Phlebotomy Classes in Miami
Miami-Dade College at 950 NW 20 Street offers a phlebotomy program on its medical campus to prepare students in the science of drawing blood by venipuncture as well as capillary puncture. Students learn how to take blood specimens, how to properly label them, and how to transport them to the laboratory. Classes take just one semester to complete.
Another school in Miami offering a degree and certification in phlebotomy is the Florida Medical Training Institute on 7902 NW 36 Street. This is a dual-certification course in both phlebotomy and EKG tech, involving two parts to the course followed by a 120-hour externship. Other Miami schools include Genesis Vocational Institute, CBT College, Life-Line Med Training and Nursing Unlimited.
Phlebotomy Salary in Miami
The median annual wage for phlebotomists in the United States is $29,730, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The state of Florida has the third highest employment level for phlebotomy, with an annual mean wage of $27,310. Job growth in this industry is expected to grow by 27 percent by 2020, which is much faster than the average occupation in the U.S. Many hospitals, blood donor programs, medical centers, labs and doctors' offices in Miami looking for qualified phlebotomists require not only a post-secondary award from a reputable phlebotomy program but also certification and licensure.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences - Pre-Physician Assistant Concentration
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!