Prospective students who are interested in obtaining phlebotomy training in Maryland have many factors to consider. First, obtaining certification in phlebotomy is the initial step in obtaining employment in the field as well as earning a higher starting salary for the position. Phlebotomists can expect to find jobs in doctor’s offices, hospitals, labs, or clinics once they have earned certification.
Getting Accepted into a Phlebotomy Certification Maryland Program
While most certification or training programs do not have prerequisite classes, there are some basic requirements that students must meet before they can enroll. Students must have earned either a high school diploma or a GED to be considered for this type of medical program. Students must also pass a drug test and pass a criminal background check. Once these requirements are met, students are free to enroll.
Learning the Basics of Phlebotomy
Phlebotomy training in MD begins with class work. Before students are allowed to draw blood from patients, they must study the following topics: medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, infection control, and legal issues. Students must also learn about diseases and basic lab testing. Other topics of study include techniques of blood drawing, collection of specimen, and skin puncturing. This coursework must be successfully completed before students are allowed to begin the next portion of the phlebotomy training MD program.
Another integral part of any phlebotomy training in Maryland will be the hands-on practice that students need. During this phase of the certification program, students will practice drawing blood during training exercises. The initial training exercises do not involve human beings. Instead, students practice on artificial limbs to gain experience. Once students have gained enough practical experience, they will be allowed to draw blood from actual patients. Some phlebotomy training MD programs require students to complete internships in clinical settings to gain further experience.
Other Areas of Study
Students enrolled in phlebotomy training in MD will learn more than just medical basics and blood drawing techniques. Good phlebotomy programs prepare students to work in real world medical settings. Students will learn the importance of keeping accurate medical records on the job. Additionally, students will be taught to interact with patients. This training includes how to be empathetic and compassionate with patients.
Phlebotomy Training in Baltimore, MD
There are many options when it comes to phlebotomy training in Baltimore. Some programs are offered in an accelerated format and can be completed in just a matter of weeks. Other programs, especially when taken on a part-time basis, take longer to complete. Some schools even offer online phlebotomy programs for students who wish to learn in an online format.
Students who are considering phlebotomy training in Maryland should recognize the positive job outlook for this particular profession. Phlebotomists are always in demand. Once phlebotomy certification Maryland is earned, students can choose between part-time and full-time work in a variety of settings. The starting salary for a phlebotomist professional is high enough to make this job opportunity worthwhile for students interested in the medical field.
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Clinical Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Fortis Medical Assistant Program
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
More Phlebotomy Classes in Maryland
|Allegany College of Maryland||Cumberland Campus-12401 Willowbrook Road Cumberland, MD 21502||http://www.allegany.edu/x268.xml|
|Allied Health, LLC||2500 N. Rolling Road Windsor Mill, MD 21244 Suite 202||http://www.bahtc.com/APA%20Registration%20List.html|
|Anne Arundel Community College||101 College Parkway Arnold, MD 21012-1895||http://www.aacc.edu/medicalassisting/mda_phlebotomy.cfm|
|Carroll Community College||1601 Washington Road Westminster, MD 21157||http://www.carrollcc.edu/courses/noncredit/career/Certificate%20Programs/phlebotomytech.asp|
|Chesapeake College||P.O. Box 8 Wye Mills, MD 21679||http://www.chesapeake.edu/alliedhealth/phlebotomy/|
|College of Southern Maryland||8730 Mitchell Road PO Box 910 La Plata, MD 20646-0910||http://www.csmd.edu/CareerStarters/PhlebotomyTech.html|
|Fortis College||4351 Garden City Drive Landover, MD 20785||http://www.fortis.edu/continue-education/phlebotomy-certification/4351-garden-city-drive-landover-md.aspx|
|Frederick Community College||7932 Opposumtown Pike Frederick, MD 21702||http://www.frederick.edu/courses_and_programs/ce_alliedhealth.aspx#|
|Hagerstown Community College||11400 Robinwood Drive Hagerstown, MD 21742||http://www.hagerstowncc.edu/academics/programs/phlebotomy|
|Harford Community College||401 Thomas Run Road Bel Air, MD||http://www.harford.edu/Schedule/U_noncrweb.asp?FA=ContEd&SelectionType=4&GroupChoice=PB|
|Kaplan University||18618 Crestwood Drive Hagerstown, MD 21742||http://www.kaplanuniversity.edu/health-sciences/phlebotomist-certifiate.aspx|
|Montgomery College||Takoma Park/ Silver Spring Campus Health Sciences Institute 7977 Georgia Avenue Silver Spring, MD 20910||http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/wdce/hsi/entrylevel.html|
|Prince George’s Community College||301 Largo Road Largo, MD 20774-2199||http://www.pgcc.edu/Programs_and_Courses/Noncredit/Noncredit_Program_Detail.aspx?id=6442462795|
|Stein Academy||600 Reisterstown Rd Baltimore, MD 21208||http://steinacademy.com/ind_pag.php?id=22|
|Wor-Wic Community College||32000 Campus Drive Salisbury, MD 21804||http://www.worwic.edu/Search.aspx?Query=phlebotomy|
|Doctor’s Help||Southern MD-Gateway East Medical Building-6188 Oxon Hill Road National Harbor, MD 20745||http://doctorshelp.org/Workshop_Training.html|
|Doctor’s Help||Baltimore- Saint Agnes Hospital Medical Center-3455 Wilkens Ave Baltimore, MD 21229||http://doctorshelp.org/Workshop_Training.html|