For anyone interested in a career in Phlebotomy in South Dakota, training, requirements and job opportunities are available. There are programs that offer full time associate’s degrees on one side of the spectrum, and those that offer the minimum training to get into the field as a technician and get working as soon as possible.
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota
Training for Phlebotomists in South Dakota can range from minimal training to be come a technician, to 20 month programs that fully train an individual to be ready to be a certified Phlebotomist. If one would like to become a Phlebotomist with further training and earn a degree, this can be acquired at one of the various accredited schools across the state. Another way to increase employment and sometimes is required is obtaining the phlebotomy certification exam.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota
Training involves both classroom and clinical training. Clinics will get students ready for real world encounters they will see once they are in the field. The time it takes to become ready for certification is about 9 to 12 months. One can also go on to obtain an Associate’s degree. Going to an accredited school such as the ones listed earlier will strengthen your training and job prospects.
Phlebotomists will be working directly with patients so job skills should be acquired through training before one is ready to work in the field. There are the technical aspects of the job, but also working with patients and having a sound understanding of human anatomy. Both training in and out of the classroom are a must for Phlebotomists to be ready for jobs in the field.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota jobs including average salary information
South Dakota has plenty of options for Phlebotomists. Working in larger hospitals and cities will bring more career opportunities, but smaller locales also hire Phlebotomists. Phlebolomists in South Dakota can expect to make roughly $26,000 a year. These jobs are in demand and are expected to keep rising in the upcoming years.
If one is looking for a career in Phlebotomy, it is easy to find the right training and get started on your career in South Dakota. With increased demand, this is a skill that will be sought after and a secure employment option.
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
More Phlebotomy Classes in South Dakota
|Sanford Health||1305 W. 18th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57117||http://www.sanfordhealth.org/Careers/EducationalOpportunities/PhlebotomyProgram|
|Southeast Technical Institute||2320 N Career Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57107||http://www.southeasttech.edu/futurestudents/degrees/healthtechnology/phlebotomypatientcaretechnician/|
|Western Dakota Tech||800 Mickelson Drive, Rapid City, SD 57703||http://www.wdt.edu/degree-programs/phlebotomy-laboratory-assistant/|
|Globe University||5101 S Broadband Ln Sioux Falls, SD 57108||http://www.globeuniversity.edu/campus-locations/south-dakota/sioux-falls-sd.aspx|