There are vast career opportunities in the sphere of phlebotomy. For anyone looking forward to a career in phlebotomy the first order of business is to obtain the proper training and certifications. Participating in training courses that allow you to become certified in phlebotomy will provide the competence you need to confidently perform your job. It will also provide the credential that will give all potential employers confidence in their decision to hire you. There are a number of schools in Washington that provide exceptional phlebotomy training programs.
There are multitudinous benefits to enrolling in a phlebotomy training program in Washington. One of the primary benefits is that it will prepare you for the perpetually evolving regulations that the state is implementing. There were a number of regulations that went into effect in 2013. Until recently, Washington has viewed and treated phlebotomy as a healthcare profession assistant program, meaning that the qualifications and credential requirements were not as a stringent; however, that has now changed. Phlebotomists are now classified as medical assistants, requiring aspiring phlebotomist to enroll in an accredited program and complete the required course work. Once training has been successfully completed, an application must be submitted to the State of Washington with proof of course completion attached.
Phlebotomy Training Requirements
Under the older laws that governed phlebotomy in Washington, the credential and training requirements were minimal, requiring a phlebotomist to be either a Category A or Category B certified healthcare assistant. The Category A qualification allowed the phlebotomist to perform venipuncture and skin punctures while the Category B certification allowed for arterials. These older qualifications were minimal only requiring that an applicant be at least 18 years of age and have completed high school.
The most recent law changes have resulted in the process of becoming an accredited phlebotomist being more substantial. These new regulations, which have recently gone into effect require that anyone aspiring to become a phlebotomist enroll into an accredited training program and complete all of the required course work. The exception to this rule is that military personal who had phlebotomy training while serving in the military can simply submit proof of the training, allowing them to bypass the required course work.
To enroll in an accredited phlebotomy training class you will need to meet the following minimal requirements:– Have successfully completed high school – Pass a criminal background check – Be current on immunization requirements
The Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Washington
As the healthcare industry is expected to be the fasted growing industry through 2020, opportunities for phlebotomist will be abundant. This will probably mean that the laws that govern phlebotomy will continue to evolved and so will the schools that offer the training programs for this particular discipline. In short, there will be exemplary programs available for entry level and advance degree level phlebotomy training
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Veterinary Assistant
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
More Phlebotomy Classes in Washington
|Bellevue College||300 Landerholm Circle SE, Bellevue, WA 98007||http://bellevuecollege.edu/health/hpro/phlebotomy.asp|
|Bellingham Technical College||3028 Lindbergh Ave., Bellingham, WA 98225||http://www.btc.ctc.edu/degreescertificates/Programs/PRG-ProgramMain.asp?Program=115|
|Cascadia Community College||18345 Campus Way Northeast, Bothell, WA 98011||http://www.cascadia.edu/Default.aspx|
|Clark College||1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA 98663||http://www.clark.edu/academics/catalog/2011/index.php?id=111|
|Columbia Basin College||2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301||http://www.columbiabasin.edu/index.aspx?page=490|
|Edmonds Community College||20000 68th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98036||http://www.edcc.edu/phlebotomytech/default.php|
|Everett Community College||2000 Tower Street, Everett, WA 98201||http://www.everettcc.edu/programs/health-safety/health-sciences/phlebotomy/index.cfm?id=1830&linkFrom=Search|
|North Seattle Community College||9600 College Way North, Seattle, WA 98103||https://northseattle.edu/programs/phlebotomist-technician|
|Renton Technical College||3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056||http://www.rtc.edu/Programs/TrainingPrograms/PhlebotomyTech/|
|Seattle Community Colleges||9600 College Way North, Seattle, WA 98103||http://www.seattlecolleges.edu/DISTRICT/currentstudents/optionscs.aspx?pg=proftech|
|Seattle Vocational Institute||2120 South Jackson Street, Seattle, WA 98144||http://sviweb.sccd.ctc.edu/p_ah_mla.htm|
|Shoreline Community College||16101 Greenwood Ave. N., Shoreline, WA 98133||http://new.shoreline.edu/phlebotomy/default.aspx|
|Skagit Valley College||2405 East College Way, Mount Vernon, WA||http://www.skagit.edu/news.asp_Q_pagenumber_E_3221|
|Spokane Community College||PO Box 6000, Spokane, WA 99217||http://www.ccs.spokane.edu/getdoc/7fec765c-c583-45d2-b054-e7b4a80c09b9/Phleb-tech.aspx|
|Yakima Valley Community College||500 West Main Street, Grandview, WA 98930||http://www.yvcc.edu/Students/AcademicOptions/Programs/WED/AlliedHealthTechProgram/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|Bates Technical College||1101 S. Yakima Ave., Tacoma, WA 98405||http://www.bates.ctc.edu/programs/continuing-education/healthsciences|
|Bates Technical College||2320 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98405||http://www.bates.ctc.edu/programs/continuing-education/healthsciences|
|Bates Technical College||2201 South 78th Street, Tacoma, WA 98409||http://www.bates.ctc.edu/programs/continuing-education/healthsciences|
|Pima Medical Institute||555 S. Renton Village Place, Renton, WA 98057||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pima Medical Institute||9709 Third Avenue N.E., Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98115||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|