Are you interested in a career where you can be part of the medical profession and help prevent illness and disease? If so, you may find a career as a phlebotomy technician to be quite rewarding. Learn how easy it is to complete phlebotomy training in Utah and become a nationally certified phlebotomy technician.
What Does a Phlebotomy Technician Do?
A phlebotomy technician (phlebotomist) draws blood for transfusions and experimentation for the purpose of diagnosing and treating illness or disease. Their job duties may also include taking and documenting vital signs, preparing blood samples for testing, taking medical histories, explaining procedures to patients, sterilizing supplies and disposing of contaminated supplies. Phlebotomists may find work in hospitals, clinics, medical laboratories and physicians’ offices.
What Is Phlebotomy Training in Utah Like?
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are at least five schools that offer phlebotomy training in Utah. The training programs, usually certificate or diploma programs, can typically be completed in less than a year. As a phlebotomy student, you’ll complete courses in medical assisting procedures, medical office records and communication, medical asepsis and government regulations, electronic health records and taking vital signs. A major part of the curriculum consists of clinical education where you’ll receive hands on training performing actual phlebotomy procedures. The phlebotomy training usually also includes CPR certification; however, some schools may require it as a prerequisite. Prior to starting phlebotomy training in Utah, students are required to submit to a health screening and criminal background check.
What is the Career Outlook for Phlebotomy Technicians
Phlebotomy technicians are grouped under the category of medical and clinical laboratory technicians by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). According to the BLS, these medical professionals can expect an employment growth of up to 13% between 2010 and 2020. As of May 2012, there were 1,590 medical and clinical laboratory technologists and technicians employed in Utah.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
More Phlebotomy Classes in Utah
|Davis Applied Technology College||550 E 300 S, Kaysville, UT, 84037||http://www.datc.edu/phlebotomist|
|Dixie State College of Utah||225 S. 700 E., St George, UT 84770||http://new.dixie.edu/health/phlebotomy/index.php|
|Nursing Education Center||PO Box 1135, Bountiful, UT 84011||http://www.cnacareers.com/training/phlebotomyTraining.php|
|Phlebotomy Training Specialists||5248 South Pinemont Drive, Suite #C-250, Murray, UT 84123||http://www.drawblood.net/|
|Southwest Applied Technology college||510 West 800 South, Cedar City, UT 84720||http://www.swatc.edu/Health_Science|
|Tooele Applied Technology College||66 W. Vine Street, Tooele, UT||http://www.tatc.edu/programs/healthcare/phlebotomy.php|
|Oquirrh Mountain Phlebotomy School LLC||5284 South Commerce Drive, Murray, UT 84107||http://utahphlebotomyschool.com/|
|The University of Utah||1901 East South Campus Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112||https://app.healthcare.utah.edu/TrainingClassSchedule/course.htm?id=22|
|Salt Lake Community College||4600 South Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84123||http://www.slcc.edu/sat/programs/healthcare/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Utah State University||Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322||http://catalog.usu.edu/preview_course_nopop.php?catoid=4&coid=18009|
|Intermountain Healthcare||9660 S. 1300 E., Sandy, UT 84094||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||170 N. 1100 E., American Fork, UT 84003||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||905 W 1000 N, Tremonton, UT 84337||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||36 So. State Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84111||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||6013 South Redwood Road, Taylorsville, UT 84123||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||247 North 100 East Street, Orem, UT 84057||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||751 E. 150 S Professional Way, Payson, UT 84651||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||51 East 150 South, Santaquin, UT 84655||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|The Utah School of Phlebotomy||4141 South Highland Drive, Suite 350, Salt Lake City, UT 84124||http://www.utahphleb.com/index.php|
|The Utah School of Phlebotomy||865 North Freedom Blvd, Provo, UT 84604||http://www.utahphleb.com/index.php|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||American Fork Campus ,766 East Bamberger Drive, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Orem Campus ,1410 West Business Park Drive, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Spanish Fork Campus ,1200 South Del Monte Road, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Thanksgiving Point Christmas ,2301 West Ashton BLVD, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|