Though it may not be as large or populated as other states in the country, Vermont still offers plenty of options when it comes to Phlebotomy Training. Phlebotomy is the area of the medical field that involves the drawing and transporting of a patient’s blood for testing or transfusion. As a vital member of the medical laboratory, the Phlebotomy Technician must be someone who is organized, works well under pressure, and possesses great people skills. In addition, the Phlebotomy Technician must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and certification and/or training in the field of Phlebotomy. In Vermont, this certification or training can be completed at a number of locations throughout the state. Though the locations themselves, as well as the costs associated at each location may vary, all of the training involved is what is required to become a Phlebotomy Technician in the state of Vermont.
First, the Central Vermont Medical Center in Berlin, VT offers a 13-week course, three times a year by the Vermont State College Technology Extension Division. This particular course costs around $550 which includes the required textbook. In Burlington, VT aspiring Phlebotomy Technicians have a couple of choices. The University of Vermont and the Burlington Technical Center both offer the required training and certification in this particular field. Another location providing the training and certification needed is the Northwest Technical Center in St. Albans. The courses here cost about $800 and entail 40-42 hours of Phlebotomy training. Vermont HITEC, Inc. also offers a certification course in Phlebotomy. The course here at Vermont HITEC consists of 432 classroom hours, 620 hours of out of class experience/work, as well as supervised labs and/or externships.
The requirements for training at all of these locations include a high school diploma or G.E.D. to get started, the cost associated with the course, the textbooks and study materials needed for that course, and specific grade and hour requirements that may vary depending on the location.
As the medical field continues to grow, so too does the need for properly trained and certified Phlebotomy Technicians. Throughout the state of Vermont, the average salary in this field can vary depending on the particular environment one works in (i.e. hospitals, private practice, government institutions, etc.).
The average annual salary for a Phlebotomy Technician in Vermont however, is right around $31,000. The need for Phlebotomy Technicians in Vermont as well as in many other states will continue to grow for years to come. With the addition of new health facilities and ever growing populations throughout the country, medical personnel of all types, especially Phlebotomy Technicians, will always be in demand. Even though the pay may not be as competitive as in some other industries or fields, the job security offered in this medical field can more than make up for fluctuations in average salary. The investment one makes into becoming a Phlebotomy Technician is one that will continue to pay dividends throughout that person’s career in the medical field.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
More Phlebotomy Classes in Vermont
|Central Vermont Medical Center||130 Fisher Road, Berlin, VT 05602||http://www.cvmc.org/events/phlebotomy-course|
|Northwest Technical Center||71 South Main Street, St. Albans, VT 05440||http://www.nwtcace.net/Fall/Phlebotomy.html|
|Vermont HITEC, Inc.||156 Commerce St Williston, VT 05495||http://www.vthitec.org/main.asp?NewsInclude=NewsIncludes/FAHCITAR4.inc|
|Burlington Technical Center||52 Institute Rd Burlington, VT 05408||http://www.burlingtontech.org/|
|The University of Vermont||85 S Prospect St Burlington, VT 05401||http://www.uvm.edu/|