Although the state of New Mexico does not require that phlebotomists be certified or licensed, most employers in the state do require that phlebotomists have on-the-job experience. If you don’t have any experience, you will need to take phlebotomy training. New Mexico employers generally require the following criteria for practicing phlebotomists:• Age 18 or over
• High school graduate
• Current with all immunizations
• Trained in CPR and First Aid
• Successfully pass a background and drug test
Other useful attributes that can help you land a job in New Mexico as a phlebotomist are computer systems skills and customer service skills. Phlebotomists who are bilingual are always in demand.
Phlebotomy Job Outlook and Average Salaries
The largest cities, naturally, have the most jobs available, so there is a higher chance of finding employment in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Las Cruces. That said; keep in mind that blood work of some type is necessary for almost every medical procedure, so even the smallest towns need phlebotomists for their laboratories, private physicians, clinics, and hospitals.
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the salary range of Phlebotomy Technicians is between $26,000 and $32,000. The compensation varies according to education and experience. Hospitals tend to pay at the low end of the scale, and private clinics tend to pay at the high end of the scale.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Insurance Billing & Coding
WELCOME TO PURDUE UNIVERSITY GLOBAL
World-Class Education Tailored for Working Adults
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience tailored for working adults.
- BS in Health and Wellness
More Phlebotomy Classes in New Mexico
|Central New Mexico Community College||525 Buena Vista Dr. SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106||http://catalog.cnm.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=12&poid=2401|
|Eastern New Mexico University||1500 S Avenue K, Portales, NM 88130||http://enmu.edu/academics/distance-ed/non-credit/|
|New Mexico State University - Dona Ana Community College||2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd, Las Cruces, NM 88011||http://dacc.nmsu.edu/hps/hca/phlebotomy.html|
|San Juan College||4601 College Boulevard, Farmington, NM 87402||http://www.sanjuancollege.edu/pages/5314.asp|
|Santa Fe Community College||6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87508||http://www.sfcc.edu/programs/phlebotomy|
|University of New Mexico||1634 University Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102||http://dce.unm.edu/phlebotomy-2.htm|
|Southwest Phlebotomy Certification L.L.C||PO Box 90761. Albuquerque, NM 87199||http://swphlebotomy.com/|