Although the state of New Mexico does not require that phlebotomists be certified or licensed, most employers in the state do require that phlebotomists have on-the-job experience. If you don’t have any experience, you will need to take phlebotomy training. New Mexico employers generally require the following criteria for practicing phlebotomists:• Age 18 or over
• High school graduate
• Current with all immunizations
• Trained in CPR and First Aid
• Successfully pass a background and drug test
Other useful attributes that can help you land a job in New Mexico as a phlebotomist are computer systems skills and customer service skills. Phlebotomists who are bilingual are always in demand.
Phlebotomy Job Outlook and Average Salaries
The largest cities, naturally, have the most jobs available, so there is a higher chance of finding employment in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Las Cruces. That said; keep in mind that blood work of some type is necessary for almost every medical procedure, so even the smallest towns need phlebotomists for their laboratories, private physicians, clinics, and hospitals.
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the salary range of Phlebotomy Technicians is between $26,000 and $32,000. The compensation varies according to education and experience. Hospitals tend to pay at the low end of the scale, and private clinics tend to pay at the high end of the scale.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Dental Assistant
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
More Phlebotomy Classes in New Mexico
|Central New Mexico Community College||525 Buena Vista Dr. SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106||http://catalog.cnm.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=12&poid=2401|
|Eastern New Mexico University||1500 S Avenue K, Portales, NM 88130||http://enmu.edu/academics/distance-ed/non-credit/|
|New Mexico State University - Dona Ana Community College||2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd, Las Cruces, NM 88011||http://dacc.nmsu.edu/hps/hca/phlebotomy.html|
|San Juan College||4601 College Boulevard, Farmington, NM 87402||http://www.sanjuancollege.edu/pages/5314.asp|
|Santa Fe Community College||6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87508||http://www.sfcc.edu/programs/phlebotomy|
|University of New Mexico||1634 University Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102||http://dce.unm.edu/phlebotomy-2.htm|
|Southwest Phlebotomy Certification L.L.C||PO Box 90761. Albuquerque, NM 87199||http://swphlebotomy.com/|