In addition to attending courses in Baltimore, many major cities in Maryland offer excellent training programs in phlebotomy. Columbia, Germantown, Silver Spring, Ellicott City, Annapolis, Rockville, and Ocean City offer opportunities for phlebotomy training, as well as many other cities throughout Maryland. Students can attend courses in a variety of settings, including community college, universities, and colleges throughout the state.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Baltimore
Students who are interested in phlebotomy in Baltimore must be at least eighteen and hold a high school diploma or GED. All immunizations must be current in preparation for an internship which will involve drawing blood from patients. Coursework generally takes four months to a year. It begins with instruction in the classroom with a focus on the human anatomy, the proper procedures for blood removal, the effective treatment of patients, and use of equipment. The second portion of training involves a practicum in order to ensure that students are successful in all aspects of phlebotomy.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Baltimore
When looking for viable employment in the future, the healthcare field continues to hold great promise. The demand for phlebotomists in Baltimore is expected to grow. Students can expect an average salary of $28,000. However this figure can be as high as $36,000 depending on the position and if students have earned national certification by taking an exam.
Matching School Ads
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!