Phlebotomists draw blood and bodily fluids for testing, research, transfusions and medical exams. They also spend time working in clinical and medical laboratories. If this type of career interests you, read below and learn how you can complete phlebotomy training in North Dakota. You’ll learn about classes, education requirements, certification and career outlook.What is All Included in Phlebotomy Training?
Phlebotomy training in North Dakota is usually a short-term program that can be completed in 10 to 50 weeks (one or two semesters) and results in a certificate or diploma upon completion. Phlebotomy is generally not part of a degree program. The training program combines classroom learning with lab studies and clinical assignments. For instance, the phlebotomy training at Bismarck State Colleges includes one semester of courses and four weeks of clinical training. Classroom courses may include medical terminology, First Aid/CPR, human structure and function, medical law and ethics. healthcare computing, phlebotomy and electronic health records. Some courses may be offered through distance learning.
The four-week clinical training provides the student with actual hands-on training performing phlebotomy procedures in an approved healthcare setting. To successfully complete the training, students must complete 100 to 120 phlebotomy lab duties and at least 100 phlebotomy procedures in patients of various ages. As a student enrolled in a phlebotomy training program, you may be required to submit to a criminal background check.
North Dakota does not have certification requirements for its phlebotomists or phlebotomy technicians; however phlebotomists how are certified may find better employment opportunities. Certifying agencies that offer certification exams include National Center for Competency Testing, American Association of Medical Personnel, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, American Medical Technologists and the American Society of Clinical Pathologists. When students are ready to take the certification exam, they can apply to a Pearson VUE testing center to schedule the exam. Once they’ve passed the computer-based exam, they’re given a certificate and have earned the Certified Phlebotomy Technician credential.
What Type of Career Opportunities Can I Expect as a Phlebotomy Technician in North Dakota?
Phlebotomists may find work in medical centers, clinics, diagnostic laboratories and blood donor centers; however, the majority work in hospitals. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that phlebotomy technicians will see an employment growth of up to 27% between 2012 and 2022 – a much faster-than-average growth for all occupations. However, as of May 2012, there were only about 390 phlebotomists employed in North Dakota. The annual wage of $26,060 earned by these medical specialists was slightly lower than the $30,950 earned by phlebotomists across the nation.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- BS in Community Health Education
- BS in Public Health
- MS Public Health
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management