Becoming a registered phlebotomist is a great way to enter the medical profession without needing an extensive amount of education. New Hampshire is one of the states where you can get a job as a phlebotomist with a high school diploma and your phlebotomy certification, which takes a few months to train for. Students who wish to become phlebotomists will typically alternate between the classroom and practical work, where they practice drawing blood and maintaining the integrity of those samples.
Given the sensitive nature of blood, where even the slightest contamination can cause serious damage, phlebotomists must be meticulous and flawless in their work. It is a relatively simple job, but one that must be done with proper training and 100% concentration. Because of this, most phlebotomy training programs focus on practical learning.
Phlebotomy Training Requirements
Given the importance of phlebotomists, and the delicate nature of their jobs, there is a fair amount of training associated with this profession. A phlebotomist must be a high school graduate, first and foremost, before they enroll in any training program. Most training programs are heavily science oriented, and will last from four to eight months. It is up to the student whether they study for one or two semester, because they have to pass an exam afterwards.
By taking the state’s phlebotomy exam, a person is fully qualified to be a phlebotomist for any medical institution. The exam comes with its own requirements, which include 40 hours of classroom work, 100 hours of medical training, and at least 100 hours of skin punctures. Given these requirements, many students take close to a year to get their training done. This allows them to work another job as they train. However, it is possible to put in all of this work in a three to four month period and get your certification as quickly as possible.
Phlebotomist Salaries/Job Outlook
A Phlebotomist is likely to get paid between $25,000 to $35,000 per year in New Hampshire. This is the going rate for Phlebotomists in most states, which means that New Hampshire is close to the average for salaries in this position. There are several types of healthcare institutions that will need Phlebotomists in New Hampshire. It is possible to work for hospitals, cancer treatment centers, and nursing homes/elderly care homes if you are choosing to go for your phlebotomy training.
There has been a general upward trend over the past few years in the hiring of medical professionals, and this applies to phlebotomy as well. If you are seriously considering this profession, you will be happy to know that there will be plenty of job openings. In addition, people who have worked in the profession for many years will eventually see greater salaries and work hours.
- Professional Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
More Phlebotomy Classes in New Hampshire
|The Salter School of Nursing & Allied Health||60 Rogers Street, Manchester, NH 03103||http://www.salternursing.com/programs/phlebotomy|
|Manchester Community College||1066 Front St Manchester, NH 03102||http://www.mccnh.edu/|
|River Valley Community College||1 College Pl Claremont, NH 03743||http://www.rivervalley.edu/|
|NH Community Technical College||505 Amherst St Nashua, NH 03063||http://www.nashuacc.edu/|
|New Hampshire Community Technical College||277 Portsmouth Ave, Stratham, NH 03885||http://www.nashuacc.edu/|