There are vast career opportunities in the sphere of phlebotomy. For anyone looking forward to a career in phlebotomy the first order of business is to obtain the proper training and certifications. Participating in training courses that allow you to become certified in phlebotomy will provide the competence you need to confidently perform your job. It will also provide the credential that will give all potential employers confidence in their decision to hire you. There are a number of schools in Washington that provide exceptional phlebotomy training programs.
There are multitudinous benefits to enrolling in a phlebotomy training program in Washington. One of the primary benefits is that it will prepare you for the perpetually evolving regulations that the state is implementing. There were a number of regulations that went into effect in 2013. Until recently, Washington has viewed and treated phlebotomy as a healthcare profession assistant program, meaning that the qualifications and credential requirements were not as a stringent; however, that has now changed. Phlebotomists are now classified as medical assistants, requiring aspiring phlebotomist to enroll in an accredited program and complete the required course work. Once training has been successfully completed, an application must be submitted to the State of Washington with proof of course completion attached.
Phlebotomy Training Requirements
Under the older laws that governed phlebotomy in Washington, the credential and training requirements were minimal, requiring a phlebotomist to be either a Category A or Category B certified healthcare assistant. The Category A qualification allowed the phlebotomist to perform venipuncture and skin punctures while the Category B certification allowed for arterials. These older qualifications were minimal only requiring that an applicant be at least 18 years of age and have completed high school.
The most recent law changes have resulted in the process of becoming an accredited phlebotomist being more substantial. These new regulations, which have recently gone into effect require that anyone aspiring to become a phlebotomist enroll into an accredited training program and complete all of the required course work. The exception to this rule is that military personal who had phlebotomy training while serving in the military can simply submit proof of the training, allowing them to bypass the required course work.
To enroll in an accredited phlebotomy training class you will need to meet the following minimal requirements:– Have successfully completed high school – Pass a criminal background check – Be current on immunization requirements
The Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Washington
As the healthcare industry is expected to be the fasted growing industry through 2020, opportunities for phlebotomist will be abundant. This will probably mean that the laws that govern phlebotomy will continue to evolved and so will the schools that offer the training programs for this particular discipline. In short, there will be exemplary programs available for entry level and advance degree level phlebotomy training
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technician
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- And more...
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
More Phlebotomy Classes in Washington
|Bellevue College||300 Landerholm Circle SE, Bellevue, WA 98007||http://bellevuecollege.edu/health/hpro/phlebotomy.asp|
|Bellingham Technical College||3028 Lindbergh Ave., Bellingham, WA 98225||http://www.btc.ctc.edu/degreescertificates/Programs/PRG-ProgramMain.asp?Program=115|
|Cascadia Community College||18345 Campus Way Northeast, Bothell, WA 98011||http://www.cascadia.edu/Default.aspx|
|Clark College||1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA 98663||http://www.clark.edu/academics/catalog/2011/index.php?id=111|
|Columbia Basin College||2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301||http://www.columbiabasin.edu/index.aspx?page=490|
|Edmonds Community College||20000 68th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98036||http://www.edcc.edu/phlebotomytech/default.php|
|Everett Community College||2000 Tower Street, Everett, WA 98201||http://www.everettcc.edu/programs/health-safety/health-sciences/phlebotomy/index.cfm?id=1830&linkFrom=Search|
|North Seattle Community College||9600 College Way North, Seattle, WA 98103||https://northseattle.edu/programs/phlebotomist-technician|
|Renton Technical College||3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056||http://www.rtc.edu/Programs/TrainingPrograms/PhlebotomyTech/|
|Seattle Community Colleges||9600 College Way North, Seattle, WA 98103||http://www.seattlecolleges.edu/DISTRICT/currentstudents/optionscs.aspx?pg=proftech|
|Seattle Vocational Institute||2120 South Jackson Street, Seattle, WA 98144||http://sviweb.sccd.ctc.edu/p_ah_mla.htm|
|Shoreline Community College||16101 Greenwood Ave. N., Shoreline, WA 98133||http://new.shoreline.edu/phlebotomy/default.aspx|
|Skagit Valley College||2405 East College Way, Mount Vernon, WA||http://www.skagit.edu/news.asp_Q_pagenumber_E_3221|
|Spokane Community College||PO Box 6000, Spokane, WA 99217||http://www.ccs.spokane.edu/getdoc/7fec765c-c583-45d2-b054-e7b4a80c09b9/Phleb-tech.aspx|
|Yakima Valley Community College||500 West Main Street, Grandview, WA 98930||http://www.yvcc.edu/Students/AcademicOptions/Programs/WED/AlliedHealthTechProgram/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|Bates Technical College||1101 S. Yakima Ave., Tacoma, WA 98405||http://www.bates.ctc.edu/programs/continuing-education/healthsciences|
|Bates Technical College||2320 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98405||http://www.bates.ctc.edu/programs/continuing-education/healthsciences|
|Bates Technical College||2201 South 78th Street, Tacoma, WA 98409||http://www.bates.ctc.edu/programs/continuing-education/healthsciences|
|Pima Medical Institute||555 S. Renton Village Place, Renton, WA 98057||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pima Medical Institute||9709 Third Avenue N.E., Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98115||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|