Tennessee has some of the best Phlebotomy training programs in the country. While it’s not mandatory to be certified in phlebotomy in the state of Tennessee, many employers are requiring it for hire. Many entry-level phlebotomist positions require prior experience. It’s difficult to get experience if no one will hire without experience. The best way to fulfill the experience requirement is to complete a phlebotomy training program with clinical experience. Becoming nationally certified as a phlebotomist makes candidates more marketable in Tennessee and other states. National Phlebotomy Certification requires candidates to complete a formal training program, several hours of clinical practice, and pass a certifying examination. Training programs are offered in and around many of the major cities of Tennessee.
This is a great time to pursue a phlebotomist career in Tennessee. There’s a 10 to 19% projected job growth rate. The average annual salary range is $23,000 to $30,000. Salaries are dependent on settings, experience level, formal training, and location. Chattanooga phlebotomists earn $27,218 compared to Memphis phlebotomists earning $29,988. The salary range for Tennessee phlebotomists is fifty percent lower than the national average salary. Cost of living varies considerably across states. The average home costs $73,000 in Memphis compared to $480,000 single family homes in San Diego.
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- BS Health Science
- And more...
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
More Phlebotomy Classes in Tennessee
|Academy of Allied Health Careers||5600 Brainerd Rd., Suite C-3, Chattanooga, TN 37411||http://www.aahctn.com/phleb.htm|
|Allied Health Careers Institute||1800 S. Rutherford Blvd., Suite 103, Murfreesboro, TN 37130||http://ahcitn.com/Courses/Phlebotomy/|
|American Red Cross||6921 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville, TN 37909||http://www.redcross.org/ct/take-a-class/cna-and-phlebotomy-ekg-programs|
|Austin Peay State University||601 College Street, Clarksville, TN 37044||http://www.apsu.edu/|
|East Tennessee State University||PO Box 70267, Johnson City, TN 37614||http://www.etsu.edu/academicaffairs/scs/professionaldevelopment/career.aspx|
|EduMed Partners||907 Rivergate Pky, Goodlettsville, TN 37072||http://www.edumed-partners.com/phlebotomist/|
|Jackson State Community College||2046 North Parkway, Jackson, TN 38301||http://www.jscc.edu/academics/certificates/phlebotomy.html|
|Miller-Motte College||6020 Shallowford Road Suite 100, Chattanooga, TN 37421||http://www.miller-motte.edu/campuses/mississippi-campuses/gulfport-ms/141-phlebotomy-technician|
|Prepare To Care Training Center, LLC||750 Broad Street NW, Suite 201, Cleveland, TN 37311||http://www.prepare-2-care.com/CPT.html|
|Roane State Community College||276 Patton Lane, Harriman, TN 37748||http://www.roanestate.edu/?5632-Continuing-Healthcare-and-Safety-Education|
|Southwest Tennessee Community College||5983 Macon Cove, Memphis, TN 38134||http://catalog.southwest.tn.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=1&poid=13&returnto=47|
|Tennessee Drug & Alcohol||207 Gill Street, Alcoa, TN 37701||http://www.tndac.org/services.html#5|
|The University of Tennessee||554 University Street, Martin, TN 38237||http://www.conferencesandnoncreditprograms.utk.edu/professional/healthcare/phlebotomy.html|
|The University of Tennessee||1331 Circle Park Drive, Knoxville, TN 37916||http://www.conferencesandnoncreditprograms.utk.edu/professional/healthcare/phlebotomy.html|
|Vanderbilt University Medical Center||1211 Medical Center Drive, Nashville, TN 37232||http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=phlebotomyeducation|
|Walters State Community College||500 South Davy Crockett Parkway, Morristown, TN 37813||http://www.adulteddata.com/CDIhelp/resources/cpt-descr-TN_Walters_State_Community_College.html|
|West Tennessee Business College||1186 Hwy 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN 38301||http://wtbc.edu/diploma_phlebotomy_technician.php|
|Tennessee Technology Center||100 White Bridge Road, Nashville, TN 37209||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||1233 E. College Street, Pulaski, TN 38478||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||1100 Liberty Street, Knoxville, TN 37919||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||1303 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||716 McMurry Blvd, Hartsville, TN 37074||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||355 Scott High Drive, Huntsville, TN 37756||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|