Phlebotomy is one of the most in demand jobs in Texas’ medical community. Several large training institutes and several smaller phlebotomy program in Texas make it easy to get trained for this profession and start working. Here are some of the facts on phlebotomy careers and training in Texas.
Phlebotomy training in Texas follows a national curriculum that prepares students to enter the profession. The training includes 2-3 months of hands on experience and course work, and then it culminates in each student sitting for a national proficiency exam. Students who want to become licensed in the profession need to complete their coursework adequately and then pass the national exam. A number of schools in the state have their own phlebotomy training programs, including Houston, Austin, Round Rock, and Waco. For more information on how to find a phlebotomy school in Texas, visit the following link: http://phlebotomisttrainingcenter.com/phlebotomy-training-in-texas/
The core of the course lies in learning to collect and analyze blood and urine samples. Students need to master the knowledge behind the process as well as the technical skills involved. Supervisors make sure that students learn each skill set correctly.
Phlebotomy Job Market in Texas
Now is a good time to choose a career in phlebotomy. Searches on traditional and online job boards turn up hundreds of jobs across the state of Texas. These jobs can be found at hospitals and at specialty health centers such as university medical centers or nursing homes. The salary for a phlebotomy technician in Texas is between $25,000 and $30,000, but this varies based on the city of the work, the type of clinic, and the amount of experience a technician has.
Choosing a Phlebotomy School
There are so many phlebotomy programs in Texas that it is necessary to be critical of each possible program. Some are better than others. Likewise, some prepare you well for the national test while others leave out critical parts of the training that you will need. It is always a good idea to make sure that your school is accredited. Before signing up with the school, compare the competencies that you’ll need to pass the test with the course work offered at the institution. If there are some areas that don’t seem to be covered, you should make sure that they are.
Talking with a representative from each institution can help you decide which school is the best fit for you. You will want to be sure to ask about the support you’ll be given.
Schools that offer extra practice or reviews for students who aren’t grasping parts of the material will prepare their students better for their future careers. The number or students per class is also a key fact. Those schools that have large classes may not offer their students enough one on one supervision. When class sizes are small, students have more access to help and can progress faster. Doing a good job in choosing a phlebotomy school takes time, but it’s a necessary step to succeeding in this career.
- Offers several program options in healthcare and wellness, skilled trades, and business.
- Provides career assistance services including resume and cover letter writing, interview prep, and professional partnerships with regional employers for employment opportunities.
- Classes start every month.
- Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) for the San Antonio branch.
- 5 campuses in Brownsville, Corpus Christi, McAllen, San Antonio, and Weslaco.
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Further Your Career with a Billing and Coding Diploma from Fortis!
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Healthcare Administration, Health Informatics, Nursing and Health Sciences Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Health and Medical Assisting Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Medical Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!