Becoming a Phlebotomist is a great way to start a career in the heath field. Phlebotomist gain valuable experience in patient care and the processing and handling of drawn blood specimens. Many health professionals got their start as a phlebotomist and were able to successfully advance to other health care positions.
To become a phlebotomist in Illinois, you’ll need to check with individual employers for requirements. A certificate program related to phlebotomy or an Associate’s degree may be required. In general, the state of Illinois does not mandate phlebotomist technicians to be certified. Training involves learning how to draw blood specimens using the venipuncture procedure as well as knowing proper labeling, storing, and transporting procedures for collected samples.City Specific Articles for Illinois
This is a great time to consider being a phlebotomist. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects jobs for phlebotomists nationally will increase by 16% through 2018. Compared to the national average, the job openings for phlebotomists in Illinois are projected to be slow, but steady in growth. A great way to increase employability is to also become EKG Certified. The average phlebotomist working in Illinois earns between $28,544 and $47,096 and is dependent on experience level, education, and area. If you work near Chicago, the salary will be above the national average salary for phlebotomists. Train in Illinois and enjoy working as a phlebotomist in hospitals, medical labs, doctor offices, or clinics.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
More Phlebotomy Classes in Illinois
|City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College||1900 W. Van Buren St. Chicago, IL 60612||http://www.ccc.edu/colleges/malcolm-x/departments/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|City Colleges of Chicago-Wilbur Wright College||226 W. Jackson Chicago, IL 60606||http://www.ccc.edu/colleges/wright/departments/Pages/Phlebotomy-Technician.aspx|
|College of DuPage||425 Fawell Blvd. Glen Ellyn, IL 60137||http://www.cod.edu/programs/health_sciences/phlebot.aspx|
|College of Lake County||19351 West Washington Street Grayslake, IL 60030-1198||http://www.clcillinois.edu/programs/pbt/|
|Elgin Community College||1700 Spartan Drive Elgin, IL 60123-7193||http://www.elgin.edu/catalogprograms/ProgramDetail.aspx?Program=CLTPBT.BVS|
|Harper College||1200 W. Algonquin Road Palatine, IL 60067||http://goforward.harpercollege.edu/academics/areas/health/phlebotomy.php|
|Illinois Central College||East Peoria Campus- 1 Campus Dr. East Peoria, IL 61635-0001||http://www.icc.edu/catalog/cat_display.asp?id=1409|
|Illinois Central College||Downtown Campus- 115 SW Adams St. Peoria, IL 61635-0001||http://www.icc.edu/catalog/cat_display.asp?id=1409|
|Illinois Central College||ICC North Campus-5407 N University St. Peoria, IL 61635-0001||http://www.icc.edu/catalog/cat_display.asp?id=1409|
|Illinois Valley Community College||815 North Orlando Smith Road Oglesby, IL 61348||http://catalog.ivcc.edu/guidesheet/certificate/phlebotomy/|
|Joliet Junior College||1215 Houbolt Road Joliet, IL 60431-8938||http://www.jjc.edu/academics/divisions/nursing-allied-health/allied-health/Pages/certified-phlebotomy-technician-info.aspx|
|Lake Land College||5001 Lake Land Blvd. Mattoon, IL 61938||http://www.lakeland.cc.il.us/coursedescription/courselisting-subject.cfm?prefix1=AHE|
|Lincoln Land Community College||5250 Shepherd Road Springfield, IL 62794-9256||http://www.llcc.edu/cctc/PhlebotomyTraining/tabid/6689/Default.aspx|
|Moraine Valley Community College||9000 W. College Pkwy., Palos Hills IL 60465-2478||http://www.morainevalley.edu/programs/2010-2011/1306_course.htm|
|Oakton Community College||Des Plaines Campus- 1600 East Golf Road Des Plaines, IL 60016||http://www.oakton.edu/academics/academic_departments/phlebotomy/index.php|
|Oakton Community College||Skokie Campus- 7701 North Lincoln Avenue Skokie, IL 60077||http://www.oakton.edu/academics/academic_departments/phlebotomy/index.php|
|Olney Central College- An Illinois Eastern Community College||305 North West Street Olney, IL 62450-1099||http://www.iecc.edu/occ/programs.html|
|Olney Central College- An Illinois Eastern Community College||Frontier Community College-2 Frontier Drive Fairfield, IL 62837-2601||http://www.iecc.edu/occ/programs.html|
|Richland Community College||One College Park Decatur, IL 62521||http://www.richland.edu/programs/phlebotomy|
|South Suburban College||15800 South State Street South Holland, IL 60473-1200||http://www.ssc.edu/en_US/Academics/Allied_Health/Phlebotomy/default.asp|
|South Suburban College||Belleville Campus- 2500 Carlyle Ave. Belleville, IL 62221||http://www.swic.edu/phleb/|
|South Suburban College||Sam Wolf Granite City Campus- 4950 Maryville Road Granite City, IL 62040||http://www.swic.edu/phleb/|
|Stars Academy School of Phlebotomy||Hill Creek Plaza, 8077 W. 95th Street Hickory Hills, IL 60457||http://www.stars-academy.net/baby.html|
|Waubonsee Community College||Aurora Campus- 18 S. River Street Aurora, IL 60506-4134||http://www.waubonsee.edu/learning/academics/career/phlebotomy/435/index.php|
|Waubonsee Community College||Copley Campus- 2060 Ogden Avenue Aurora, IL 60504-7222||http://www.waubonsee.edu/learning/academics/career/phlebotomy/435/index.php|
|Waubonsee Community College||Plano Campus-100 Waubonsee Drive Plano, IL 60545||http://www.waubonsee.edu/learning/academics/career/phlebotomy/435/index.php|
|Waubonsee Community College||Sugar Grove Campus-Route 47 at Waubonsee Drive Sugar Grove, IL 60554-9454||http://www.waubonsee.edu/learning/academics/career/phlebotomy/435/index.php|
|Black Hawk College||6600 34th Ave. Moline, IL 61265||http://www.bhc.edu/2011/03/phlebotomy-technician/|