North Carolina has a wide variety of programs of phlebotomy in twenty-nine of its city’s colleges. There colleges have programs that are based on hours of credit and monthly periods. The programs are very organized and are great for applicants who want to start careers in this field at a great time. The use of a phlebotomy degree is an excellent introduction to the health care field which students can discover more for other directions in health care. In the state of North Carolina the phlebotomy program offers certain colleges have extra programs within training so the field has a plenty of value for the individual whose career choice is phlebotomy.
For twenty-nine cities and more to have this program establishes phlebotomy as a program with interesting methods. Students that never had considered the practice of drawing blood for medical testing as an introductory stepping stone would be amazed at the benefits their training gives them later in their life. Ashville, Forest and Elizabeth City, are the best cites in North Carolina for phlebotomy training. All the colleges in these cities have specialized methods of blood drawing which the programs provide comprehensive assessments to guarantee patient treatment is held at a paramount. Each of the schools with in the program train with needles and donors provide blood. The schools have different methods but each program offers certifications for the students at the end of the year.
The requirements to get in the program for most of the twenty-nine cities are a high school diploma or GED with students being at least 18 years of age. This course can be completed at local community colleges in the select cities.
The state of North Carolina doesn’t require students to be certified to practice phlebotomy but many of the medical center employers prefer those who have completed the course successfully. Phlebotomy training will have students qualified for jobs that accept the minimum of the weekly and hourly time limit as in introductory medical assistant for the first of two to three years. Passing a criminal background and drug screening test is also a required for this field. The state of North Carolina is advocating for more professionals to enter this career path, thus getting accepted into the school won’t be too difficult because of the desire, constant technological growth and will to learn new exciting things will be won over by passion for phlebotomy.
The economy for phlebotomist in North Carolina continues to grow rapidly. There is availability for employment at hospitals, medical treatment centers or specialized homes around the state. A phlebotomists’ salary is dependent upon their employer and the amount of training received for the potential to earn more money. The salaries for this job can range between $9.20 to 14.72 per hour and an annual salary of $28,000 -$29,000. There are many of jobs in North Carolina with this field and wide variety of knowledge for it. Allowing the field of phlebotomy to begin a medical career can grant higher opportunity in the future.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- Medical Office Assistant - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- BS Health Science (Post PTA)
- And more...
You can complete Southeastern Institute's training programs in as few as 8 months!* Receive handson instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern's small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
- Certificate in Electronic Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
More Phlebotomy Classes in North Carolina
|Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College||340 Victoria Road, Asheville, NC 28801||http://www1.abtech.edu/content/phlebotomy-certificate-c45600|
|Brunswick Community College||50 College Road, Bolivia, NC 28422||http://www.brunswickcc.edu/nursing-allied-health/phlebotomy|
|Care One Health Training Institute||309 Chapanoke Road, Suite 116, Raleigh, NC 27603||http://www.careonehealth.org/courses/phlebotomy/|
|Catawba Valley Community College||2550 US Highway 70 SE, Hickory, NC 28602||http://www.cvcc.edu/Health_Services/Health_Services_Innovation/Phlebotomy.cfm|
|The College of Davidson and Davie Counties||PO Box 1287, Lexington, NC 27293||http://www.davidsonccc.edu/academics/health-wellness-public-safety/health-programs/phlebotomy|
|Continual Health Education and Training||2920 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28206||http://continualhealth.info/phlebotomy_courses/|
|Halifax Community College||200 College Drive, Weldon, NC 27890||http://www.halifaxcc.edu/programs/index.htm|
|Johnston Community College||245 College Road, Smithfield, NC 27577||http://www.johnstoncc.edu/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Nash Community College||522 North Old Carriage Road, Rocky Mount, NC 27804||http://www.nashcc.edu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=131|
|Rockingham Community College||215 Wrenn Memorial Road Highway 65, Wentworth, NC 27375||http://www.rockinghamcc.edu/docs/Catalog2010-2011_Web.pdf#page=162|
|Southwestern Community College||447 College Drive, Sylva, NC 28779||http://www.southwesterncc.edu/program/phlebotomy-certificate|
|Wake Technical Community College||9101 Fayetteville Road, Raleigh, NC 27603||http://phlebotomy.waketech.edu/|
|Wayne Community College||3000 Wayne Memorial Drive, Goldsboro, NC 27534||http://www.waynecc.edu/phlebotomy/|
|Rowan-Cabarrus Community College||1333 Jake Alexander Blvd. South, Salisbury, NC 28146||http://www.rccc.edu/healthoccupations/phlebotomy-program/|
|Rowan-Cabarrus Community College||1531 Trinity Church Road, Concord, NC 28027||http://www.rccc.edu/healthoccupations/phlebotomy-program/|
|Rowan-Cabarrus Community College||660 Concord Parkway North, Concord, NC 28027||http://www.rccc.edu/healthoccupations/phlebotomy-program/|
|Rowan-Cabarrus Community College||942 Cloverleaf Plaza, Concord, NC 28081||http://www.rccc.edu/healthoccupations/phlebotomy-program/|
|Rowan-Cabarrus Community College||399 Biotechnology Lane, Kannapolis, NC 28081||http://www.rccc.edu/healthoccupations/phlebotomy-program/|
|Rowan-Cabarrus Community College||200 West Avenue, Kannapolis, NC 28081||http://www.rccc.edu/healthoccupations/phlebotomy-program/|
|Piedmont Community College||1715 College Drive, Roxboro, NC 27573||http://www.piedmontcc.edu/Portals/0/Documents/ProgramsofStudy/Phlebotomy.pdf|
|Piedmont Community College||331 Piedmont Drive, Yanceyville, NC 27379||http://www.piedmontcc.edu/Portals/0/Documents/ProgramsofStudy/Phlebotomy.pdf|
|Cape Fear Community College||411 N. Front Street, Wilmington, NC 28401||http://cfcc.edu/pbt/|
|Cape Fear Community College||4500 Blue Clay Road, Castle Hayne, NC 28429||http://cfcc.edu/pbt/|
|Cape Fear Community College||100 East Industrial Drive, Burgaw, NC 28425||http://cfcc.edu/pbt/|
|Miller-Motte College||1021 WH Smith Blvd. Ste. 102, Greenville, NC 27834||http://www.miller-motte.edu/classes/area-of-interest/health-a-medical/228-phlebotomy-career-training-programs|
|Miller-Motte College||1291A Hargett Street, Jacksonville, NC 28540||http://www.miller-motte.edu/classes/area-of-interest/health-a-medical/228-phlebotomy-career-training-programs|
|Miller-Motte College||3901 Capital Boulevard, Raleigh, NC 27604||http://www.miller-motte.edu/classes/area-of-interest/health-a-medical/228-phlebotomy-career-training-programs|
|Miller-Motte College||5000 Market Street, Wilmington, NC 28405|
|Miller-Motte College||2205 Walnut Street, Cary, NC 27518|
|Gaston College||201 Highway 321 South, Dallas, NC 28034||http://www.gaston.edu/programs/health_sciences/phlebotomy.php|
|Gaston College||511 South Aspen Street, Lincolnton, NC 28092||http://www.gaston.edu/programs/health_sciences/phlebotomy.php|
|Gaston College||7220 Wilkinson Blvd., Belmont, NC 28012||http://www.gaston.edu/programs/health_sciences/phlebotomy.php|
|The College of Albemarle||1208 North Road Street, Elizabeth City, NC 27909||http://www.albemarle.edu/academics/programs-of-study/phlebotomy|
|The College of Albemarle||132 Russell Twiford Road, Manteo, NC, 27954||http://www.albemarle.edu/academics/programs-of-study/phlebotomy|
|The College of Albemarle||800 North Oakum Street, Edenton, NC 27932||http://www.albemarle.edu/academics/programs-of-study/phlebotomy|
|Carolina Allied Health Training Center||3326 Guess Road, Ste 203, Durham, NC 27705||http://www.carolinaalliedhealth.com/Phlebotomy.html|
|Carolina Allied Health Training Center||5870 Farringdon Place, Raleigh, NC 27609||http://www.carolinaalliedhealth.com/Phlebotomy.html|