For anyone interested in a career in Phlebotomy in South Dakota, training, requirements and job opportunities are available. There are programs that offer full time associate’s degrees on one side of the spectrum, and those that offer the minimum training to get into the field as a technician and get working as soon as possible.
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota
Training for Phlebotomists in South Dakota can range from minimal training to be come a technician, to 20 month programs that fully train an individual to be ready to be a certified Phlebotomist. If one would like to become a Phlebotomist with further training and earn a degree, this can be acquired at one of the various accredited schools across the state. Another way to increase employment and sometimes is required is obtaining the phlebotomy certification exam.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota
Training involves both classroom and clinical training. Clinics will get students ready for real world encounters they will see once they are in the field. The time it takes to become ready for certification is about 9 to 12 months. One can also go on to obtain an Associate’s degree. Going to an accredited school such as the ones listed earlier will strengthen your training and job prospects.
Phlebotomists will be working directly with patients so job skills should be acquired through training before one is ready to work in the field. There are the technical aspects of the job, but also working with patients and having a sound understanding of human anatomy. Both training in and out of the classroom are a must for Phlebotomists to be ready for jobs in the field.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in South Dakota jobs including average salary information
South Dakota has plenty of options for Phlebotomists. Working in larger hospitals and cities will bring more career opportunities, but smaller locales also hire Phlebotomists. Phlebolomists in South Dakota can expect to make roughly $26,000 a year. These jobs are in demand and are expected to keep rising in the upcoming years.
If one is looking for a career in Phlebotomy, it is easy to find the right training and get started on your career in South Dakota. With increased demand, this is a skill that will be sought after and a secure employment option.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student. Our nursing degrees offer the cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills needed in today’s dynamic, evolving health care industry.
- RN to BS
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- And more...
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- MPH - Master of Public Health (Online)
More Phlebotomy Classes in South Dakota
|Sanford Health||1305 W. 18th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57117||http://www.sanfordhealth.org/Careers/EducationalOpportunities/PhlebotomyProgram|
|Southeast Technical Institute||2320 N Career Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57107||http://www.southeasttech.edu/futurestudents/degrees/healthtechnology/phlebotomypatientcaretechnician/|
|Western Dakota Tech||800 Mickelson Drive, Rapid City, SD 57703||http://www.wdt.edu/degree-programs/phlebotomy-laboratory-assistant/|
|Globe University||5101 S Broadband Ln Sioux Falls, SD 57108||http://www.globeuniversity.edu/campus-locations/south-dakota/sioux-falls-sd.aspx|