Phlebotomy Classes in Miami
Miami-Dade College at 950 NW 20 Street offers a phlebotomy program on its medical campus to prepare students in the science of drawing blood by venipuncture as well as capillary puncture. Students learn how to take blood specimens, how to properly label them, and how to transport them to the laboratory. Classes take just one semester to complete.
Another school in Miami offering a degree and certification in phlebotomy is the Florida Medical Training Institute on 7902 NW 36 Street. This is a dual-certification course in both phlebotomy and EKG tech, involving two parts to the course followed by a 120-hour externship. Other Miami schools include Genesis Vocational Institute, CBT College, Life-Line Med Training and Nursing Unlimited.
Phlebotomy Salary in Miami
The median annual wage for phlebotomists in the United States is $29,730, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The state of Florida has the third highest employment level for phlebotomy, with an annual mean wage of $27,310. Job growth in this industry is expected to grow by 27 percent by 2020, which is much faster than the average occupation in the U.S. Many hospitals, blood donor programs, medical centers, labs and doctors' offices in Miami looking for qualified phlebotomists require not only a post-secondary award from a reputable phlebotomy program but also certification and licensure.
Matching School Ads
Florida Technical College has structured its Health Care, Technology, and Programming curricula to achieve one thing for its students: success in the real world.
- Medical Assistant Technician - Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Blended - Diploma
- And more...
In response to the demand of Florida's rapidly growing population, City College is focused on, and committed to, providing the best in business and career education.
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Locations: Grand Prairie
Turn your talents into a career. Nationally recognized and accredited Platt College offers degree programs in Graphic Design, Multimedia, IT Networking and Paralegal.
- Respiratory Therapy
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!