In addition to attending courses in Baltimore, many major cities in Maryland offer excellent training programs in phlebotomy. Columbia, Germantown, Silver Spring, Ellicott City, Annapolis, Rockville, and Ocean City offer opportunities for phlebotomy training, as well as many other cities throughout Maryland. Students can attend courses in a variety of settings, including community college, universities, and colleges throughout the state.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Baltimore
Students who are interested in phlebotomy in Baltimore must be at least eighteen and hold a high school diploma or GED. All immunizations must be current in preparation for an internship which will involve drawing blood from patients. Coursework generally takes four months to a year. It begins with instruction in the classroom with a focus on the human anatomy, the proper procedures for blood removal, the effective treatment of patients, and use of equipment. The second portion of training involves a practicum in order to ensure that students are successful in all aspects of phlebotomy.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Baltimore
When looking for viable employment in the future, the healthcare field continues to hold great promise. The demand for phlebotomists in Baltimore is expected to grow. Students can expect an average salary of $28,000. However this figure can be as high as $36,000 depending on the position and if students have earned national certification by taking an exam.
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technology
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- And more...
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!