List of Phlebotomy Schools near Oklahoma
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant AOS
- Medical Assistant Occupational Specialist
- Medical Assistant with Office Management
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Allied Health Science (AS)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
Get your career started with an education from Heritage College. We offer programs and degrees for a career as an x-ray medical technician, medical assistant, massage therapist, esthetician, surgical technologist, personal trainer, pharmacy technician, or cosmetologist.
- Veterinary Technician, Associate Degree
- Pharmacy Technician Program
- Medical Coding
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Coding and Billing
- Veterinary Assistant
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in OklahomaIt is well known that doctors can make incision in the vein and draw blood without any assistance. In fact, it is a part of their training. However, this is a specialized field known as phlebotomy. The person acquiring skills is known as a phlebotomist, who in addition to learning to make the incision and drawing blood also has to learn the skills for handling patients. You will have to undergo a phlebotomy training course for certification in phlebotomy.
Schools offering Phlebotomy Training in OklahomaHere are the schools that offer degrees, certificate and are known for their Associate programs in Phlebotomy training in Oklahoma:
- Kaplan University
- Rose State College, Oklahoma City for Certificate and Associate Program
- High Plains Technology Center offers Certificate Program
- Chisholm Trail Technology Center offers Certificate Program
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in OklahomaRequirements for Phlebotomy Training in Oklahoma are not very different from the other states. The basic requirement is as given below:
- Current and updated health and immunization records
- Passing a background check and a criminal check. You should also pass a drug test
- You should have a high school diploma or a GED; and
- You should be 18 years of age or above.
- In-Class Training – This training period lasts for half to a full years and the student needs at least 40 credit hours to complete the training. The syllabus includes introduction to phlebotomy, how to control risk of infection, how to prepare the patient, venipuncture, after procedure care and caring and handling the specimen. In short, the student is equipped with theoretical knowledge.
- Practical, Hands-On Training – This part of the training includes internship in a clinical setting under supervision, completing the required number of venipuncture and completing 40 hours of internship in a hospital or any other clinical setting.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Oklahoma Jobs including Average Salary InformationThere are numerous phlebotomy jobs available for the trained phlebotomist. These include trainee positions to a position as a fully qualified phlebotomist. Average salary for a trained phlebotomist is approximately $29,000 per annum, which may vary according to your training and the place where you are located.
If you are planning to train as a phlebotomist, then it is best that you research the subject thoroughly. You should also be able to be pick up blood samples and draw blood when needed.