The literal translation of phlebotomy is “to cut a vein”. Actually, the process of phlebotomy involves making an incision in the vein for extracting or drawing blood and the process of extracting blood is known as venipuncture. The samples are then used for diagnosing various illnesses to identify various diseases or health problems. The person who is performing the phlebotomy is known as phlebotomist.
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in Oklahoma
It is well known that doctors can make incision in the vein and draw blood without any assistance. In fact, it is a part of their training. However, this is a specialized field known as phlebotomy. The person acquiring skills is known as a phlebotomist, who in addition to learning to make the incision and drawing blood also has to learn the skills for handling patients.
- In-Class Training – This training period lasts for half to a full years and the student needs at least 40 credit hours to complete the training. The syllabus includes introduction to phlebotomy, how to control risk of infection, how to prepare the patient, venipuncture, after procedure care and caring and handling the specimen. In short, the student is equipped with theoretical knowledge.
- Practical, Hands-On Training – This part of the training includes internship in a clinical setting under supervision, completing the required number of venipuncture and completing 40 hours of internship in a hospital or any other clinical setting.
Each of the programs has specific requirements that should be completed before certification is awarded to the student.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Oklahoma Jobs including Average Salary Information
There are numerous phlebotomy jobs available for the trained phlebotomist. These include trainee positions to a position as a fully qualified phlebotomist. Average salary for a trained phlebotomist is approximately $29,000 per annum, which may vary according to your training and the place where you are located.
If you are planning to train as a phlebotomist, then it is best that you research the subject thoroughly. You should also be able to be pick up blood samples and draw blood when needed.
- Each campus features a public restaurant where culinary students work under the direction of professional chefs for real-world experience.
- Hosts Platt College’s Food Fight, a friendly dessert competition for students held once a month.
- Offers programs in culinary arts, nursing, and healthcare.
- Accredited by the American Culinary Federation (AFC) and Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 5 campuses in Lawton, North and Central Oklahoma City, Moore, and Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy
- Practical Nursing-(AOS) [LPN]
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
- Medical Office Assistant
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing