List of Phlebotomy Schools near Oklahoma
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy
- Dental Assistant
- Respiratory Care - AS
- And more...
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- Medical Assistant AOS
- Medical Assistant Occupational Specialist
- Medical Assistant with Office Management
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Independence University is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
Discover the power of ONE COURSE A MONTH® to fit education into your busy life. Brown Mackie College’s ONE COURSE A MONTH® schedule lets you focus on your course work one subject at a time.
- Diploma in Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting
- Diploma of Medical Insurance Specialist
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Online
- Medical Billing and Coding Online
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Allied Health Science (AS)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in OklahomaIt is well known that doctors can make incision in the vein and draw blood without any assistance. In fact, it is a part of their training. However, this is a specialized field known as phlebotomy. The person acquiring skills is known as a phlebotomist, who in addition to learning to make the incision and drawing blood also has to learn the skills for handling patients. You will have to undergo a phlebotomy training course for certification in phlebotomy.
Schools offering Phlebotomy Training in OklahomaHere are the schools that offer degrees, certificate and are known for their Associate programs in Phlebotomy training in Oklahoma:
- Kaplan University
- Rose State College, Oklahoma City for Certificate and Associate Program
- High Plains Technology Center offers Certificate Program
- Chisholm Trail Technology Center offers Certificate Program
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in OklahomaRequirements for Phlebotomy Training in Oklahoma are not very different from the other states. The basic requirement is as given below:
- Current and updated health and immunization records
- Passing a background check and a criminal check. You should also pass a drug test
- You should have a high school diploma or a GED; and
- You should be 18 years of age or above.
- In-Class Training – This training period lasts for half to a full years and the student needs at least 40 credit hours to complete the training. The syllabus includes introduction to phlebotomy, how to control risk of infection, how to prepare the patient, venipuncture, after procedure care and caring and handling the specimen. In short, the student is equipped with theoretical knowledge.
- Practical, Hands-On Training – This part of the training includes internship in a clinical setting under supervision, completing the required number of venipuncture and completing 40 hours of internship in a hospital or any other clinical setting.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Oklahoma Jobs including Average Salary InformationThere are numerous phlebotomy jobs available for the trained phlebotomist. These include trainee positions to a position as a fully qualified phlebotomist. Average salary for a trained phlebotomist is approximately $29,000 per annum, which may vary according to your training and the place where you are located.
If you are planning to train as a phlebotomist, then it is best that you research the subject thoroughly. You should also be able to be pick up blood samples and draw blood when needed.