Though it may not be as large or populated as other states in the country, Vermont still offers plenty of options when it comes to Phlebotomy Training. Phlebotomy is the area of the medical field that involves the drawing and transporting of a patient’s blood for testing or transfusion. As a vital member of the medical laboratory, the Phlebotomy Technician must be someone who is organized, works well under pressure, and possesses great people skills. In addition, the Phlebotomy Technician must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and certification and/or training in the field of Phlebotomy. In Vermont, this certification or training can be completed at a number of locations throughout the state. Though the locations themselves, as well as the costs associated at each location may vary, all of the training involved is what is required to become a Phlebotomy Technician in the state of Vermont.
First, the Central Vermont Medical Center in Berlin, VT offers a 13-week course, three times a year by the Vermont State College Technology Extension Division. This particular course costs around $550 which includes the required textbook. In Burlington, VT aspiring Phlebotomy Technicians have a couple of choices. The University of Vermont and the Burlington Technical Center both offer the required training and certification in this particular field. Another location providing the training and certification needed is the Northwest Technical Center in St. Albans. The courses here cost about $800 and entail 40-42 hours of Phlebotomy training. Vermont HITEC, Inc. also offers a certification course in Phlebotomy. The course here at Vermont HITEC consists of 432 classroom hours, 620 hours of out of class experience/work, as well as supervised labs and/or externships.
The requirements for training at all of these locations include a high school diploma or G.E.D. to get started, the cost associated with the course, the textbooks and study materials needed for that course, and specific grade and hour requirements that may vary depending on the location.
As the medical field continues to grow, so too does the need for properly trained and certified Phlebotomy Technicians. Throughout the state of Vermont, the average salary in this field can vary depending on the particular environment one works in (i.e. hospitals, private practice, government institutions, etc.).
The average annual salary for a Phlebotomy Technician in Vermont however, is right around $31,000. The need for Phlebotomy Technicians in Vermont as well as in many other states will continue to grow for years to come. With the addition of new health facilities and ever growing populations throughout the country, medical personnel of all types, especially Phlebotomy Technicians, will always be in demand. Even though the pay may not be as competitive as in some other industries or fields, the job security offered in this medical field can more than make up for fluctuations in average salary. The investment one makes into becoming a Phlebotomy Technician is one that will continue to pay dividends throughout that person’s career in the medical field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Billing and Coding
- Degree - Medical Billing and Coding
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
Orion College is a post-secondary vocational school offering Associate Degree programs in Business Administration, Medical Assisting and Healthcare Management.. By utilizing online learning, students have the flexibility to continue their education from the convenience of their own home. Our virtual classrooms will enable students to attend classes and communicate with instructors and classmates. Students can complete some programs without leaving their current employment or sacrificing family time.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
More Phlebotomy Classes in Vermont
|Central Vermont Medical Center||130 Fisher Road, Berlin, VT 05602||http://www.cvmc.org/events/phlebotomy-course|
|Northwest Technical Center||71 South Main Street, St. Albans, VT 05440||http://www.nwtcace.net/Fall/Phlebotomy.html|
|Vermont HITEC, Inc.||156 Commerce St Williston, VT 05495||http://www.vthitec.org/main.asp?NewsInclude=NewsIncludes/FAHCITAR4.inc|
|Burlington Technical Center||52 Institute Rd Burlington, VT 05408||http://www.burlingtontech.org/|
|The University of Vermont||85 S Prospect St Burlington, VT 05401||http://www.uvm.edu/|