There are vast career opportunities in the sphere of phlebotomy. For anyone looking forward to a career in phlebotomy the first order of business is to obtain the proper training and certifications. Participating in training courses that allow you to become certified in phlebotomy will provide the competence you need to confidently perform your job. It will also provide the credential that will give all potential employers confidence in their decision to hire you. There are a number of schools in Washington that provide exceptional phlebotomy training programs.
There are multitudinous benefits to enrolling in a phlebotomy training program in Washington. One of the primary benefits is that it will prepare you for the perpetually evolving regulations that the state is implementing. There were a number of regulations that went into effect in 2013. Until recently, Washington has viewed and treated phlebotomy as a healthcare profession assistant program, meaning that the qualifications and credential requirements were not as a stringent; however, that has now changed. Phlebotomists are now classified as medical assistants, requiring aspiring phlebotomist to enroll in an accredited program and complete the required course work. Once training has been successfully completed, an application must be submitted to the State of Washington with proof of course completion attached.
Phlebotomy Training Requirements
Under the older laws that governed phlebotomy in Washington, the credential and training requirements were minimal, requiring a phlebotomist to be either a Category A or Category B certified healthcare assistant. The Category A qualification allowed the phlebotomist to perform venipuncture and skin punctures while the Category B certification allowed for arterials. These older qualifications were minimal only requiring that an applicant be at least 18 years of age and have completed high school.
The most recent law changes have resulted in the process of becoming an accredited phlebotomist being more substantial. These new regulations, which have recently gone into effect require that anyone aspiring to become a phlebotomist enroll into an accredited training program and complete all of the required course work. The exception to this rule is that military personal who had phlebotomy training while serving in the military can simply submit proof of the training, allowing them to bypass the required course work.
To enroll in an accredited phlebotomy training class you will need to meet the following minimal requirements:– Have successfully completed high school – Pass a criminal background check – Be current on immunization requirements
The Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Washington
As the healthcare industry is expected to be the fasted growing industry through 2020, opportunities for phlebotomist will be abundant. This will probably mean that the laws that govern phlebotomy will continue to evolved and so will the schools that offer the training programs for this particular discipline. In short, there will be exemplary programs available for entry level and advance degree level phlebotomy training
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- And more...
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technician
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
More Phlebotomy Classes in Washington
|Bellevue College||300 Landerholm Circle SE, Bellevue, WA 98007||http://bellevuecollege.edu/health/hpro/phlebotomy.asp|
|Bellingham Technical College||3028 Lindbergh Ave., Bellingham, WA 98225||http://www.btc.ctc.edu/degreescertificates/Programs/PRG-ProgramMain.asp?Program=115|
|Cascadia Community College||18345 Campus Way Northeast, Bothell, WA 98011||http://www.cascadia.edu/Default.aspx|
|Clark College||1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA 98663||http://www.clark.edu/academics/catalog/2011/index.php?id=111|
|Columbia Basin College||2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301||http://www.columbiabasin.edu/index.aspx?page=490|
|Edmonds Community College||20000 68th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98036||http://www.edcc.edu/phlebotomytech/default.php|
|Everett Community College||2000 Tower Street, Everett, WA 98201||http://www.everettcc.edu/programs/health-safety/health-sciences/phlebotomy/index.cfm?id=1830&linkFrom=Search|
|North Seattle Community College||9600 College Way North, Seattle, WA 98103||https://northseattle.edu/programs/phlebotomist-technician|
|Renton Technical College||3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056||http://www.rtc.edu/Programs/TrainingPrograms/PhlebotomyTech/|
|Seattle Community Colleges||9600 College Way North, Seattle, WA 98103||http://www.seattlecolleges.edu/DISTRICT/currentstudents/optionscs.aspx?pg=proftech|
|Seattle Vocational Institute||2120 South Jackson Street, Seattle, WA 98144||http://sviweb.sccd.ctc.edu/p_ah_mla.htm|
|Shoreline Community College||16101 Greenwood Ave. N., Shoreline, WA 98133||http://new.shoreline.edu/phlebotomy/default.aspx|
|Skagit Valley College||2405 East College Way, Mount Vernon, WA||http://www.skagit.edu/news.asp_Q_pagenumber_E_3221|
|Spokane Community College||PO Box 6000, Spokane, WA 99217||http://www.ccs.spokane.edu/getdoc/7fec765c-c583-45d2-b054-e7b4a80c09b9/Phleb-tech.aspx|
|Yakima Valley Community College||500 West Main Street, Grandview, WA 98930||http://www.yvcc.edu/Students/AcademicOptions/Programs/WED/AlliedHealthTechProgram/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|Bates Technical College||1101 S. Yakima Ave., Tacoma, WA 98405||http://www.bates.ctc.edu/programs/continuing-education/healthsciences|
|Bates Technical College||2320 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98405||http://www.bates.ctc.edu/programs/continuing-education/healthsciences|
|Bates Technical College||2201 South 78th Street, Tacoma, WA 98409||http://www.bates.ctc.edu/programs/continuing-education/healthsciences|
|Pima Medical Institute||555 S. Renton Village Place, Renton, WA 98057||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pima Medical Institute||9709 Third Avenue N.E., Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98115||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|