What Does Phlebotomy Training in Mississippi Involve?For those who are interested in phlebotomy in Mississippi, they will need adequate training to perform their job with skill. Coursework involves instruction and clinical experience and is best through a program that is backed by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science. Upon completion of a program, graduates will be certified to perform phlebotomy in the state of Mississippi. A thorough understanding of venipuncture, or the cutting of a vein, will be acquired through coursework. The course of study could take anywhere from half a year to a year. Students can expect to focus on anatomy, proper use of equipment, the proper technique for venipuncture, steps to prepare a patient, how to reduce the risk of infection, and caring for the patient. It is essential that students successfully perform venipuncture a specified number of times during clinical practice.
What are the Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Mississippi?In order to become a phlebotomist in Mississippi, students must be at least eighteen years of age. They must be up to date on all necessary immunizations. A high school diploma or its equivalent is necessary. In addition, training locations are likely to do a criminal background check. Many locations will ask for recommendations and an essay explaining why individuals want to pursue a career in phlebotomy.
Outlook for Phlebotomy Training in MississippiProspects are good in the state of Mississippi when it comes to phlebotomy. Healthcare is in demand across the nation and shows no signs of slowing. On average, a phlebotomist can expect to make at least $35,000 per year. This figure can vary according to experience, training, and location. Larger cities and more affluent areas tend to mean a larger salary while wages are generally lower in more rural locations. Students should be prepared to relocate to areas with the best prospects in Mississippi upon completion of phlebotomy training. They should be prepared to be flexible and work their way up the ladder. Time and quality performance will pay off.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
More Phlebotomy Classes in Mississippi
|Coahoma Community College||3240 Friars Point Road Clarksdale, MS 38614||http://www.coahomacc.edu/healthsciences/phlebotemy/index.php|
|Hinds Community College||PO Box1100 Raymond, MS 39154||http://www.hindscc.edu/Departments/health_related_professions/ShortTerm.aspx|
|Meridian Community College||910 Hwy 19 N Meridian, MS 39307||http://www.meridiancc.edu/workforce_development/medical_related_education/phlebotomy.htm|
|Mississippi Delta Community College||PO Box 668 Hwy 3 &Cherry St. Moorhead, MS 38761||http://www.msdelta.edu/mdcc/health_sciences/phlebotomy/index.html|
|Pine Belt Education Center||923 Sawmill Road Laurel, MS 39440||http://www.jones.k12.ms.us/pbec/programs.html|
|East Mississippi Community College||Main Campus-1512 Kemper Street PO Box 158 Scooba, MS 39358||http://www.eastms.edu/workforce2/WF-classes-training/WF-medical/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|East Mississippi Community College||Golden Triangle-8731 South Frontage Road PO Box 100 Mayhew, MS 39753||http://www.eastms.edu/workforce2/WF-classes-training/WF-medical/Pages/Phlebotomy.aspx|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Perkinston Campus-PO Box 548 (ground address 51 Main St) Perkinston, MS 39573||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Jackson County Campus-PO Box 100 (ground address 2300 Highway 90) Gautier, MS 39553||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Jefferson Davis Campus- 2226 Switzer Rd. Gulfport, MS 39507||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||Community Campus-10298 Express Dr. Gulfport, MS 39503||http://www.mgccc.edu/community/continuing_education/program.php?id=51|