Phlebotomists serve an important role in providing quality patient care and accurate collection of blood specimens. Phlebotomists work directly with patients drawing blood specimens and performing other initial patient assessments. They have the choice of working in a variety of settings including hospitals, homes, non-profit organizations, private practice, doctor offices, and community clinics. Becoming a phlebotomist is a great way to enter the health field. The skills and experience gained working as phlebotomists provides a great stepping stone to more advanced positions in the health profession.
Phlebotomy certification requirements vary from state to state. In West Virginia, certification and licensure is required only of phlebotomist technicians who perform tests of high complexity. Many employers require formal phlebotomy program instruction and clinical experience. West Virginia is a great place to look for phlebotomy training programs. There are a variety of programs to choose from in and around the major cities of West Virginia.
Phlebotomy outlook for West Virginia
West Virginia is one of the top paying salary states for phlebotomists. Starting salaries for phlebotomists typically range from $25,000 to $27,000. Phlebotomists with years of experience in West Virginia average an annual salary of $33,000. Salary varies by employer, area, experience, and training. It’s a great time to begin a career as a phlebotomist. The job outlook for phlebotomists is projected to grow at a rapid rate of eighteen to twenty-six percent. It’s a great time to enroll in a phlebotomy training program in West Virginia.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
More Phlebotomy Classes in West Virginia
|Academy of Careers and Technology||390 Stanaford Road, Beckley, WV 25801||http://www.actadulteducationbeckley.com/#nvcustom-tab|
|Blue Ridge Community and Technical College||400 West Stephen Street, Martinsburg, WV 25401||http://www.blueridgectc.edu/allied_health/phlebotomy_technician/|
|Kanawha Valley Community & Technical College||1701 Fifth Ave., Charleston, WV 25312||http://www.workforce-kvctc.org/educationtraining/phlebotomytechnician.html|
|Mountain State University||410 Neville Street, Beckley, WV 25801||http://www.mountainstate.edu/academics/health-sciences/phlebotomy/|
|National College||110 Park Shopping Center Drive, Parkersburg, WV 26101||http://www.national-college.edu/academic-programs/medical/phlebotomy-diploma.lasso|
|Triad Tech, Inc.||30 West 6th Avenue, Huntington, WV 25701||http://triadtech.us/8201.html|
|West Virginia Office of Laboratory Services||167 Eleventh Avenue, South Charleston, WV 25303||http://www.wvdhhr.org/labservices/training/index.cfm|