There are vast career opportunities in the sphere of phlebotomy. For anyone looking forward to a career in phlebotomy the first order of business is to obtain the proper training and certifications. Participating in training courses that allow you to become certified in phlebotomy will provide the competence you need to confidently perform your job. It will also provide the credential that will give all potential employers confidence in their decision to hire you. There are a number of schools in Washington that provide exceptional phlebotomy training programs.
There are multitudinous benefits to enrolling in a phlebotomy training program in Washington. One of the primary benefits is that it will prepare you for the perpetually evolving regulations that the state is implementing. There were a number of regulations that went into effect in 2013. Until recently, Washington has viewed and treated phlebotomy as a healthcare profession assistant program, meaning that the qualifications and credential requirements were not as a stringent; however, that has now changed. Phlebotomists are now classified as medical assistants, requiring aspiring phlebotomist to enroll in an accredited program and complete the required course work. Once training has been successfully completed, an application must be submitted to the State of Washington with proof of course completion attached.
Phlebotomy Training Requirements
Under the older laws that governed phlebotomy in Washington, the credential and training requirements were minimal, requiring a phlebotomist to be either a Category A or Category B certified healthcare assistant. The Category A qualification allowed the phlebotomist to perform venipuncture and skin punctures while the Category B certification allowed for arterials. These older qualifications were minimal only requiring that an applicant be at least 18 years of age and have completed high school.
The most recent law changes have resulted in the process of becoming an accredited phlebotomist being more substantial. These new regulations, which have recently gone into effect require that anyone aspiring to become a phlebotomist enroll into an accredited training program and complete all of the required course work. The exception to this rule is that military personal who had phlebotomy training while serving in the military can simply submit proof of the training, allowing them to bypass the required course work.
To enroll in an accredited phlebotomy training class you will need to meet the following minimal requirements:– Have successfully completed high school – Pass a criminal background check – Be current on immunization requirements
The Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Washington
As the healthcare industry is expected to be the fasted growing industry through 2020, opportunities for phlebotomist will be abundant. This will probably mean that the laws that govern phlebotomy will continue to evolved and so will the schools that offer the training programs for this particular discipline. In short, there will be exemplary programs available for entry level and advance degree level phlebotomy training
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
More Phlebotomy Classes in Washington
|Bellevue College||300 Landerholm Circle SE, Bellevue, WA 98007||http://bellevuecollege.edu/health/hpro/phlebotomy.asp|
|Bellingham Technical College||3028 Lindbergh Ave., Bellingham, WA 98225||http://www.btc.ctc.edu/degreescertificates/Programs/PRG-ProgramMain.asp?Program=115|
|Cascadia Community College||18345 Campus Way Northeast, Bothell, WA 98011||http://www.cascadia.edu/Default.aspx|
|Clark College||1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA 98663||http://www.clark.edu/academics/catalog/2011/index.php?id=111|
|Columbia Basin College||2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301||http://www.columbiabasin.edu/index.aspx?page=490|
|Edmonds Community College||20000 68th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98036||http://www.edcc.edu/phlebotomytech/default.php|
|Everett Community College||2000 Tower Street, Everett, WA 98201||http://www.everettcc.edu/programs/health-safety/health-sciences/phlebotomy/index.cfm?id=1830&linkFrom=Search|
|North Seattle Community College||9600 College Way North, Seattle, WA 98103||https://northseattle.edu/programs/phlebotomist-technician|
|Renton Technical College||3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056||http://www.rtc.edu/Programs/TrainingPrograms/PhlebotomyTech/|
|Seattle Community Colleges||9600 College Way North, Seattle, WA 98103||http://www.seattlecolleges.edu/DISTRICT/currentstudents/optionscs.aspx?pg=proftech|
|Seattle Vocational Institute||2120 South Jackson Street, Seattle, WA 98144||http://sviweb.sccd.ctc.edu/p_ah_mla.htm|
|Shoreline Community College||16101 Greenwood Ave. N., Shoreline, WA 98133||http://new.shoreline.edu/phlebotomy/default.aspx|
|Skagit Valley College||2405 East College Way, Mount Vernon, WA||http://www.skagit.edu/news.asp_Q_pagenumber_E_3221|
|Spokane Community College||PO Box 6000, Spokane, WA 99217||http://www.ccs.spokane.edu/getdoc/7fec765c-c583-45d2-b054-e7b4a80c09b9/Phleb-tech.aspx|
|Yakima Valley Community College||500 West Main Street, Grandview, WA 98930||http://www.yvcc.edu/Students/AcademicOptions/Programs/WED/AlliedHealthTechProgram/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|Bates Technical College||1101 S. Yakima Ave., Tacoma, WA 98405||http://www.bates.ctc.edu/programs/continuing-education/healthsciences|
|Bates Technical College||2320 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98405||http://www.bates.ctc.edu/programs/continuing-education/healthsciences|
|Bates Technical College||2201 South 78th Street, Tacoma, WA 98409||http://www.bates.ctc.edu/programs/continuing-education/healthsciences|
|Pima Medical Institute||555 S. Renton Village Place, Renton, WA 98057||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pima Medical Institute||9709 Third Avenue N.E., Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98115||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|