A comprehensive phlebotomy technician program, approved by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), is offered at Atlanta Technical College. To enter the program, students must fill out an Intent Form and can register for the PHLT 1030 course, which involves an overview of venipuncture, if they have completed the required prerequisite courses and the HOBET-V exam. Tuition is $85 per credit hour. Medtech College is another school in Atlanta offering classes and courses in phlebotomy, with detailed instruction in safe and sanitary blood draws, proper hand washing techniques and venipuncture. There is a mix of in-class and hands-on training to complete the program, which is offered on a monthly basis with both weekday and weekend schedules. Other schools outside of Atlanta include Central Georgia Technical College in Macon, Dalton State College in Dalton, Health Tech of Georgia in Robins and Georgia Piedmont Technical College in Clarkston.
Phlebotomist Salary Trends in Atlanta
Phlebotomists in Atlanta often go on to work in hospitals, laboratories, physicians' offices, blood banks, public health clinics, pharmaceutical companies and home health care agencies. The local market is expected to grow from 10 to 20 percent in the next decade, due in large part to the fast-growing older population segment. The Bureau of Labor Statistics points out that the median pay in the U.S. for phlebotomists is 29,730 per year, with a job outlook projected to grow by 27 percent by 2020. This is faster than other occupations. The Atlanta metro area ranks as the sixth highest employment level for phlebotomy, with an hourly mean wage of $14.23 and total employment of 1,410.
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!