» Anatomy and Physiology
» Medical Terminology
» Venipuncture techniques
» Collection and Sample Handling Procedures
» Technician and Patient Safety
» Other practical courses.
Once the courses have been completed at an accredited facility, students can then go on to register for certification exams. Certification is a great goal for students seeking careers in this field. Phlebotomists with certifications are known to make a higher annual salary than those who fail to complete this important step in the training process.
Nebraska Phlebotomy Pre-RequisitesAs with most higher education facilities, colleges offering phlebotomy training require a high-school diploma or equivalent for enrollment. Other pre-requisites may vary per institution. Plebotomists who have successfully completed an accredited training program are not required to have any prior work-history within the field. These positions are very entry-level friendly, with room for promotions. In Nebraska, trainees must be 18 years or older. They are required to pass a background check and have a photo I.D from the state of Nebraska. Students must also be able to show proof of a physical examination, up to date immunizations, and a tuberculosis screening.
Nebraska Phlebotomist Career Outlook and SalaryNationally, phlebotomists brought home an average annual salary of $30,790 in 2011. In the state of Nebraska, the average salary for phlebotomy is $24,500. Experts have predicted the demand for phlebotomists is set to rise between 10% and 19% from 2012 to 2020. There are open phlebotomy positions widely available in both the private and public health sector. Many students use this certification as a stepping stone into the field of nursing, or another health-care related area.
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Phlebotomy Classes in Nebraska
|Nebraska Methodist College||720 N 87th Street, Omaha, NE 68114||http://www.methodistcollege.edu/phlebotomy|
|Bryant Health||1650 Lake St. Lincoln, NE||http://www.bryanhealth.com/|
|Creighton University||2500 California Plaza Omaha, NE||http://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/departments/creightonmedlaboratoriescml/phlebotomyservices/index.php|
|Vatterott College||11818 I St, Omaha, NE 68137||http://www.vatterott.edu/|
|Western Nebraska Community College||1601 E 27th St Scottsbluff, NE 69361||http://www.wncc.net/|
|Omaha School of Massage and Healthcare||9748 Park Dr Omaha, NE 68127||http://www.osmhc.com/|