Becoming a PhlebotomistBecoming a phlebotomist in Philadelphia will require that you go through phlebotomy training. Great places to find such training are through schools that offer phlebotomy certification in Philadelphia. For the most part, such training will last about six to 10 weeks. Upon graduating from phlebotomy training in Philadelphia, you will then be adequately prepared to fill entry-level phlebotomist positions. Before you enter into a training program, you will first need a high school diploma or something to its equivalency. Most employers will also mandate that you pass a background check. In addition, most will take a look at your health records, making sure that you are up-to-date on your immunizations.
Choosing a Phlebotomy Training ProgramAs you go about acquiring your phlebotomy certification Philadelphia, you need to make sure that the training program you take part in is accredited. If it’s not, the credential that you end up graduating with may not be looked upon favorably by employers. It is the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences that accredits phlebotomy training programs, so you need to make sure that the program you enroll is is NAACLS accredited.
Earning Your CertificationAny accredited phlebotomy training program will include at least 120 hours of clinical experience as well as 42 hours of classroom lectures. Some of the main course subjects covered in a phlebotomy training program include:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Health care law
- Medical terminology
- National Healthcareer Association
- American Medical Technologists
- American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians
Preparing for Your Certification ExamTo successfully prepare for your phlebotomy certification exam, you will find it very helpful to take part in hands-on workshops. Such workshops usually last anywhere from one to three days.
Continuing Your EducationDepending on your place of employment, your employer may mandate that you continue your education on a regular basis. If the employer implements this rule, most times, you will be required to obtain five to six hours of continuing education hours on a yearly basis. If you are wanting to use your phlebotomy training to transition into another healthcare position, the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians can help you with this.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assisting-Associates
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
- Respiratory Therapy
Orion College is a post-secondary vocational school offering Associate Degree programs in Business Administration, Medical Assisting and Healthcare Management.. By utilizing online learning, students have the flexibility to continue their education from the convenience of their own home. Our virtual classrooms will enable students to attend classes and communicate with instructors and classmates. Students can complete some programs without leaving their current employment or sacrificing family time.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)