Popular Phlebotomy Training Programs in Sacramento
- Elk Grove Union High School District Regional Occupational Program on Grandstaff Ave. Students must be at least 17 years old and the phlebotomy training course goes for one semester, allowing the student to earn up to 15 credits. A 40-hour externship is required, then the student must complete a national exam to get a state license. Classes in anatomy and physiology prior to the program are recommended.
- MTI College on Madison Ave in Sacramento offers phlebotomy training at the college level, providing a standalone program or an add-on to a medical assistant program. Following the course, students must take the National Certified Phlebotomy Technician exam, plus a 40-hour externship program.
- Los Rios Community College District on Spanos Court prepares students for entry-level jobs, with more than 70 programs, including one for phlebotomy certification.
- Other phlebotomy training schools just outside Sacramento include Folsom Lake College in Placerville, Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health in Stockton, Sierra College in Roseville and National Career Education in Rancho Cordova.
The annual median wage for phlebotomists on a national level is about $30,000 per year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, with the potential to make up to $42,000 or more per year. California in particular employs about 10,000 phlebotomists, featuring the highest employment level for this occupation. It is also the second top paying state for this occupation, making an annual mean wage of 38,430. Stockton, CA, is the second highest paying metro area, with an annual mean wage of $46,920.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
At UEI College and United Education Institute, our supportive faculty and staff are committed to helping you build a life and a future you can be proud of! We have dedicated financial aid representatives who will meet with you one-on one-to help you explore your payment options. Tutoring is available for when you need extra help and once it’s time to look for jobs, a dedicated career services representative will help you with your resume, interview skills and employer connections!
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Billing & Insurance Coding (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification