A comprehensive phlebotomy technician program, approved by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), is offered at Atlanta Technical College. To enter the program, students must fill out an Intent Form and can register for the PHLT 1030 course, which involves an overview of venipuncture, if they have completed the required prerequisite courses and the HOBET-V exam. Tuition is $85 per credit hour. Medtech College is another school in Atlanta offering classes and courses in phlebotomy, with detailed instruction in safe and sanitary blood draws, proper hand washing techniques and venipuncture. There is a mix of in-class and hands-on training to complete the program, which is offered on a monthly basis with both weekday and weekend schedules. Other schools outside of Atlanta include Central Georgia Technical College in Macon, Dalton State College in Dalton, Health Tech of Georgia in Robins and Georgia Piedmont Technical College in Clarkston.
Phlebotomist Salary Trends in Atlanta
Phlebotomists in Atlanta often go on to work in hospitals, laboratories, physicians' offices, blood banks, public health clinics, pharmaceutical companies and home health care agencies. The local market is expected to grow from 10 to 20 percent in the next decade, due in large part to the fast-growing older population segment. The Bureau of Labor Statistics points out that the median pay in the U.S. for phlebotomists is 29,730 per year, with a job outlook projected to grow by 27 percent by 2020. This is faster than other occupations. The Atlanta metro area ranks as the sixth highest employment level for phlebotomy, with an hourly mean wage of $14.23 and total employment of 1,410.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Dental Assisting
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Respiratory Therapy
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!