Becoming a Phlebotomist is a great way to start a career in the heath field. Phlebotomist gain valuable experience in patient care and the processing and handling of drawn blood specimens. Many health professionals got their start as a phlebotomist and were able to successfully advance to other health care positions.
To become a phlebotomist in Illinois, you'll need to check with individual employers for requirements. A certificate program related to phlebotomy or an Associate’s degree may be required. In general, the state of Illinois does not mandate phlebotomist technicians to be certified. Training involves learning how to draw blood specimens using the venipuncture procedure as well as knowing proper labeling, storing, and transporting procedures for collected samples.
This is a great time to consider being a phlebotomist. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects jobs for phlebotomists nationally will increase by 16% through 2018. Compared to the national average, the job openings for phlebotomists in Illinois are projected to be slow, but steady in growth. A great way to increase employability is to also become EKG Certified. The average phlebotomist working in Illinois earns between $28,544 and $47,096 and is dependent on experience level, education, and area. If you work near Chicago, the salary will be above the national average salary for phlebotomists. Train in Illinois and enjoy working as a phlebotomist in hospitals, medical labs, doctor offices, or clinics.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Phlebotomy Classes in Illinois
|City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College||1900 W. Van Buren St. Chicago, IL 60612||http://www.ccc.edu/colleges/malcolm-x/departments/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|City Colleges of Chicago-Wilbur Wright College||226 W. Jackson Chicago, IL 60606||http://www.ccc.edu/colleges/wright/departments/Pages/Phlebotomy-Technician.aspx|
|College of DuPage||425 Fawell Blvd. Glen Ellyn, IL 60137||http://www.cod.edu/programs/health_sciences/phlebot.aspx|
|College of Lake County||19351 West Washington Street Grayslake, IL 60030-1198||http://www.clcillinois.edu/programs/pbt/|
|Elgin Community College||1700 Spartan Drive Elgin, IL 60123-7193||http://www.elgin.edu/catalogprograms/ProgramDetail.aspx?Program=CLTPBT.BVS|
|Harper College||1200 W. Algonquin Road Palatine, IL 60067||http://goforward.harpercollege.edu/academics/areas/health/phlebotomy.php|
|Illinois Central College||East Peoria Campus- 1 Campus Dr. East Peoria, IL 61635-0001||http://www.icc.edu/catalog/cat_display.asp?id=1409|
|Illinois Central College||Downtown Campus- 115 SW Adams St. Peoria, IL 61635-0001||http://www.icc.edu/catalog/cat_display.asp?id=1409|
|Illinois Central College||ICC North Campus-5407 N University St. Peoria, IL 61635-0001||http://www.icc.edu/catalog/cat_display.asp?id=1409|
|Illinois Valley Community College||815 North Orlando Smith Road Oglesby, IL 61348||http://catalog.ivcc.edu/guidesheet/certificate/phlebotomy/|
|Joliet Junior College||1215 Houbolt Road Joliet, IL 60431-8938||http://www.jjc.edu/academics/divisions/nursing-allied-health/allied-health/Pages/certified-phlebotomy-technician-info.aspx|
|Lake Land College||5001 Lake Land Blvd. Mattoon, IL 61938||http://www.lakeland.cc.il.us/coursedescription/courselisting-subject.cfm?prefix1=AHE|
|Lincoln Land Community College||5250 Shepherd Road Springfield, IL 62794-9256||http://www.llcc.edu/cctc/PhlebotomyTraining/tabid/6689/Default.aspx|
|Moraine Valley Community College||9000 W. College Pkwy., Palos Hills IL 60465-2478||http://www.morainevalley.edu/programs/2010-2011/1306_course.htm|
|Oakton Community College||Des Plaines Campus- 1600 East Golf Road Des Plaines, IL 60016||http://www.oakton.edu/academics/academic_departments/phlebotomy/index.php|
|Oakton Community College||Skokie Campus- 7701 North Lincoln Avenue Skokie, IL 60077||http://www.oakton.edu/academics/academic_departments/phlebotomy/index.php|
|Olney Central College- An Illinois Eastern Community College||305 North West Street Olney, IL 62450-1099||http://www.iecc.edu/occ/programs.html|
|Olney Central College- An Illinois Eastern Community College||Frontier Community College-2 Frontier Drive Fairfield, IL 62837-2601||http://www.iecc.edu/occ/programs.html|
|Richland Community College||One College Park Decatur, IL 62521||http://www.richland.edu/programs/phlebotomy|
|South Suburban College||15800 South State Street South Holland, IL 60473-1200||http://www.ssc.edu/en_US/Academics/Allied_Health/Phlebotomy/default.asp|
|South Suburban College||Belleville Campus- 2500 Carlyle Ave. Belleville, IL 62221||http://www.swic.edu/phleb/|
|South Suburban College||Sam Wolf Granite City Campus- 4950 Maryville Road Granite City, IL 62040||http://www.swic.edu/phleb/|
|Stars Academy School of Phlebotomy||Hill Creek Plaza, 8077 W. 95th Street Hickory Hills, IL 60457||http://www.stars-academy.net/baby.html|
|Waubonsee Community College||Aurora Campus- 18 S. River Street Aurora, IL 60506-4134||http://www.waubonsee.edu/learning/academics/career/phlebotomy/435/index.php|
|Waubonsee Community College||Copley Campus- 2060 Ogden Avenue Aurora, IL 60504-7222||http://www.waubonsee.edu/learning/academics/career/phlebotomy/435/index.php|
|Waubonsee Community College||Plano Campus-100 Waubonsee Drive Plano, IL 60545||http://www.waubonsee.edu/learning/academics/career/phlebotomy/435/index.php|
|Waubonsee Community College||Sugar Grove Campus-Route 47 at Waubonsee Drive Sugar Grove, IL 60554-9454||http://www.waubonsee.edu/learning/academics/career/phlebotomy/435/index.php|
|Black Hawk College||6600 34th Ave. Moline, IL 61265||http://www.bhc.edu/2011/03/phlebotomy-technician/|