Are you interested in a career where you can be part of the medical profession and help prevent illness and disease? If so, you may find a career as a phlebotomy technician to be quite rewarding. Learn how easy it is to complete phlebotomy training in Utah and become a nationally certified phlebotomy technician.
What Does a Phlebotomy Technician Do?
A phlebotomy technician (phlebotomist) draws blood for transfusions and experimentation for the purpose of diagnosing and treating illness or disease. Their job duties may also include taking and documenting vital signs, preparing blood samples for testing, taking medical histories, explaining procedures to patients, sterilizing supplies and disposing of contaminated supplies. Phlebotomists may find work in hospitals, clinics, medical laboratories and physicians’ offices.
What Is Phlebotomy Training in Utah Like?
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are at least five schools that offer phlebotomy training in Utah. The training programs, usually certificate or diploma programs, can typically be completed in less than a year. As a phlebotomy student, you’ll complete courses in medical assisting procedures, medical office records and communication, medical asepsis and government regulations, electronic health records and taking vital signs. A major part of the curriculum consists of clinical education where you’ll receive hands on training performing actual phlebotomy procedures. The phlebotomy training usually also includes CPR certification; however, some schools may require it as a prerequisite. Prior to starting phlebotomy training in Utah, students are required to submit to a health screening and criminal background check.
What is the Career Outlook for Phlebotomy Technicians
Phlebotomy technicians are grouped under the category of medical and clinical laboratory technicians by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). According to the BLS, these medical professionals can expect an employment growth of up to 13% between 2010 and 2020. As of May 2012, there were 1,590 medical and clinical laboratory technologists and technicians employed in Utah.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Dental Assisting
- And more...
Orion College is a post-secondary vocational school offering Associate Degree programs in Business Administration, Medical Assisting and Healthcare Management.. By utilizing online learning, students have the flexibility to continue their education from the convenience of their own home. Our virtual classrooms will enable students to attend classes and communicate with instructors and classmates. Students can complete some programs without leaving their current employment or sacrificing family time.
- Medical Assisting
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
At Broadveiw University, we prepare students for exciting careers in high-value fields. Imagine getting paid for what you love doing. It all starts with career-based training at Broadview University.
- Associate in Applied Science in Veterinary Technology
More Phlebotomy Classes in Utah
|Davis Applied Technology College||550 E 300 S, Kaysville, UT, 84037||http://www.datc.edu/phlebotomist|
|Dixie State College of Utah||225 S. 700 E., St George, UT 84770||http://new.dixie.edu/health/phlebotomy/index.php|
|Nursing Education Center||PO Box 1135, Bountiful, UT 84011||http://www.cnacareers.com/training/phlebotomyTraining.php|
|Phlebotomy Training Specialists||5248 South Pinemont Drive, Suite #C-250, Murray, UT 84123||http://www.drawblood.net/|
|Southwest Applied Technology college||510 West 800 South, Cedar City, UT 84720||http://www.swatc.edu/Health_Science|
|Tooele Applied Technology College||66 W. Vine Street, Tooele, UT||http://www.tatc.edu/programs/healthcare/phlebotomy.php|
|Oquirrh Mountain Phlebotomy School LLC||5284 South Commerce Drive, Murray, UT 84107||http://utahphlebotomyschool.com/|
|The University of Utah||1901 East South Campus Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112||https://app.healthcare.utah.edu/TrainingClassSchedule/course.htm?id=22|
|Salt Lake Community College||4600 South Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84123||http://www.slcc.edu/sat/programs/healthcare/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Utah State University||Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322||http://catalog.usu.edu/preview_course_nopop.php?catoid=4&coid=18009|
|Intermountain Healthcare||9660 S. 1300 E., Sandy, UT 84094||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||170 N. 1100 E., American Fork, UT 84003||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||905 W 1000 N, Tremonton, UT 84337||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||36 So. State Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84111||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||6013 South Redwood Road, Taylorsville, UT 84123||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||247 North 100 East Street, Orem, UT 84057||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||751 E. 150 S Professional Way, Payson, UT 84651||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||51 East 150 South, Santaquin, UT 84655||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|The Utah School of Phlebotomy||4141 South Highland Drive, Suite 350, Salt Lake City, UT 84124||http://www.utahphleb.com/index.php|
|The Utah School of Phlebotomy||865 North Freedom Blvd, Provo, UT 84604||http://www.utahphleb.com/index.php|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||American Fork Campus ,766 East Bamberger Drive, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Orem Campus ,1410 West Business Park Drive, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Spanish Fork Campus ,1200 South Del Monte Road, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Thanksgiving Point Christmas ,2301 West Ashton BLVD, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|