Many students who are interested in getting into phlebotomy are curious about the process to becoming certified. This article will show you the basics of becoming a licensed phlebotomist in Arkansas.
What Happens in Phlebotomy Training?
A phlebotomy course is a mix of scientific study and health care skills preparation. Students will spend a lot of time in the lab learning about different ways to analyze urine and blood samples. Entrants into the program should be comfortable with basic science and procedures, especially in chemistry and biology. The other portion of the course will teach students how to be effective in a health care setting. They will learn how to take blood samples, how to take vital signs, and how to manage their spaces with care.
Students should be sure to pick a program where they will have frequent access to a supervisor. This usually means choosing a program where the student to instructor ratio is low. Since the skills needed can be life saving and each skill is very important, it is crucial that students get good feedback and learn the skills well. Students in this professional education program are expected to have a high level of motivation and be comfortable with self study. Much of the material needed for the national certification exam is based on memory, so students will largely be responsible for their own success in learning the material.
Can Anyone Enter the Training?
Most interested students can enter a phlebotomy training program. However, there are a few guidelines. Students must be over 18 years old and possess a high school diploma or GED. Students need to be able to meet the physical and mental requirements of the program, which may include vision requirements. Students need to be able to pass a criminal background check. Finally, most programs and employers require individuals to have updated immunizations for several of the most common communicable diseases, including hepatitis.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Arkansas
Phlebotomy training is currently somewhat in demand in Arkansas. As populations shift, more people are moving out of the rural areas of Arkansas and into the cities. As a result, some people may be needed to staff the harder to reach areas and more rural health care offices. The starting salary for a phlebotomist in Arkansas is around $25,000, with a slightly higher salary offered in the more in demand facilities. Students graduating from a phlebotomy program can work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, laboratories, pediatric centers, and private health care institutions.
Steps to Become a Certified Phlebotomist
The process for getting into phlebotomy has a few steps. The first is to find an accredited program in the state of Arkansas. Suitable programs can be found in Little Rock, Fayetteville, Bentonville, and other major university hubs throughout the state. Next, the candidate must complete their phlebotomy training and pass for a national certification test. Once successful, the new phlebotomist has many opportunities awaiting him or her in this dynamic health care profession.
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
More Phlebotomy Classes in Arkansas
|Phillips Community College||1000 Campus Rd Helena-West Helena, AR 72342,||http://www.pccua.edu/alliedhealth/Phlebotomy.htm|
|Black River Technical College||1410 Arkansas 304 E Pocahontas, AR 72455,||http://www.blackrivertech.org/prospective-students/academic-programs/phlebotomy|
|Arkansas State University - Newport||7648 Victory Blvd Newport, AR 72112,||http://www.asun.edu/programs/|
|Arkansas Northeastern College||105 S Main St Leachville, AR 72438,||http://www.anc.edu/allied_health/phlebotomy.htm|
|Arkansas State University-Mountain||1600 S College St Mountain Home, AR 72653||http://www.asumh.edu/programs/certificate-of-proficiency-in-phlebotomy-(cp).dot|
|North Arkansas College||1515 Pioneer Dr Harrison, AR 72601||http://www.northark.edu/academics_programs/degree_plans.aspx|
|Southeast Arkansas College||1900 S Hazel St Pine Bluff, AR 71603||http://184.108.40.206:8900/academics/phlebotomy.php|
|UAMS AHEC Southwest||300 E 6th St Texarkana, AR||http://ruralhealth.uams.edu/ahecsw/chrp/phleb/CourseInfo|
|National Park Community College||101 College Dr|
Hot Springs, AR
|South Arkansas Community College||300 SW Ave El Dorado, AR 71730||http://www.southark.edu/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=323&Itemid=552&lang=en|
|Petra Allied Health||2212 Malvern Ave; Hot Springs National Park, AR||http://www.petraalliedhealth.com/?page_id=114|