For anyone interested in a career in Phlebotomy in South Dakota, training, requirements and job opportunities are available. There are programs that offer full time associate’s degrees on one side of the spectrum, and those that offer the minimum training to get into the field as a technician and get working as soon as possible.
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota
Training for Phlebotomists in South Dakota can range from minimal training to be come a technician, to 20 month programs that fully train an individual to be ready to be a certified Phlebotomist. If one would like to become a Phlebotomist with further training and earn a degree, this can be acquired at one of the various accredited schools across the state. Another way to increase employment and sometimes is required is obtaining the phlebotomy certification exam.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota
Training involves both classroom and clinical training. Clinics will get students ready for real world encounters they will see once they are in the field. The time it takes to become ready for certification is about 9 to 12 months. One can also go on to obtain an Associate’s degree. Going to an accredited school such as the ones listed earlier will strengthen your training and job prospects.
Phlebotomists will be working directly with patients so job skills should be acquired through training before one is ready to work in the field. There are the technical aspects of the job, but also working with patients and having a sound understanding of human anatomy. Both training in and out of the classroom are a must for Phlebotomists to be ready for jobs in the field.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota jobs including average salary information
South Dakota has plenty of options for Phlebotomists. Working in larger hospitals and cities will bring more career opportunities, but smaller locales also hire Phlebotomists. Phlebolomists in South Dakota can expect to make roughly $26,000 a year. These jobs are in demand and are expected to keep rising in the upcoming years.
If one is looking for a career in Phlebotomy, it is easy to find the right training and get started on your career in South Dakota. With increased demand, this is a skill that will be sought after and a secure employment option.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Billing and Coding
- Degree - Medical Billing and Coding
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
More Phlebotomy Classes in South Dakota
|Sanford Health||1305 W. 18th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57117||http://www.sanfordhealth.org/Careers/EducationalOpportunities/PhlebotomyProgram|
|Southeast Technical Institute||2320 N Career Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57107||http://www.southeasttech.edu/futurestudents/degrees/healthtechnology/phlebotomypatientcaretechnician/|
|Western Dakota Tech||800 Mickelson Drive, Rapid City, SD 57703||http://www.wdt.edu/degree-programs/phlebotomy-laboratory-assistant/|
|Globe University||5101 S Broadband Ln Sioux Falls, SD 57108||http://www.globeuniversity.edu/campus-locations/south-dakota/sioux-falls-sd.aspx|