Though it may not be as large or populated as other states in the country, Vermont still offers plenty of options when it comes to Phlebotomy Training. Phlebotomy is the area of the medical field that involves the drawing and transporting of a patient’s blood for testing or transfusion. As a vital member of the medical laboratory, the Phlebotomy Technician must be someone who is organized, works well under pressure, and possesses great people skills. In addition, the Phlebotomy Technician must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and certification and/or training in the field of Phlebotomy. In Vermont, this certification or training can be completed at a number of locations throughout the state. Though the locations themselves, as well as the costs associated at each location may vary, all of the training involved is what is required to become a Phlebotomy Technician in the state of Vermont.
First, the Central Vermont Medical Center in Berlin, VT offers a 13-week course, three times a year by the Vermont State College Technology Extension Division. This particular course costs around $550 which includes the required textbook. In Burlington, VT aspiring Phlebotomy Technicians have a couple of choices. The University of Vermont and the Burlington Technical Center both offer the required training and certification in this particular field. Another location providing the training and certification needed is the Northwest Technical Center in St. Albans. The courses here cost about $800 and entail 40-42 hours of Phlebotomy training. Vermont HITEC, Inc. also offers a certification course in Phlebotomy. The course here at Vermont HITEC consists of 432 classroom hours, 620 hours of out of class experience/work, as well as supervised labs and/or externships.
The requirements for training at all of these locations include a high school diploma or G.E.D. to get started, the cost associated with the course, the textbooks and study materials needed for that course, and specific grade and hour requirements that may vary depending on the location.
As the medical field continues to grow, so too does the need for properly trained and certified Phlebotomy Technicians. Throughout the state of Vermont, the average salary in this field can vary depending on the particular environment one works in (i.e. hospitals, private practice, government institutions, etc.).
The average annual salary for a Phlebotomy Technician in Vermont however, is right around $31,000. The need for Phlebotomy Technicians in Vermont as well as in many other states will continue to grow for years to come. With the addition of new health facilities and ever growing populations throughout the country, medical personnel of all types, especially Phlebotomy Technicians, will always be in demand. Even though the pay may not be as competitive as in some other industries or fields, the job security offered in this medical field can more than make up for fluctuations in average salary. The investment one makes into becoming a Phlebotomy Technician is one that will continue to pay dividends throughout that person’s career in the medical field.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
More Phlebotomy Classes in Vermont
|Central Vermont Medical Center||130 Fisher Road, Berlin, VT 05602||http://www.cvmc.org/events/phlebotomy-course|
|Northwest Technical Center||71 South Main Street, St. Albans, VT 05440||http://www.nwtcace.net/Fall/Phlebotomy.html|
|Vermont HITEC, Inc.||156 Commerce St Williston, VT 05495||http://www.vthitec.org/main.asp?NewsInclude=NewsIncludes/FAHCITAR4.inc|
|Burlington Technical Center||52 Institute Rd Burlington, VT 05408||http://www.burlingtontech.org/|
|The University of Vermont||85 S Prospect St Burlington, VT 05401||http://www.uvm.edu/|