Major Cities Offering Phlebotomy Training in Nevada
Many major cities offer phlebotomy training opportunities in Nevada. In addition to Las Vegas, Henderson, Reno, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Sparks, and Carson City name only a few, but smaller towns offer courses in phlebotomy as well. Prospective students can take courses in a variety of settings, including community colleges, colleges, and universities.
Requirements for Phlebotomy Traning in Las Vegas
Nevada requires phlebotomy students to follow specific requirements in order to be licensed by the state and these same requirements must be fulfilled regardless of city. Las Vegas students must be at least 18. They must have a high school diploma or its equivalency. Students must pass a physical examiniation, including a drug test. They must be up to date on vaccinations and be tested for tuberculosis to ensure that they are healthy and will not endanger their patients, nor be endangered by exposure to a healthcare setting. Students must take coursework about human anatomy, the process of giving blood, and how to successfully help patients during the procedure. Phlebotomists must be competent in the use of all equipment involved in drawing blood as well. Once coursework is successfully completed, their studies will culminate in a clinical session. They must pass exams and finally apply for their license.
Outlook for Phlebotomists in Las Vegas
The healthcare field is booming and shows no signs of stopping. There are good prospects for work in phlebotomy in Las Vegas with an average salary ranging from $22000 to $28000.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!