Are you interested in a career where you can be part of the medical profession and help prevent illness and disease? If so, you may find a career as a phlebotomy technician to be quite rewarding. Learn how easy it is to complete phlebotomy training in Utah and become a nationally certified phlebotomy technician.
What Does a Phlebotomy Technician Do?
A phlebotomy technician (phlebotomist) draws blood for transfusions and experimentation for the purpose of diagnosing and treating illness or disease. Their job duties may also include taking and documenting vital signs, preparing blood samples for testing, taking medical histories, explaining procedures to patients, sterilizing supplies and disposing of contaminated supplies. Phlebotomists may find work in hospitals, clinics, medical laboratories and physicians’ offices.
What Is Phlebotomy Training in Utah Like?
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are at least five schools that offer phlebotomy training in Utah. The training programs, usually certificate or diploma programs, can typically be completed in less than a year. As a phlebotomy student, you’ll complete courses in medical assisting procedures, medical office records and communication, medical asepsis and government regulations, electronic health records and taking vital signs. A major part of the curriculum consists of clinical education where you’ll receive hands on training performing actual phlebotomy procedures. The phlebotomy training usually also includes CPR certification; however, some schools may require it as a prerequisite. Prior to starting phlebotomy training in Utah, students are required to submit to a health screening and criminal background check.
What is the Career Outlook for Phlebotomy Technicians
Phlebotomy technicians are grouped under the category of medical and clinical laboratory technicians by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). According to the BLS, these medical professionals can expect an employment growth of up to 13% between 2010 and 2020. As of May 2012, there were 1,590 medical and clinical laboratory technologists and technicians employed in Utah.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - fully online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
More Phlebotomy Classes in Utah
|Davis Applied Technology College||550 E 300 S, Kaysville, UT, 84037||http://www.datc.edu/phlebotomist|
|Dixie State College of Utah||225 S. 700 E., St George, UT 84770||http://new.dixie.edu/health/phlebotomy/index.php|
|Nursing Education Center||PO Box 1135, Bountiful, UT 84011||http://www.cnacareers.com/training/phlebotomyTraining.php|
|Phlebotomy Training Specialists||5248 South Pinemont Drive, Suite #C-250, Murray, UT 84123||http://www.drawblood.net/|
|Southwest Applied Technology college||510 West 800 South, Cedar City, UT 84720||http://www.swatc.edu/Health_Science|
|Tooele Applied Technology College||66 W. Vine Street, Tooele, UT||http://www.tatc.edu/programs/healthcare/phlebotomy.php|
|Oquirrh Mountain Phlebotomy School LLC||5284 South Commerce Drive, Murray, UT 84107||http://utahphlebotomyschool.com/|
|The University of Utah||1901 East South Campus Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112||https://app.healthcare.utah.edu/TrainingClassSchedule/course.htm?id=22|
|Salt Lake Community College||4600 South Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84123||http://www.slcc.edu/sat/programs/healthcare/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Utah State University||Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322||http://catalog.usu.edu/preview_course_nopop.php?catoid=4&coid=18009|
|Intermountain Healthcare||9660 S. 1300 E., Sandy, UT 84094||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||170 N. 1100 E., American Fork, UT 84003||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||905 W 1000 N, Tremonton, UT 84337||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||36 So. State Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84111||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||6013 South Redwood Road, Taylorsville, UT 84123||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||247 North 100 East Street, Orem, UT 84057||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||751 E. 150 S Professional Way, Payson, UT 84651||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||51 East 150 South, Santaquin, UT 84655||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|The Utah School of Phlebotomy||4141 South Highland Drive, Suite 350, Salt Lake City, UT 84124||http://www.utahphleb.com/index.php|
|The Utah School of Phlebotomy||865 North Freedom Blvd, Provo, UT 84604||http://www.utahphleb.com/index.php|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||American Fork Campus ,766 East Bamberger Drive, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Orem Campus ,1410 West Business Park Drive, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Spanish Fork Campus ,1200 South Del Monte Road, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Thanksgiving Point Christmas ,2301 West Ashton BLVD, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|