Within Dallas, Eastfield College required its students to provide proof of high school diploma, GED or college transcipt, along with immunizations. The certificate program is made up of two courses for phlebotomy technicians: Phlebotomy Essentials (48 clock hours of in-class training) and Phlebotomy Clinical (120 clinical hours and 110 successful blood collections within a clinical facility). Students are then eligible for the certification exam given by the American Society for Clinical Pathology. El Centro College, also in Dallas, offers a phlebotomy training program starting with Introduction to Phlebotomy. Other schools in Dallas include CCI Training Center, Hearts in Training Dallas Nurse Aide School, Richland College and Brookhaven College. Elite Medical Academy offers an eight-week course which prepares students to take and pass the National Healthcare Exam. Richland College offers a program comprised of 231 hours of in-class instruction as well as 120 hours of supervised clinical internship, with tuition of $1,655 to attend.
Phlebotomists in Dallas may pursue their career within several venues, such as hospitals, labs, blood banks, health clinics, doctors' offices, pharmaceutical companies and home health care agencies. Many work at large area hospitals, such as Baylor University Medical Center, UT Southwestern Medical Center and Medical City Dallas Hospital, all in Dallas. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary in this country for phlebotomists is 29,730 per year, with a faster-than-average job growth rate of 27 percent by 2020. Texas ranks second in highest paying phlebotomy jobs, with total employment of 7,040 and an annual mean wage of $27,800. The hourly mean wage for that area is $13.37.
Matching School Ads
- Turn Your Love of Helping Others Into a Career in the Health Care Industry With a Degree From Grand Canyon University Online
- Online bachelor's and master's health care degree programs.
- Flexible & affordable online programs designed for the working adult.
- Build a foundational skill set rooted in leadership, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Program in health care admin, health science, public health and more.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!