Are you interested in a career where you can be part of the medical profession and help prevent illness and disease? If so, you may find a career as a phlebotomy technician to be quite rewarding. Learn how easy it is to complete phlebotomy training in Utah and become a nationally certified phlebotomy technician.
What Does a Phlebotomy Technician Do?
A phlebotomy technician (phlebotomist) draws blood for transfusions and experimentation for the purpose of diagnosing and treating illness or disease. Their job duties may also include taking and documenting vital signs, preparing blood samples for testing, taking medical histories, explaining procedures to patients, sterilizing supplies and disposing of contaminated supplies. Phlebotomists may find work in hospitals, clinics, medical laboratories and physicians’ offices.
What Is Phlebotomy Training in Utah Like?
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are at least five schools that offer phlebotomy training in Utah. The training programs, usually certificate or diploma programs, can typically be completed in less than a year. As a phlebotomy student, you’ll complete courses in medical assisting procedures, medical office records and communication, medical asepsis and government regulations, electronic health records and taking vital signs. A major part of the curriculum consists of clinical education where you’ll receive hands on training performing actual phlebotomy procedures. The phlebotomy training usually also includes CPR certification; however, some schools may require it as a prerequisite. Prior to starting phlebotomy training in Utah, students are required to submit to a health screening and criminal background check.
What is the Career Outlook for Phlebotomy Technicians
Phlebotomy technicians are grouped under the category of medical and clinical laboratory technicians by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). According to the BLS, these medical professionals can expect an employment growth of up to 13% between 2010 and 2020. As of May 2012, there were 1,590 medical and clinical laboratory technologists and technicians employed in Utah.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
- Turn your fascination of the human mind into a career path - earn your Psychology degree!
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in psychology from GCU can give you the tools to pursue a career path in psychology.
- Just starting out? Our Bachelor of Science in Psychology can prepare you for an entry-level position or be a stepping stone to an advanced degree.
- Already in the field? Deepen your understanding with a Master's in General Psychology, or specialize in Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- Online programs make it easy and convenient to take classes at home. Master's programs are also offered in the evenings at various locations.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and learn about our various psychology programs!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Dental Assisting
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
More Phlebotomy Classes in Utah
|Davis Applied Technology College||550 E 300 S, Kaysville, UT, 84037||http://www.datc.edu/phlebotomist|
|Dixie State College of Utah||225 S. 700 E., St George, UT 84770||http://new.dixie.edu/health/phlebotomy/index.php|
|Nursing Education Center||PO Box 1135, Bountiful, UT 84011||http://www.cnacareers.com/training/phlebotomyTraining.php|
|Phlebotomy Training Specialists||5248 South Pinemont Drive, Suite #C-250, Murray, UT 84123||http://www.drawblood.net/|
|Southwest Applied Technology college||510 West 800 South, Cedar City, UT 84720||http://www.swatc.edu/Health_Science|
|Tooele Applied Technology College||66 W. Vine Street, Tooele, UT||http://www.tatc.edu/programs/healthcare/phlebotomy.php|
|Oquirrh Mountain Phlebotomy School LLC||5284 South Commerce Drive, Murray, UT 84107||http://utahphlebotomyschool.com/|
|The University of Utah||1901 East South Campus Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112||https://app.healthcare.utah.edu/TrainingClassSchedule/course.htm?id=22|
|Salt Lake Community College||4600 South Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84123||http://www.slcc.edu/sat/programs/healthcare/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Utah State University||Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322||http://catalog.usu.edu/preview_course_nopop.php?catoid=4&coid=18009|
|Intermountain Healthcare||9660 S. 1300 E., Sandy, UT 84094||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||170 N. 1100 E., American Fork, UT 84003||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||905 W 1000 N, Tremonton, UT 84337||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||36 So. State Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84111||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||6013 South Redwood Road, Taylorsville, UT 84123||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||247 North 100 East Street, Orem, UT 84057||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||751 E. 150 S Professional Way, Payson, UT 84651||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||51 East 150 South, Santaquin, UT 84655||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|The Utah School of Phlebotomy||4141 South Highland Drive, Suite 350, Salt Lake City, UT 84124||http://www.utahphleb.com/index.php|
|The Utah School of Phlebotomy||865 North Freedom Blvd, Provo, UT 84604||http://www.utahphleb.com/index.php|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||American Fork Campus ,766 East Bamberger Drive, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Orem Campus ,1410 West Business Park Drive, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Spanish Fork Campus ,1200 South Del Monte Road, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Thanksgiving Point Christmas ,2301 West Ashton BLVD, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|