In addition to attending courses in Baltimore, many major cities in Maryland offer excellent training programs in phlebotomy. Columbia, Germantown, Silver Spring, Ellicott City, Annapolis, Rockville, and Ocean City offer opportunities for phlebotomy training, as well as many other cities throughout Maryland. Students can attend courses in a variety of settings, including community college, universities, and colleges throughout the state.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Baltimore
Students who are interested in phlebotomy in Baltimore must be at least eighteen and hold a high school diploma or GED. All immunizations must be current in preparation for an internship which will involve drawing blood from patients. Coursework generally takes four months to a year. It begins with instruction in the classroom with a focus on the human anatomy, the proper procedures for blood removal, the effective treatment of patients, and use of equipment. The second portion of training involves a practicum in order to ensure that students are successful in all aspects of phlebotomy.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Baltimore
When looking for viable employment in the future, the healthcare field continues to hold great promise. The demand for phlebotomists in Baltimore is expected to grow. Students can expect an average salary of $28,000. However this figure can be as high as $36,000 depending on the position and if students have earned national certification by taking an exam.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technology
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!