Although the state of New Mexico does not require that phlebotomists be certified or licensed, most employers in the state do require that phlebotomists have on-the-job experience. If you don’t have any experience, you will need to take phlebotomy training. New Mexico employers generally require the following criteria for practicing phlebotomists:• Age 18 or over
• High school graduate
• Current with all immunizations
• Trained in CPR and First Aid
• Successfully pass a background and drug test
Other useful attributes that can help you land a job in New Mexico as a phlebotomist are computer systems skills and customer service skills. Phlebotomists who are bilingual are always in demand.
Phlebotomy Job Outlook and Average Salaries
The largest cities, naturally, have the most jobs available, so there is a higher chance of finding employment in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Las Cruces. That said; keep in mind that blood work of some type is necessary for almost every medical procedure, so even the smallest towns need phlebotomists for their laboratories, private physicians, clinics, and hospitals.
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the salary range of Phlebotomy Technicians is between $26,000 and $32,000. The compensation varies according to education and experience. Hospitals tend to pay at the low end of the scale, and private clinics tend to pay at the high end of the scale.
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Insurance Billing & Coding
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Practical Nursing
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Your success is our priority. For more than 40 years, we have dedicated ourselves to healthcare education because we want you to become the best healthcare professional possible. Our instructors and staff are dedicated to providing you with the in-demand, hands-on education employers expect so that you may thrive in your profession. Pima Medical Institute started changing lives in 1972 when Richard Luebke Sr. and his wife, JoAnn, brought to life their dream of providing students with a quality medical career education.
- Certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Dental Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
More Phlebotomy Classes in New Mexico
|Central New Mexico Community College||525 Buena Vista Dr. SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106||http://catalog.cnm.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=12&poid=2401|
|Eastern New Mexico University||1500 S Avenue K, Portales, NM 88130||http://enmu.edu/academics/distance-ed/non-credit/|
|New Mexico State University - Dona Ana Community College||2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd, Las Cruces, NM 88011||http://dacc.nmsu.edu/hps/hca/phlebotomy.html|
|San Juan College||4601 College Boulevard, Farmington, NM 87402||http://www.sanjuancollege.edu/pages/5314.asp|
|Santa Fe Community College||6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87508||http://www.sfcc.edu/programs/phlebotomy|
|University of New Mexico||1634 University Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102||http://dce.unm.edu/phlebotomy-2.htm|
|Southwest Phlebotomy Certification L.L.C||PO Box 90761. Albuquerque, NM 87199||http://swphlebotomy.com/|