Phlebotomists draw blood and bodily fluids for testing, research, transfusions and medical exams. They also spend time working in clinical and medical laboratories. If this type of career interests you, read below and learn how you can complete phlebotomy training in North Dakota. You’ll learn about classes, education requirements, certification and career outlook.What is All Included in Phlebotomy Training?
Phlebotomy training in North Dakota is usually a short-term program that can be completed in 10 to 50 weeks (one or two semesters) and results in a certificate or diploma upon completion. Phlebotomy is generally not part of a degree program. The training program combines classroom learning with lab studies and clinical assignments. For instance, the phlebotomy training at Bismarck State Colleges includes one semester of courses and four weeks of clinical training. Classroom courses may include medical terminology, First Aid/CPR, human structure and function, medical law and ethics. healthcare computing, phlebotomy and electronic health records. Some courses may be offered through distance learning.
The four-week clinical training provides the student with actual hands-on training performing phlebotomy procedures in an approved healthcare setting. To successfully complete the training, students must complete 100 to 120 phlebotomy lab duties and at least 100 phlebotomy procedures in patients of various ages. As a student enrolled in a phlebotomy training program, you may be required to submit to a criminal background check.
North Dakota does not have certification requirements for its phlebotomists or phlebotomy technicians; however phlebotomists how are certified may find better employment opportunities. Certifying agencies that offer certification exams include National Center for Competency Testing, American Association of Medical Personnel, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, American Medical Technologists and the American Society of Clinical Pathologists. When students are ready to take the certification exam, they can apply to a Pearson VUE testing center to schedule the exam. Once they’ve passed the computer-based exam, they’re given a certificate and have earned the Certified Phlebotomy Technician credential.
What Type of Career Opportunities Can I Expect as a Phlebotomy Technician in North Dakota?
Phlebotomists may find work in medical centers, clinics, diagnostic laboratories and blood donor centers; however, the majority work in hospitals. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that phlebotomy technicians will see an employment growth of up to 27% between 2012 and 2022 – a much faster-than-average growth for all occupations. However, as of May 2012, there were only about 390 phlebotomists employed in North Dakota. The annual wage of $26,060 earned by these medical specialists was slightly lower than the $30,950 earned by phlebotomists across the nation.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Billing and Coding
- Degree - Medical Billing and Coding
- Veterinary Assistant
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management