What Does Phlebotomy Training in Mississippi Involve?For those who are interested in phlebotomy in Mississippi, they will need adequate training to perform their job with skill. Coursework involves instruction and clinical experience and is best through a program that is backed by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science. Upon completion of a program, graduates will be certified to perform phlebotomy in the state of Mississippi. A thorough understanding of venipuncture, or the cutting of a vein, will be acquired through coursework. The course of study could take anywhere from half a year to a year. Students can expect to focus on anatomy, proper use of equipment, the proper technique for venipuncture, steps to prepare a patient, how to reduce the risk of infection, and caring for the patient. It is essential that students successfully perform venipuncture a specified number of times during clinical practice.
What are the Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Mississippi?In order to become a phlebotomist in Mississippi, students must be at least eighteen years of age. They must be up to date on all necessary immunizations. A high school diploma or its equivalent is necessary. In addition, training locations are likely to do a criminal background check. Many locations will ask for recommendations and an essay explaining why individuals want to pursue a career in phlebotomy.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in MississippiProspects are good in the state of Mississippi when it comes to phlebotomy. Healthcare is in demand across the nation and shows no signs of slowing. On average, a phlebotomist can expect to make at least $35,000 per year. This figure can vary according to experience, training, and location. Larger cities and more affluent areas tend to mean a larger salary while wages are generally lower in more rural locations. Students should be prepared to relocate to areas with the best prospects in Mississippi upon completion of phlebotomy training. They should be prepared to be flexible and work their way up the ladder. Time and quality performance will pay off.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
More Phlebotomy Classes in Mississippi
|Coahoma Community College||3240 Friars Point Road Clarksdale, MS 38614||http://www.coahomacc.edu/healthsciences/phlebotemy/index.php|
|Hinds Community College||PO Box1100 Raymond, MS 39154||http://www.hindscc.edu/Departments/health_related_professions/ShortTerm.aspx|
|Meridian Community College||910 Hwy 19 N Meridian, MS 39307||http://www.meridiancc.edu/workforce_development/medical_related_education/phlebotomy.htm|
|Mississippi Delta Community College||PO Box 668 Hwy 3 &Cherry St. Moorhead, MS 38761||http://www.msdelta.edu/mdcc/health_sciences/phlebotomy/index.html|
|Pine Belt Education Center||923 Sawmill Road Laurel, MS 39440||http://www.jones.k12.ms.us/pbec/programs.html|
|East Mississippi Community College||Main Campus-1512 Kemper Street PO Box 158 Scooba, MS 39358||http://www.eastms.edu/workforce2/WF-classes-training/WF-medical/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|East Mississippi Community College||Golden Triangle-8731 South Frontage Road PO Box 100 Mayhew, MS 39753||http://www.eastms.edu/workforce2/WF-classes-training/WF-medical/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Perkinston Campus-PO Box 548 (ground address 51 Main St) Perkinston, MS 39573||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Jackson County Campus-PO Box 100 (ground address 2300 Highway 90) Gautier, MS 39553||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Jefferson Davis Campus- 2226 Switzer Rd. Gulfport, MS 39507||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Community Campus-10298 Express Dr. Gulfport, MS 39503||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|