Tennessee has some of the best Phlebotomy training programs in the country. While it’s not mandatory to be certified in phlebotomy in the state of Tennessee, many employers are requiring it for hire. Many entry-level phlebotomist positions require prior experience. It’s difficult to get experience if no one will hire without experience. The best way to fulfill the experience requirement is to complete a phlebotomy training program with clinical experience. Becoming nationally certified as a phlebotomist makes candidates more marketable in Tennessee and other states. National Phlebotomy Certification requires candidates to complete a formal training program, several hours of clinical practice, and pass a certifying examination. Training programs are offered in and around many of the major cities of Tennessee.
This is a great time to pursue a phlebotomist career in Tennessee. There’s a 10 to 19% projected job growth rate. The average annual salary range is $23,000 to $30,000. Salaries are dependent on settings, experience level, formal training, and location. Chattanooga phlebotomists earn $27,218 compared to Memphis phlebotomists earning $29,988. The salary range for Tennessee phlebotomists is fifty percent lower than the national average salary. Cost of living varies considerably across states. The average home costs $73,000 in Memphis compared to $480,000 single family homes in San Diego.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Available programs include Health Administrative Services, Human, Social, and Health Services, Medical Billing Administration, and Medical Office Management.
- Professional financial aid advisors work with students individually to find the best financial aid solution.
- All programs are 100% online.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Medical Billing Administrative Specialist - Associate of Applied Science
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Medical Assisting, Associate of Science
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Dental Assisting, Associates Degree
- And more...
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Billing and Coding
- Degree - Medical Billing and Coding
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AS Medical Assisting
- BS Health Science w/Con Nuclear Medicine
- And more...
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- Clinical Office Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant - Diploma
- And more...
More Phlebotomy Classes in Tennessee
|Academy of Allied Health Careers||5600 Brainerd Rd., Suite C-3, Chattanooga, TN 37411||http://www.aahctn.com/phleb.htm|
|Allied Health Careers Institute||1800 S. Rutherford Blvd., Suite 103, Murfreesboro, TN 37130||http://ahcitn.com/Courses/Phlebotomy/|
|American Red Cross||6921 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville, TN 37909||http://www.redcross.org/ct/take-a-class/cna-and-phlebotomy-ekg-programs|
|Austin Peay State University||601 College Street, Clarksville, TN 37044||http://www.apsu.edu/|
|East Tennessee State University||PO Box 70267, Johnson City, TN 37614||http://www.etsu.edu/academicaffairs/scs/professionaldevelopment/career.aspx|
|EduMed Partners||907 Rivergate Pky, Goodlettsville, TN 37072||http://www.edumed-partners.com/phlebotomist/|
|Jackson State Community College||2046 North Parkway, Jackson, TN 38301||http://www.jscc.edu/academics/certificates/phlebotomy.html|
|Miller-Motte College||6020 Shallowford Road Suite 100, Chattanooga, TN 37421||http://www.miller-motte.edu/campuses/mississippi-campuses/gulfport-ms/141-phlebotomy-technician|
|Prepare To Care Training Center, LLC||750 Broad Street NW, Suite 201, Cleveland, TN 37311||http://www.prepare-2-care.com/CPT.html|
|Roane State Community College||276 Patton Lane, Harriman, TN 37748||http://www.roanestate.edu/?5632-Continuing-Healthcare-and-Safety-Education|
|Southwest Tennessee Community College||5983 Macon Cove, Memphis, TN 38134||http://catalog.southwest.tn.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=1&poid=13&returnto=47|
|Tennessee Drug & Alcohol||207 Gill Street, Alcoa, TN 37701||http://www.tndac.org/services.html#5|
|The University of Tennessee||554 University Street, Martin, TN 38237||http://www.conferencesandnoncreditprograms.utk.edu/professional/healthcare/phlebotomy.html|
|The University of Tennessee||1331 Circle Park Drive, Knoxville, TN 37916||http://www.conferencesandnoncreditprograms.utk.edu/professional/healthcare/phlebotomy.html|
|Vanderbilt University Medical Center||1211 Medical Center Drive, Nashville, TN 37232||http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=phlebotomyeducation|
|Walters State Community College||500 South Davy Crockett Parkway, Morristown, TN 37813||http://www.adulteddata.com/CDIhelp/resources/cpt-descr-TN_Walters_State_Community_College.html|
|West Tennessee Business College||1186 Hwy 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN 38301||http://wtbc.edu/diploma_phlebotomy_technician.php|
|Tennessee Technology Center||100 White Bridge Road, Nashville, TN 37209||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||1233 E. College Street, Pulaski, TN 38478||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||1100 Liberty Street, Knoxville, TN 37919||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||1303 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||716 McMurry Blvd, Hartsville, TN 37074||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||355 Scott High Drive, Huntsville, TN 37756||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|