Generally, phlebotomy training in Cleveland can be completed within approximately two to three months. Most programs are approximately 90 to 120 hours in length, and the total course time will be dependent on how frequently the classes meet. Programs generally have a classroom educational component and a clinical educational component to provide the student with hands-on experience in a real medical clinic. There are a number of schools that offer training programs for this certification. A full college degree is not needed, but some students will have a college degree before enrolling in the program. Upon completion of most programs, students should be prepared to take and pass the National Healthcareer Assocation certification exam or the National Certification Examination These exams provide licensure for the student to work as a phlebotomist.
Phlebotomy Programs in Cleveland
Programs may be found in a number of technical and community colleges in Cleveland and throughout the state. Some of these include Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, Butler Tech, Cuyahoga Community College, Edison Community College, Lincoln College, National College, Lorain County Community College and numerous others. The cost of the program, the schedule of the courses and the structure of the program can vary, so it is important for students to conduct research before enrolling in a program.
Salary Outlook for Phlebotomy Technician in Cleveland
The outlook for phlebotomist positions in the Cleveland area is excellent. As the population increases, the need for medical care workers in general will increase. The current average salary for a full-time phlebotomist in the state is approximately $27,000, but this may vary based on the experience of the worker, the location of the position and the type of work environment the position offers.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!