In addition to attending courses in Baltimore, many major cities in Maryland offer excellent training programs in phlebotomy. Columbia, Germantown, Silver Spring, Ellicott City, Annapolis, Rockville, and Ocean City offer opportunities for phlebotomy training, as well as many other cities throughout Maryland. Students can attend courses in a variety of settings, including community college, universities, and colleges throughout the state.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Baltimore
Students who are interested in phlebotomy in Baltimore must be at least eighteen and hold a high school diploma or GED. All immunizations must be current in preparation for an internship which will involve drawing blood from patients. Coursework generally takes four months to a year. It begins with instruction in the classroom with a focus on the human anatomy, the proper procedures for blood removal, the effective treatment of patients, and use of equipment. The second portion of training involves a practicum in order to ensure that students are successful in all aspects of phlebotomy.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Baltimore
When looking for viable employment in the future, the healthcare field continues to hold great promise. The demand for phlebotomists in Baltimore is expected to grow. Students can expect an average salary of $28,000. However this figure can be as high as $36,000 depending on the position and if students have earned national certification by taking an exam.
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Health Care Bachelor's and Master's Degrees Online From Grand Canyon University
- Develop entry-level skills, prepare to switch to a health care career or strengthen your current skill set.
- Comprehensive lessons & valuable classwork to prepare health care students for their future careers.
- Online classes provide you the flexibility to earn your health care degree from anywhere.
- Curriculum designed by health care industry experts.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information