List of major cities which offer Phlebotomy Training in Fresno
In addition to through the academic program mentioned above, aspiring phlebotomists can also complete their training in the nearby cities of San Jose, San Francisco, or Los Angeles, where there are many more institutions offering academic programs in this area. Other academic programs that interested individuals can consider include studies in pharmacy technology, nursing, and radiology technology. The Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts offers its phlebotomy technician program at its campuses in San Mateo, Modesto, and Concord in addition to Fresno.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Fresno
Training in phlebotomy typically requires a student to demonstrate proficiency in subjects like physiology, anatomy, and medical terminology. Those who are successful in phlebotomy programs generally have some strength in the sciences and are capable of successfully carrying out laboratory procedures. Students must also become CPR certified and gain a thorough understanding of the circulatory system.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in Fresno jobs
Individuals working as phlebotomists in Fresno can typically earn a salary of around $27,000. However, those who are just starting out in the profession will usually not make much money at the outset of their phlebotomy careers. A typical starting salary for a phlebotomist might be as little as $20,000. Yet there are many opportunities for those looking for work as a phelbotomist, with the industry suspected to grow around 10 percent through the year 2018. Phlebotomists can expect regular raises throughout their careers, and the knowledge acquired during training to become a phlebotomist can be bridged over toward advanced training in another area of medicine or medical technology.
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Pharmacy Technician (11-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Assisting
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- And more...
- Founded in 1951 by World War II veteran Donald Grantham to provide affordable, higher education for service members and their families.
- Approved by all branches of the United States Armed Forces for Tuition Assistance (TA), and for benefits payments by the Department of Veteran Affairs benefits (VA).
- Reviews applicants’ military and professional training for possible transfer credits, and honors credit earned through successful completion of Defense Acquisition University (DAU) courses.
- Participates in GoArmyEd, Marine Corps Academic Explorer, The Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (CCAF), and many other virtual gateways.
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Coding and Billing
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure