For anyone interested in a career in Phlebotomy in South Dakota, training, requirements and job opportunities are available. There are programs that offer full time associate’s degrees on one side of the spectrum, and those that offer the minimum training to get into the field as a technician and get working as soon as possible.
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota
Training for Phlebotomists in South Dakota can range from minimal training to be come a technician, to 20 month programs that fully train an individual to be ready to be a certified Phlebotomist. If one would like to become a Phlebotomist with further training and earn a degree, this can be acquired at one of the various accredited schools across the state. Another way to increase employment and sometimes is required is obtaining the phlebotomy certification exam.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota
Training involves both classroom and clinical training. Clinics will get students ready for real world encounters they will see once they are in the field. The time it takes to become ready for certification is about 9 to 12 months. One can also go on to obtain an Associate’s degree. Going to an accredited school such as the ones listed earlier will strengthen your training and job prospects.
Phlebotomists will be working directly with patients so job skills should be acquired through training before one is ready to work in the field. There are the technical aspects of the job, but also working with patients and having a sound understanding of human anatomy. Both training in and out of the classroom are a must for Phlebotomists to be ready for jobs in the field.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota jobs including average salary information
South Dakota has plenty of options for Phlebotomists. Working in larger hospitals and cities will bring more career opportunities, but smaller locales also hire Phlebotomists. Phlebolomists in South Dakota can expect to make roughly $26,000 a year. These jobs are in demand and are expected to keep rising in the upcoming years.
If one is looking for a career in Phlebotomy, it is easy to find the right training and get started on your career in South Dakota. With increased demand, this is a skill that will be sought after and a secure employment option.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
More Phlebotomy Classes in South Dakota
|Sanford Health||1305 W. 18th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57117||http://www.sanfordhealth.org/Careers/EducationalOpportunities/PhlebotomyProgram|
|Southeast Technical Institute||2320 N Career Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57107||http://www.southeasttech.edu/futurestudents/degrees/healthtechnology/phlebotomypatientcaretechnician/|
|Western Dakota Tech||800 Mickelson Drive, Rapid City, SD 57703||http://www.wdt.edu/degree-programs/phlebotomy-laboratory-assistant/|
|Globe University||5101 S Broadband Ln Sioux Falls, SD 57108||http://www.globeuniversity.edu/campus-locations/south-dakota/sioux-falls-sd.aspx|