Phlebotomists draw blood and bodily fluids for testing, research, transfusions and medical exams. They also spend time working in clinical and medical laboratories. If this type of career interests you, read below and learn how you can complete phlebotomy training in North Dakota. You’ll learn about classes, education requirements, certification and career outlook.What is All Included in Phlebotomy Training?
Phlebotomy training in North Dakota is usually a short-term program that can be completed in 10 to 50 weeks (one or two semesters) and results in a certificate or diploma upon completion. Phlebotomy is generally not part of a degree program. The training program combines classroom learning with lab studies and clinical assignments. For instance, the phlebotomy training at Bismarck State Colleges includes one semester of courses and four weeks of clinical training. Classroom courses may include medical terminology, First Aid/CPR, human structure and function, medical law and ethics. healthcare computing, phlebotomy and electronic health records. Some courses may be offered through distance learning.
The four-week clinical training provides the student with actual hands-on training performing phlebotomy procedures in an approved healthcare setting. To successfully complete the training, students must complete 100 to 120 phlebotomy lab duties and at least 100 phlebotomy procedures in patients of various ages. As a student enrolled in a phlebotomy training program, you may be required to submit to a criminal background check.
North Dakota does not have certification requirements for its phlebotomists or phlebotomy technicians; however phlebotomists how are certified may find better employment opportunities. Certifying agencies that offer certification exams include National Center for Competency Testing, American Association of Medical Personnel, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, American Medical Technologists and the American Society of Clinical Pathologists. When students are ready to take the certification exam, they can apply to a Pearson VUE testing center to schedule the exam. Once they’ve passed the computer-based exam, they’re given a certificate and have earned the Certified Phlebotomy Technician credential.
What Type of Career Opportunities Can I Expect as a Phlebotomy Technician in North Dakota?
Phlebotomists may find work in medical centers, clinics, diagnostic laboratories and blood donor centers; however, the majority work in hospitals. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that phlebotomy technicians will see an employment growth of up to 27% between 2012 and 2022 – a much faster-than-average growth for all occupations. However, as of May 2012, there were only about 390 phlebotomists employed in North Dakota. The annual wage of $26,060 earned by these medical specialists was slightly lower than the $30,950 earned by phlebotomists across the nation.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.