Those looking to get their phlebotomy training in Colorado may become overwhelmed with the various opportunities that are offered throughout the state. The first step in getting trained as a phlebotomist in Colorado is to pick an approved program that is both affordable and well managed. Here are some of the basics for phlebotomy training in Colorado.
Overview of Phlebotomy Training in Colorado
Colorado is one of the best states for phlebotomy training because there are so many options for programs. Most of the major universities in the state offer phlebotomy training programs, but some private institutions and smaller facilities also have their own training programs. Students should be sure that any program they choose is accredited, so that they can become licensed within the state.
Any school in Colorado should teach a basic curriculum that provides students with the skills they need for a profession in phlebotomy. The skills will include managing bodily fluid samples as well as analyzing them in the lab. Students must also master some of the soft skills necessary for interacting with patients effectively. A program in phlebotomy takes a few months and prepares students to work in a variety of health care settings.
Career Outlook for Phlebotomists in Colorado
Phlebotomists and other health care professionals are currently in demand as the national health care structure continues to favor easier access to care. According to indeed.com, the average salary for a phlebotomist in Colorado is around $25000 per year. Those with more experience can expect to be paid a bit more and work in nicer facilities. Beginning phlebotomists may find their salary to be slightly less than this average. Compared to the cost of living in most parts of Colorado, the salary for a phlebotomist is manageable. Learn more about average salaries for phlebotomists across the country by visiting the following link: http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Phlebotomist-l-Colorado.html
Meeting the Requirements for Phlebotomy Certification
Students must make sure that their program meets the needs of the state certification requirements. Talking with a program official, one can find out if the program is accredited and if it provides all of the skills and training necessary to apply for certification. The national certification exam will also be a part of the process for becoming certified, so students should be sure that their institution’s graduates have a high level of success on completing this test. When done properly, a training course in phlebotomy can be an interesting few months of study that easily leads to a steady career path.
Train for careers that are in-demand and where your success is the number one priority. IBMC College’s small class sizes, caring staff and experienced instructors will provide you with an extra level of support and personalized attention.
At locally owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding career in as little as 6 to 19 months. With 3 northern Colorado campuses to choose from and a variety of diploma and degree program options, you’ll find the path that is the right fit for you.
- Clinical Medical Assisting Diploma
- Dental Assisting Diploma
- Medical Billing Specialist Diploma
- Health Care Bachelor's and Master's Degrees Online From Grand Canyon University
- Develop entry-level skills, prepare to switch to a health care career or strengthen your current skill set.
- Comprehensive lessons & valuable classwork to prepare health care students for their future careers.
- Online classes provide you the flexibility to earn your health care degree from anywhere.
- Curriculum designed by health care industry experts.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Phlebotomy Classes in Colorado
|Accent Learning Systems||1450 S. Havana #232 Aurora, CO 80012||http://www.accentlearning.com/medical/phl.html|
|Arapahoe Community College||5900 South Santa Fe Drive Littleton, CO 80120-1801||http://www.arapahoe.edu/catalog/phlebotomy-certificate.htm|
|Emily Griffith Technical College||37835 Astra Way Watkins, CO 80137||http://www.egos-school.com/health/blog-entry/20081218214252|
|Front Range Community College|| Larimer Campus-4616 S. Shields Street Fort Collins, CO 80526 ||http://www.frontrange.edu/Academics/Fields-of-Study/Phlebotomy-Certification/|
|Front Range Community College||Community Learning Center- 800 S. Taft Loveland, CO 80537||http://www.frontrange.edu/Academics/Fields-of-Study/Phlebotomy-Certification/|
|Colorado Mesa State University||1100 North Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81501-3122||http://www.coloradomesa.edu/healthsciences/PhlebotomyTechnician.html|
|Morgan Community College||920 Barlow Road Fort Morgan, CO 80701||http://www.morgancc.edu/academics/programs/#!prettyPhoto|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Centennial Campus (south)-5675 South Academy Boulevard Colorado Springs, CO 80906||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Rampart Range Campus (north) - 11195 Highway 83 Colorado Springs, CO 80921||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pikes Peak Community College||Falcon Campus (northeast)- 11990 Swingline Road Falcon, CO 80831||http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/medical-office-technology.htm|
|Pima Medical Institute|| Colorado Springs-3770 Citadel Drive North Colorado Springs, CO 80909||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pima Medical Institute||Denver-7475 Dakin Street Denver, CO 80221||http://pmi.edu/careers/phlebotomy_technician.asp|
|Pueblo Community College|| Pueblo Campus- 900 W. Orman Ave Pueblo CO, 81004 ||http://www.pueblocc.edu/Academics/AreasStudy/HealthProfessions/PhlebotomyTechnician/|
|Pueblo Community College||Fremont Campus-51320 W Highway 50 Canon City, CO 81212||http://www.pueblocc.edu/Academics/AreasStudy/HealthProfessions/PhlebotomyTechnician/|
|Red Rocks Community College|| Lakewood Campus-13300 West Sixth Avenue Lakewood, CO 80228||http://www.rrcc.edu/health/phlebotomy.html|
|Red Rocks Community College||Arvada Campus-5420 Miller Street Arvada, CO 80002||http://www.rrcc.edu/health/phlebotomy.html|
|Stillwater College||4155 E Jewell Ave #316 Denver, CO 80222||http://www.stillwatercollege.net/PhlebotomyTechnician.php|