The literal translation of phlebotomy is “to cut a vein”. Actually, the process of phlebotomy involves making an incision in the vein for extracting or drawing blood and the process of extracting blood is known as venipuncture. The samples are then used for diagnosing various illnesses to identify various diseases or health problems. The person who is performing the phlebotomy is known as phlebotomist.
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in Oklahoma
It is well known that doctors can make incision in the vein and draw blood without any assistance. In fact, it is a part of their training. However, this is a specialized field known as phlebotomy. The person acquiring skills is known as a phlebotomist, who in addition to learning to make the incision and drawing blood also has to learn the skills for handling patients.
- In-Class Training – This training period lasts for half to a full years and the student needs at least 40 credit hours to complete the training. The syllabus includes introduction to phlebotomy, how to control risk of infection, how to prepare the patient, venipuncture, after procedure care and caring and handling the specimen. In short, the student is equipped with theoretical knowledge.
- Practical, Hands-On Training – This part of the training includes internship in a clinical setting under supervision, completing the required number of venipuncture and completing 40 hours of internship in a hospital or any other clinical setting.
Each of the programs has specific requirements that should be completed before certification is awarded to the student.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Oklahoma Jobs including Average Salary Information
There are numerous phlebotomy jobs available for the trained phlebotomist. These include trainee positions to a position as a fully qualified phlebotomist. Average salary for a trained phlebotomist is approximately $29,000 per annum, which may vary according to your training and the place where you are located.
If you are planning to train as a phlebotomist, then it is best that you research the subject thoroughly. You should also be able to be pick up blood samples and draw blood when needed.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy
- Dental Assistant
- Practical Nursing-(AOS) [LPN]
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner