Popular Phlebotomy Training Programs in Sacramento
- Elk Grove Union High School District Regional Occupational Program on Grandstaff Ave. Students must be at least 17 years old and the phlebotomy training course goes for one semester, allowing the student to earn up to 15 credits. A 40-hour externship is required, then the student must complete a national exam to get a state license. Classes in anatomy and physiology prior to the program are recommended.
- MTI College on Madison Ave in Sacramento offers phlebotomy training at the college level, providing a standalone program or an add-on to a medical assistant program. Following the course, students must take the National Certified Phlebotomy Technician exam, plus a 40-hour externship program.
- Los Rios Community College District on Spanos Court prepares students for entry-level jobs, with more than 70 programs, including one for phlebotomy certification.
- Other phlebotomy training schools just outside Sacramento include Folsom Lake College in Placerville, Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health in Stockton, Sierra College in Roseville and National Career Education in Rancho Cordova.
The annual median wage for phlebotomists on a national level is about $30,000 per year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, with the potential to make up to $42,000 or more per year. California in particular employs about 10,000 phlebotomists, featuring the highest employment level for this occupation. It is also the second top paying state for this occupation, making an annual mean wage of 38,430. Stockton, CA, is the second highest paying metro area, with an annual mean wage of $46,920.
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Vocational Nursing
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
- Respiratory Therapy
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- One of the largest massage therapy schools in the nation, leader in massage therapy education for over 30 years.
- First massage school in California to be nationally accredited.
- Convenient Morning, Afternoon & Evening Schedules across all 7 campuses, choose the schedule that best fits your lifestyle.
- NHI offers lifetime career placement assistance and holds partnerships with a variety of employers.
- Our mission is to help you find work you love. In 2013 & 2014 over 87% of our graduates were working in the field of massage therapy.
- Massage Therapy/Therapist
- Pharmacy Technician
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- MPH - Master of Public Health (Online)