Generally, phlebotomy training in Cleveland can be completed within approximately two to three months. Most programs are approximately 90 to 120 hours in length, and the total course time will be dependent on how frequently the classes meet. Programs generally have a classroom educational component and a clinical educational component to provide the student with hands-on experience in a real medical clinic. There are a number of schools that offer training programs for this certification. A full college degree is not needed, but some students will have a college degree before enrolling in the program. Upon completion of most programs, students should be prepared to take and pass the National Healthcareer Assocation certification exam or the National Certification Examination These exams provide licensure for the student to work as a phlebotomist.
Phlebotomy Programs in Cleveland
Programs may be found in a number of technical and community colleges in Cleveland and throughout the state. Some of these include Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, Butler Tech, Cuyahoga Community College, Edison Community College, Lincoln College, National College, Lorain County Community College and numerous others. The cost of the program, the schedule of the courses and the structure of the program can vary, so it is important for students to conduct research before enrolling in a program.
Salary Outlook for Phlebotomy Technician in Cleveland
The outlook for phlebotomist positions in the Cleveland area is excellent. As the population increases, the need for medical care workers in general will increase. The current average salary for a full-time phlebotomist in the state is approximately $27,000, but this may vary based on the experience of the worker, the location of the position and the type of work environment the position offers.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Billing & Coding Specialist
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!