Within Dallas, Eastfield College required its students to provide proof of high school diploma, GED or college transcipt, along with immunizations. The certificate program is made up of two courses for phlebotomy technicians: Phlebotomy Essentials (48 clock hours of in-class training) and Phlebotomy Clinical (120 clinical hours and 110 successful blood collections within a clinical facility). Students are then eligible for the certification exam given by the American Society for Clinical Pathology. El Centro College, also in Dallas, offers a phlebotomy training program starting with Introduction to Phlebotomy. Other schools in Dallas include CCI Training Center, Hearts in Training Dallas Nurse Aide School, Richland College and Brookhaven College. Elite Medical Academy offers an eight-week course which prepares students to take and pass the National Healthcare Exam. Richland College offers a program comprised of 231 hours of in-class instruction as well as 120 hours of supervised clinical internship, with tuition of $1,655 to attend.
Phlebotomists in Dallas may pursue their career within several venues, such as hospitals, labs, blood banks, health clinics, doctors' offices, pharmaceutical companies and home health care agencies. Many work at large area hospitals, such as Baylor University Medical Center, UT Southwestern Medical Center and Medical City Dallas Hospital, all in Dallas. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary in this country for phlebotomists is 29,730 per year, with a faster-than-average job growth rate of 27 percent by 2020. Texas ranks second in highest paying phlebotomy jobs, with total employment of 7,040 and an annual mean wage of $27,800. The hourly mean wage for that area is $13.37.
Matching School Ads
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Locations: Grand Prairie
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!