List of Phlebotomy Schools near Oklahoma
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Health Science, BS (Online)
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Coding Specialist
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Pharmacy Technician Program
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Heath and Wellness
- Associate of Science in Health Science (Military Only)
- Veterinary Food Inspection Specialist
- And more...
- B.S. in Health Studies - Health Management
- B.S. in Health Studies - Health Communication
- B.S. in Health Studies - Self-Designed
- And more...
- Medical Office Assisting
- Veterinary Assisting
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
Get hands-on training with the Allen School Online. We offer an accelerated medical assistant certificate program at our campuses in Jamaica, Queens, and downtown Brooklyn. Our program is tailored to meet the needs of the allied health industry, providing training in medical skills in our practical and clinical classroom environment.
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in OklahomaIt is well known that doctors can make incision in the vein and draw blood without any assistance. In fact, it is a part of their training. However, this is a specialized field known as phlebotomy. The person acquiring skills is known as a phlebotomist, who in addition to learning to make the incision and drawing blood also has to learn the skills for handling patients. You will have to undergo a phlebotomy training course for certification in phlebotomy.
Schools offering Phlebotomy Training in OklahomaHere are the schools that offer degrees, certificate and are known for their Associate programs in Phlebotomy training in Oklahoma:
- Kaplan University
- Rose State College, Oklahoma City for Certificate and Associate Program
- High Plains Technology Center offers Certificate Program
- Chisholm Trail Technology Center offers Certificate Program
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in OklahomaRequirements for Phlebotomy Training in Oklahoma are not very different from the other states. The basic requirement is as given below:
- Current and updated health and immunization records
- Passing a background check and a criminal check. You should also pass a drug test
- You should have a high school diploma or a GED; and
- You should be 18 years of age or above.
- In-Class Training – This training period lasts for half to a full years and the student needs at least 40 credit hours to complete the training. The syllabus includes introduction to phlebotomy, how to control risk of infection, how to prepare the patient, venipuncture, after procedure care and caring and handling the specimen. In short, the student is equipped with theoretical knowledge.
- Practical, Hands-On Training – This part of the training includes internship in a clinical setting under supervision, completing the required number of venipuncture and completing 40 hours of internship in a hospital or any other clinical setting.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Oklahoma Jobs including Average Salary InformationThere are numerous phlebotomy jobs available for the trained phlebotomist. These include trainee positions to a position as a fully qualified phlebotomist. Average salary for a trained phlebotomist is approximately $29,000 per annum, which may vary according to your training and the place where you are located.
If you are planning to train as a phlebotomist, then it is best that you research the subject thoroughly. You should also be able to be pick up blood samples and draw blood when needed.