Generally, phlebotomy training in Cleveland can be completed within approximately two to three months. Most programs are approximately 90 to 120 hours in length, and the total course time will be dependent on how frequently the classes meet. Programs generally have a classroom educational component and a clinical educational component to provide the student with hands-on experience in a real medical clinic. There are a number of schools that offer training programs for this certification. A full college degree is not needed, but some students will have a college degree before enrolling in the program. Upon completion of most programs, students should be prepared to take and pass the National Healthcareer Assocation certification exam or the National Certification Examination These exams provide licensure for the student to work as a phlebotomist.
Phlebotomy Programs in Cleveland
Programs may be found in a number of technical and community colleges in Cleveland and throughout the state. Some of these include Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, Butler Tech, Cuyahoga Community College, Edison Community College, Lincoln College, National College, Lorain County Community College and numerous others. The cost of the program, the schedule of the courses and the structure of the program can vary, so it is important for students to conduct research before enrolling in a program.
Salary Outlook for Phlebotomy Technician in Cleveland
The outlook for phlebotomist positions in the Cleveland area is excellent. As the population increases, the need for medical care workers in general will increase. The current average salary for a full-time phlebotomist in the state is approximately $27,000, but this may vary based on the experience of the worker, the location of the position and the type of work environment the position offers.
Matching School Ads
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Locations: Grand Prairie
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!