For anyone interested in a career in Phlebotomy in South Dakota, training, requirements and job opportunities are available. There are programs that offer full time associate’s degrees on one side of the spectrum, and those that offer the minimum training to get into the field as a technician and get working as soon as possible.
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota
Training for Phlebotomists in South Dakota can range from minimal training to be come a technician, to 20 month programs that fully train an individual to be ready to be a certified Phlebotomist. If one would like to become a Phlebotomist with further training and earn a degree, this can be acquired at one of the various accredited schools across the state. Another way to increase employment and sometimes is required is obtaining the phlebotomy certification exam.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota
Training involves both classroom and clinical training. Clinics will get students ready for real world encounters they will see once they are in the field. The time it takes to become ready for certification is about 9 to 12 months. One can also go on to obtain an Associate’s degree. Going to an accredited school such as the ones listed earlier will strengthen your training and job prospects.
Phlebotomists will be working directly with patients so job skills should be acquired through training before one is ready to work in the field. There are the technical aspects of the job, but also working with patients and having a sound understanding of human anatomy. Both training in and out of the classroom are a must for Phlebotomists to be ready for jobs in the field.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota jobs including average salary information
South Dakota has plenty of options for Phlebotomists. Working in larger hospitals and cities will bring more career opportunities, but smaller locales also hire Phlebotomists. Phlebolomists in South Dakota can expect to make roughly $26,000 a year. These jobs are in demand and are expected to keep rising in the upcoming years.
If one is looking for a career in Phlebotomy, it is easy to find the right training and get started on your career in South Dakota. With increased demand, this is a skill that will be sought after and a secure employment option.
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Health Care Management B.S.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- MPH - Master of Public Health (Online)
More Phlebotomy Classes in South Dakota
|Sanford Health||1305 W. 18th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57117||http://www.sanfordhealth.org/Careers/EducationalOpportunities/PhlebotomyProgram|
|Southeast Technical Institute||2320 N Career Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57107||http://www.southeasttech.edu/futurestudents/degrees/healthtechnology/phlebotomypatientcaretechnician/|
|Western Dakota Tech||800 Mickelson Drive, Rapid City, SD 57703||http://www.wdt.edu/degree-programs/phlebotomy-laboratory-assistant/|
|Globe University||5101 S Broadband Ln Sioux Falls, SD 57108||http://www.globeuniversity.edu/campus-locations/south-dakota/sioux-falls-sd.aspx|