private clinics tend to pay at the high end of the scale.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant Spanish
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
More Phlebotomy Classes in New Mexico
|Central New Mexico Community College||525 Buena Vista Dr. SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106||http://catalog.cnm.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=12&poid=2401|
|Eastern New Mexico University||1500 S Avenue K, Portales, NM 88130||http://enmu.edu/academics/distance-ed/non-credit/|
|New Mexico State University - Dona Ana Community College||2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd, Las Cruces, NM 88011||http://dacc.nmsu.edu/hps/hca/phlebotomy.html|
|San Juan College||4601 College Boulevard, Farmington, NM 87402||http://www.sanjuancollege.edu/pages/5314.asp|
|Santa Fe Community College||6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87508||http://www.sfcc.edu/programs/phlebotomy|
|University of New Mexico||1634 University Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102||http://dce.unm.edu/phlebotomy-2.htm|
|Southwest Phlebotomy Certification L.L.C||PO Box 90761. Albuquerque, NM 87199||http://swphlebotomy.com/|