Phlebotomists draw blood and bodily fluids for testing, research, transfusions and medical exams. They also spend time working in clinical and medical laboratories. If this type of career interests you, read below and learn how you can complete phlebotomy training in North Dakota. You’ll learn about classes, education requirements, certification and career outlook.What is All Included in Phlebotomy Training?
Phlebotomy training in North Dakota is usually a short-term program that can be completed in 10 to 50 weeks (one or two semesters) and results in a certificate or diploma upon completion. Phlebotomy is generally not part of a degree program. The training program combines classroom learning with lab studies and clinical assignments. For instance, the phlebotomy training at Bismarck State Colleges includes one semester of courses and four weeks of clinical training. Classroom courses may include medical terminology, First Aid/CPR, human structure and function, medical law and ethics. healthcare computing, phlebotomy and electronic health records. Some courses may be offered through distance learning.
The four-week clinical training provides the student with actual hands-on training performing phlebotomy procedures in an approved healthcare setting. To successfully complete the training, students must complete 100 to 120 phlebotomy lab duties and at least 100 phlebotomy procedures in patients of various ages. As a student enrolled in a phlebotomy training program, you may be required to submit to a criminal background check.
North Dakota does not have certification requirements for its phlebotomists or phlebotomy technicians; however phlebotomists how are certified may find better employment opportunities. Certifying agencies that offer certification exams include National Center for Competency Testing, American Association of Medical Personnel, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, American Medical Technologists and the American Society of Clinical Pathologists. When students are ready to take the certification exam, they can apply to a Pearson VUE testing center to schedule the exam. Once they’ve passed the computer-based exam, they’re given a certificate and have earned the Certified Phlebotomy Technician credential.
What Type of Career Opportunities Can I Expect as a Phlebotomy Technician in North Dakota?
Phlebotomists may find work in medical centers, clinics, diagnostic laboratories and blood donor centers; however, the majority work in hospitals. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that phlebotomy technicians will see an employment growth of up to 27% between 2012 and 2022 – a much faster-than-average growth for all occupations. However, as of May 2012, there were only about 390 phlebotomists employed in North Dakota. The annual wage of $26,060 earned by these medical specialists was slightly lower than the $30,950 earned by phlebotomists across the nation.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.