» Anatomy and Physiology
» Medical Terminology
» Venipuncture techniques
» Collection and Sample Handling Procedures
» Technician and Patient Safety
» Other practical courses.
Once the courses have been completed at an accredited facility, students can then go on to register for certification exams. Certification is a great goal for students seeking careers in this field. Phlebotomists with certifications are known to make a higher annual salary than those who fail to complete this important step in the training process.
Nebraska Phlebotomy Pre-RequisitesAs with most higher education facilities, colleges offering phlebotomy training require a high-school diploma or equivalent for enrollment. Other pre-requisites may vary per institution. Plebotomists who have successfully completed an accredited training program are not required to have any prior work-history within the field. These positions are very entry-level friendly, with room for promotions. In Nebraska, trainees must be 18 years or older. They are required to pass a background check and have a photo I.D from the state of Nebraska. Students must also be able to show proof of a physical examination, up to date immunizations, and a tuberculosis screening.
Nebraska Phlebotomist Career Outlook and SalaryNationally, phlebotomists brought home an average annual salary of $30,790 in 2011. In the state of Nebraska, the average salary for phlebotomy is $24,500. Experts have predicted the demand for phlebotomists is set to rise between 10% and 19% from 2012 to 2020. There are open phlebotomy positions widely available in both the private and public health sector. Many students use this certification as a stepping stone into the field of nursing, or another health-care related area.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
More Phlebotomy Classes in Nebraska
|Nebraska Methodist College||720 N 87th Street, Omaha, NE 68114||http://www.methodistcollege.edu/phlebotomy|
|Bryant Health||1650 Lake St. Lincoln, NE||http://www.bryanhealth.com/|
|Creighton University||2500 California Plaza Omaha, NE||http://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/departments/creightonmedlaboratoriescml/phlebotomyservices/index.php|
|Vatterott College||11818 I St, Omaha, NE 68137||http://www.vatterott.edu/|
|Western Nebraska Community College||1601 E 27th St Scottsbluff, NE 69361||http://www.wncc.net/|
|Omaha School of Massage and Healthcare||9748 Park Dr Omaha, NE 68127||http://www.osmhc.com/|