When you have decided that you want a professional job in the medical field, there are many different types of careers that you could choose depending on the amount of training and the salary that you are looking for. A phlebotomist is someone who is needed in every area of the medical field. They draw the blood for therapeutic treatment as ordered by a physician in a doctor’s offices, hospitals and clinics.
Today, the state of Kansas has a strong economy with the unemployment rate well below the national average. In the past five years, the need for Phlebotomists has grown and will continue to grow nationwide as well as other medical jobs. A male or female who is properly trained would be able to find work quickly after graduation
Opportunities for a Career in Phlebotomy in Kansas
Throughout Kansas, the starting salary is $29,000 - $33,000, so a graduating student would be earning a good salary right out of school. And, because Kansas has a low cost of living that salary would go even farther. Phlebotomy training is a great skill to have whether you are starting a career in the medical community or you want to become certified as an addition to your present medical position. Phlebotomy is also a career that allows people to use their skills helping people every day.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training
The training to become a Phlebotomist focuses on the skills required for the daily job. Certification is necessary to work as a Phlebotomist in Kansas and that is achieved by passing the state examination through the Board of Registry. Six credit hours of education along with adequate clinical studies comprise the total training, and then the examination for certification can be scheduled.
The basic classes include anatomy and physiology of the vascular system, venipuncture and the capillary puncture techniques. These courses emphasize the basic techniques and equipment that is used on a daily basis by a Phlebotomist. Medical and legal issues are addressed and appropriate interpersonal skills with patients are covered. Fees are typically comprehensive, and they can be paid either by the student or a supporter.
A Thriving and Rewarding Career
Phlebotomy is a growing career in the medical field, and for those who are trained, a rewarding career lies ahead for those who successfully graduate. Jobs in phlebotomy allow those who have been well-trained to demonstrate their skills and use their natural sense of compassion with the people they work with everyday. Gaining experience in the field, a phlebotomist is able to progress in the field and earn an increasing salary as well as a well-earned reputation.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Health and Wellness
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!